It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs Israel: What The Media Wants You To Forget

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Isreal has consistantly proven to us that it has no intentions of playing by the rules, it acts alone with its massive arsenal of US funded advanced wepons and machinery. The world needs to start treating countries fairly, i know we may not agree with the way the Iranians live, but we have to remember Isreal is right on the Iranians doorstep with at leat 80 devestating nukes, this in itself is going to cause Iran to be very paranoid, and then when you have the rest of the world isolating them and backing their atomic neighbours it just makes the situation so much worse.

This will kick off, i have no doubt about that but when it does i think we should think twice about letting this NWO propaganda sway us from being fair and decent human beings.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by ukman2009]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So the US is slowly hyping up the heat on Iran like it did to Iraq.False intelligent reports and news reports.Get enought hype and you get a country like Israel stered up enough to attack Iran really on false intelligence just to allow the US to invade Iran and take over there oil fields too.I know its a slow progress and it worked with Iraq.Maybe in another 12 months with some more lies about Iran and fake stories ,Israel may attack.Of course a little help from the united states.A fake Iranian attack on Israel using CIA contractors or mercenarys may start this nasty little war.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If we had a UN Security Council that actually worked, we might get somewhere. As it is; the US will always veto anything that is aimed at Israel, and Russia will usually come down on the side of Iran. There should not be permanent, veto-wielding, members of the Security Council at all. How is anything supposed to be resolved when the veto-wielders are the big power players? It would be like having a trial where the judge is friends with the accused and the jury are buddies with the defense.

Although I agree with the points in the OP, Iran are not blameless. They clearly know how to work the IAEA and they did lie for nearly 20 years before being busted. I can pretty much guarantee they're not being 100% transparent about their nuclear work. I'm convinced they're trying to emulate North Korea - and who can blame them, really?

So yeah, we're probably on the way to more hostilities in the Middle East - with the UN being played by both sides as usual.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I agree with those who are emphasising Israels hypocracy, any sane minded person would.

Something not mentioned is that Bush in his wisdom cursed what he called the "Axix of evil", namely Iraq, Iran and N Korea. I cant help but fear the wheels were put in motion regarding war with all 3 many years ago. If it wasnt nukes it would be some other illusionary reason that war is called against Iran. After those millions of innocents are killed then N Korea is next.

I dont believe in a god, but at times wish there was. He needs to come here and stop this lunacy, murder and look after the children of the world.

respects

[edit on 2-10-2009 by captiva]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
jew baiting even here hmmn?

what is this, rense.com? lol

while I don't agree with many of the policies of the Israeli government, I refuse to demonize them like muslims have been demonized and dehumanized over the last decade or so.

I don't think dehumanizing israelis is apropo either and is in fact as low minded as the other.

I didn't realize that ATS supported Hate though. Questioning is one thing, but really, these diatribes go a bit far.

fascinating.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

I don't think dehumanizing israelis is apropo either and is in fact as low minded as the other.

fascinating.

And you cannot cite one instance where an ATS poster on this thread has dehumanized an Israeli.

Fascinating.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

U are joking arnt you? I cannot see one post where any isrealis have been "de-humanised"
Dont you think living in a city that is a prison and not being allowed out at all to move freely is "de-humanising"

[edit on 2-10-2009 by ukman2009]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I would agree that Isarel needs to cooperate with the UN regarding its nuclear facilities.
after all, everyone knows Israel has nuclear weapons, especially after Vaanunu blew the whistle on it.

However, let us not forget that Israel is not a religious-fanatic-militaristic state and it doesn't call to annihilate another country.

That's why the focus is on Iran. Is it pure propaganda like we had in Iraq? Yes.
But we still need to keep a close watch on what's going on.

Personally I think all Iran wants is to show they can manufacture nukes, they will never use one once they got it and everybody knows that.

We should have a close watch over Pakistan and India, two nuclear super-powers which can resolve one day to a nuclear war over water-dispute.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

If the Muslims have the number and nuclear weapons, they will kill every man, woman and child in Israel.

WOW. I mean..just...wow!

Watch Fox News much?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

fascinating.

And you cannot cite one instance where an ATS poster on this thread has dehumanized an Israeli.

Fascinating.

You obviously cannot read:

Sadly it appears that Israel will send our children off to war because the government we sign the pay checks for jump to their every whine er, I mean whim.

The fact remains that Israel does have nukes and that they don't play by the same rules they expect and demand everyone else play by [as outlined in the Op]. Israel commits war crimes and crimes against humanity just for starters. Whenever they're called to answer for their evil, they scream Anti-Semitism.

and if you took a minute to read through you would see that everyone living in israel is blanketed like this as everyone in iran is blanketed with it.

people who throw some crap on a table and proclaim it as "fact" or "true" are problematic right out the gate.

I don't expect you to see it though. If you can't now, it will take you some time before you will be able to see the problem that is underlying and inherent to this thread and others like it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

There is no dehumanization in any of what you quoted.

Nice try though.

*Iran signed the NPT but Israel did not.

*Iran Allows the IAEA inspectors full access but Israel did not.

Israel is not playing by the rules. Canada plays by the rules.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
surrounded by countries intent on it's destruction, enduring constant attacks by terrorist whose only goal is to kill Israeli citizens, listening to the leader of Iran pillory them and threaten to wipe them off the face of the earth, while watching the rest of the world allow Iran to develope nuclear weapons, Its a wonder to me that Israel has shown such restraint.
Yes Israel has nuclear weapons, but IMO there is no comparison between Israel and Iran, Israeli nuclear weapons are no threat to any nation that does not seek to do Israel harm. That cannot be said of Iran. As far as I am concerned, the US should be standing shoulder to shoulder with Israel and see to it that Israel's borders expand to their original biblical geography. We should be publicly stating that we will have Israel's back and even be willing to help them destroy Iran's nuclear capabilities. A major war is coming in the middle east. It is in not only our but the rest of the civilized world's interest to take out Iran from the beginning.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The war will not come from Israel or Iran.

Iran knows that it'd be open season on their country if a nuke detonated in Israel ... even if they didn't supply it. Israel knows it would be ostracized by the International community if it were to even use even tactical nukes against Iran. I doubt it could get away with a simple strike on an Iranian facility, like it did with Syria a while back. Iran and it's population would be calling for blood and would be willing to make a full-scale invasion. No one wants that. Not even the U.S., as much as it wants war with Iran.

Even with all this saber-rattling in the U.S. media right now, there's no way that the media could convince the U.S. population that attacking Iran is a good idea. 70% of the population disagrees with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. We'd deliver an entirely new administration and Congress next election if they decided to attack.

What you need to be concerned about it a false flag operation. I'd be more concerned about a nuke or at least a dirty-bomb being detonated on U.S. soil than I would on Israeli or Iranian soil. Because it would take another 9/11 to get the people of the U.S. behind an attack on Iran.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Wow, it is interesting to see all of these things put out in a list. Is it possible that Iran has no illegal facilities and that Iran or other powers may be trying to coax Israel into an attack just to say "Hey look, we have no nukes, we have no illegal programs!" Because I'm sure that would start a HUGE #storm against Israel, and if Ahmadinejad or whoever is in power wants Israel destroyed, that would be a good start.
Good post.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is obviously wrong for Isreal to not adhere to the same rules/laws as everybody else regarding nuclear capability.
However i think there is a massive difference in the behaviour/attitude and goals of both Isreal and Iran.
Iran is the more dangerous of the 2 nations and basically just wants to exterminate Israel.Therefore it is in the best intrests of the whole world that they are contained with their plans.
Israel too should be held accountable for the laws they have continually broken.
There is obviously huge tension in the middle east and unfortunatley its the USA orchestrating it all.
Its bad times as it wont stop until the USA have taken Iran's oil resources, its disgusting.
USA and Israel are the two most hypocritical countries in the world and Britain are a joke..........and im british !

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So Iran, whose leader is quoted as saying he will wipe Israel off the map, is being wrongly discriminated against by the UN? Israel is full of hypocracy because it stockpiles weopons, not to take land, but in anticipation of another inevitable invasion like in 48' and 73'?
For all of the Iran defenders, why don't you take a field trip to Iran sometime? There is no internal conflict within yourselves knowng that the very place you are trying to defend wouldn't think twice about killing you because of where you're from?

Wow, and I thought the supporters for Roman Polanski, the child rapist, were backwards?

By the way, this war is going to happen, with Israel shocking the world with the outcome. Ez: 38

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It's a shame that people are focussing on the wrong things in this issue.

The anti-Israel crowd cannot be swayed that other parties besides Israel are responsible for the trouble in the ME. To them Israel can do no right and its neighbours no wrong. They are responsible for everything. They are the ones who want this war and don't care about the rest of the world. If an act of war does take place, no matter who carries it out, these people will be adamant that Israel was either directly behind it or provoked it as the only alternative.

The always-stick-with-Israel crowd will not admit that Israel is in the wrong and has been in the wrong in the past. They see any action taken - no matter how disproportionate - as necessary for its defence. You cannot have nuclear weapons, not sign a nuclear agreement, ignore UN resolutions and then expect another country that you do not like to have to abide by rules that you yourself do not abide by.

Well people from both of those groups are just as bad as each other. If you have not at least done limited research into ME history, then you will likely be very biased in your views towards who is wrong and who is right. It is a complex history where villains can be found in many different areas.

This is ALL about divide and conquer people. Things like "Right-wing nut job" "Jew-controlled media" "Terrorist-news station" are designed to create hate and distrust between majorities and minorities. The true perpetrators can just scapegoat these people while their dirty hands and blood-stained paper trail remain hidden from public scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
So Iran, whose leader is quoted as saying he will wipe Israel off the map, is being wrongly discriminated against by the UN?

Yes.

Israel is full of hypocracy because it stockpiles weopons, not to take land, but in anticipation of another inevitable invasion like in 48' and 73'?

You mean an invasion like when the Jewish state seized land and claimed it as their own in 1948? In that case, yes ... full of hypocrisy.

knowng that the very place you are trying to defend wouldn't think twice about killing you because of where you're from?

The majority of the Iranian people don't agree with thier administrations policies toward the rest of the world. That's why they elected a different president the last election. Sadly, the election was stolen by Ahmadinejad ... which was clearly evident by the protest the Iranian people put forth.

So, if you're talking about the Iranian administration killing me because I'm from American ... maybe so. But, if you're talking about the Iranian people ... I don't believe it for a second.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Iraq is a terrorist nation run by an illegit government that oppresses and kills its own citizens. The premise of this thread is ABSURD.

It boils down to- Who do we trust with nukes?

Israel- which has them and has never used them, but will for self defense as would all other countries with them

OR

Iran- which will soon have them and also promises the extinction of Israel and currently exports its terror in Iraq and Afganistan.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join