It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My philosophy on why each and everyone of you are in a relationship with me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My philosophy
is that of one which may change your mind set on relationships as well. The reason why I decided to even bring this up was because after telling a few of my friends my thoughts on the matter, all of them have responded saying my thoughts were either really deep or interesting to say the least. Now the main reason this came about in my thoughts was because of the fact that I tend to look past man-made labels that are meant to describe something. Now to get to the point, I say I am in a relationship with each and everyone of you because what most of society as I perceive it, thinks that the foundation for a good relationship is feelings for someone (Love) and friendship or things in common. Well since I also don't care for sexual desires and could see myself easily being in a long term relationship with someone who had a STD, To expand on this further, what does the gender even matter regarding my philosophy?* It made me wonder because I do, Truly love everyone and I do have things in common with everyone and I am friends with everyone. So, By societies standards of a relationship as I perceive it, Aren't I in a relationship with all of you! I mean even if you try to disagree you are still in a relationship with me regardless as I will always love you and always be your friend.

*- I didn't know how to get my point out better regarding genders, sex, and a new one distance without messing up my entire post, so i will elaborate more here. By the way that I think, gender, having sex, and distance are all irrelevant in sustaining or creating this relationship. Hmm, This will be a better example to show what I mean. I'm sure you have a best or good friend of the same sex. Don't you love them? Aren't you friends with them regardless of where they are or what they are? Now considering love isn't defined by sex or the act of it, and by you looking past man-made labels, wouldn't you say what makes your relationship with a significant other just the same as what makes your relationships with friends? So looking past these labels further can't you see that your also in relationship to at least all you know and love?

Comments are greatly appreciated!

Light & Love to you all!

=)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
At the metaphysical level yes, sub-atomic level yes, we are all connected.
At the societal level, by definition, no. Not consciously nor as it stands in terms of our societies definition.
Yes, sex nor gender, nor species determine or classify a relationship.
A woman married the Eiffel Tower for christs sake.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Relationships are based on a variety of things, including hate and need. Love is a label in many ways, I agree. In a way, we all DO love each other in the sense that we are social. To be an outcast from society is akin to a fate worse than death, although some do choose to be hermits and get along just fine.

We are all in a relationship with our environment, though. Show me one living human who doesn't have to cope with what is around them.

On this website, we are in an even closer relationship in that we converse with each other or, even better, our thoughts are also read by thousands of others who are not members here.

Beyond that (imo), every thought we have has far reaching consequences on the collective unconscious.

Agreement, disagreement, spite, love, jealousy, compassion, hate, pity... ALL these emotions tie us together in a huge Gorgon Knot.

Originally posted by seagrass
Yes, sex nor gender, nor species determine or classify a relationship.
A woman married the Eiffel Tower for christs sake.

I'm guessing it wasn't a church wedding(?)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of the saying, "To know me, is to love me?"

I like to think that I love everybody, but, to be honest I don't.

I particularly dislike the person who cut me off in traffic this morning, nearly causing an accident.

I don't know that person, but I dislike them right now.

Possibly if I got to know them, I might like them even after nearly killing me, but, I don't think that will ever happen.

I guess, what I am saying is, I have to know a person before I can make a judgement on whether or not I want a relationship with them, regardless of having a couple of things in common.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

First, I'm assuming your male.

Aren't I in a relationship with all of you! I mean even if you try to disagree you are still in a relationship with me regardless as I will always love you and always be your friend.

I hate you. Yes, we're in a hateful relationship, so your right that despite not knowing you, we still have a hateful relationship. I hate you because you indirectly called me gay or at least that is how I perceived your deceleration of love for me.

[EDIT]

Wow, after reading the other replies, I think I'm the only one who actually got what you were hinting at!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Until reading your post, I was completely unaware of your existence. To me, an awareness by me that you exist is a pre-requisite of us being in a relationship.

Its not you, its, er, me...... And there are plenty more fish in the sea. And stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

IAM
/ \
U------ME

Three ways
A relationship

Ship to ship.

To shore: to lend support

The Love Boat.

The will of: The initiator of action

Bee oat: Honey, sweet nourishment

Fantasy island

Fan Tazzy: Cool the Devil

I land: Safe harbour in turbid waters

This is getting complicated. Where's Dr. Phil so we can clear this up?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

First, I'm assuming your male.

Aren't I in a relationship with all of you! I mean even if you try to disagree you are still in a relationship with me regardless as I will always love you and always be your friend.

I hate you. Yes, we're in a hateful relationship, so your right that despite not knowing you, we still have a hateful relationship. I hate you because you indirectly called me gay or at least that is how I perceived your deceleration of love for me.

[EDIT]

Wow, after reading the other replies, I think I'm the only one who actually got what you were hinting at!

Whose we? lol, did I not just say that I love you? Your the one who hates me. Nor was i hinting at anything, gay is just one of those labels. Just like you calling yourself human is one of those labels, I'm looking past these labels and realizing that relationships wether it be with a significant other or just a friend, are the same. Sure you may not be able to have sex with your friends wether they be male or female for whatever reason that you have made for yourself, but those friends, with labels set aside are no different then the relationship you have with someone your married to.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I'm also replying to Blanca Rose in this statement, but in my philosophy you are me so I am already aware of you/me before I even meet you/me. =)

Also Blance Rose, I think it would be more proper to say you dislike his action, not the actual person.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

Whose we? lol, did I not just say that I love you? Your the one who hates me. Nor was i hinting at anything, gay is just one of those labels. Just like you calling yourself human is one of those labels, I'm looking past these labels and realizing that relationships wether it be with a significant other or just a friend, are the same. Sure you may not be able to have sex with your friends wether they be male or female for whatever reason that you have made for yourself, but those friends, with labels set aside are no different then the relationship you have with someone your married to.

Damn, I can't argue against that ... Well played!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Those are very interesting thoughts, and on some level you are right. But how can we be in a relationship with someone that we don't even know because we have no feelings for that person, and we don't know anything about that person to be able to form an opinion about them.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok, well that's IT. I want out. I want a divorce. This 'relationship' has been entirely one-sided on your part. I can't tolerate your spiritual voyeurism any longer.

Oh, I guess we would still have a relationship then as well, huh?

Stop bringing your huggy, fluffy, dancing rainbow bunny stuff in here and making SENSE on some deep, spiritual level. That's why I want for you to cease and desist this 'relationship' immediately.

Good stuff.

"I did NOT have relations with that woman"....uh yeah, this hippy on ATS said you did.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Ok, well that's IT. I want out. I want a divorce. This 'relationship' has been entirely one-sided on your part. I can't tolerate your spiritual voyeurism any longer.

You forgot to sue for Alimony Payments!

To the OP, like yeah...cough...I love you too man!

Whether one is Christian or an Atheistic Scientist, or Pantheistic New Ager, they all agree that we all come from the same particles. If we aren't all one, then we are at least all like cells in the same body. If you think about it too long you'll see the pointlessness in harming another and the importance of helping/loving one another.

Although as I'm typing this I'm realizing I'm starting to sound like a hippie. I better stop while I'm ahead.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Bull, you don't have the same particles I have and I won't allow you to share my particles. I need my particles!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm looking past these labels and realizing that relationships wether it be with a significant other or just a friend, are the same. Sure you may not be able to have sex with your friends wether they be male or female for whatever reason that you have made for yourself, but those friends, with labels set aside are no different then the relationship you have with someone your married to.

Actually, the relationships I have with my friends ARE different than the one I had with my spouse. Although my spouse was also my friend, we shared more non-physical intimacy than I do with my friends.

My friends and I complement each other in different ways. While our value systems were generally similar, our life goals were not. A married couple generally have the same life goals and they work toward them together. I have no desire to do this with my friends.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psi-Vampress
Those are very interesting thoughts, and on some level you are right. But how can we be in a relationship with someone that we don't even know because we have no feelings for that person, and we don't know anything about that person to be able to form an opinion about them.

Well like I have already stated in my previous post, I am you and you are me, thus we have already met. Since you are me and I love myself I love all of you. To me we are all connected physically and spiritually, wether it be were all same on the celllular level or that we are all in fact energy or the way i perceive it, that were all one being.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its great to see one more human excepting the universal gift of true awareness...if only it was this easy for the rest of the world realize, there would be no differences in our understandings.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

I'm looking past these labels and realizing that relationships wether it be with a significant other or just a friend, are the same. Sure you may not be able to have sex with your friends wether they be male or female for whatever reason that you have made for yourself, but those friends, with labels set aside are no different then the relationship you have with someone your married to.

Actually, the relationships I have with my friends ARE different than the one I had with my spouse. Although my spouse was also my friend, we shared more non-physical intimacy than I do with my friends.

My friends and I complement each other in different ways. While our value systems were generally similar, our life goals were not. A married couple generally have the same life goals and they work toward them together. I have no desire to do this with my friends.

Actually the way I see it they are the same, your just choosing for it to seem different to you, like you choose to be more non-physically intimate with your spouse. Most of society is conditioned to believe that friends and a spouse are different, when you believe something to be true, you will think its really true, but that doesnt make it true. Again, you have no desire for that with friends because that is the choice you have made. To go into more on what you said, I think everyones life goal is at its core just about the same as everyone elses, to be happy. Also I feel like its important to state this is MY philosophy not yours and I understand this, so don't feel offended in any way please. I love you and everyone else with all of my heart! =)

Have a wonderful day!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Bumping for more replies!

=]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I say I am in a relationship with each and everyone of you because what
most of society as I perceive it, thinks that the foundation for a good
relationship is feelings for someone (Love) and friendship or things in common.

I would agree with that except for one point. It is literally correct except for the reduction of "love" to merely "feelings."

"Love" has at least as much to do with knowing as it does with emotion. As for the "things in common" part well...literally yes. But, keep in mind that the word "relationship" is not limited to people. The "thing in common" might be common interests, or it might be conscious awareness, or it might be a spatial relationship, or anything. The earth has a relationship with the sun. You have a relationship with your computer. A cup on a saucer has a relationship with the saucer it's on. Relationship...or "real-ationship," is simply the manner in which things relate to each other. When you say aloud the word "relate" try to think of it, for a moment, as "real-ate." As in, "to make something real." "Reality" is the state of your perceptions. Things that you perceive are "real" to you. When two things are "real" to one another, they have "real-ated" and are therefore related.

what does the gender even matter regarding my philosophy?*

It doesn't, particularly. Neither does species. Or even awareness. As seagrass pointed out, all things are connected. Relationship is simply the manner in which they perceive that connection.

At this very moment, I have "a relationship" with the north pole. And it has a relationship with me. I've never been there. It's a place that I have a mental construct of. And the north pole probably not aware of me at all. This is a relationship, just like "the earth orbits the sun" is a relationship, and just like "those two are married" is a relationship. The only difference is the nature of those relationships.

even if you try to disagree you are still in a
relationship with me regardless as I will always love you

Yes. Literally. Again, "love" is a function of knowingness. Awareness is really shared beingness, because your perception is an integral part of what you are: You cannot perceive something without it being part of your consciousness, and your consciousness is what you are.

We relate. We are both human. ( I assume.
) We are both ATS users. And we are both sharing a conversation here on this website. Thus, we have extended our awareness to encompass one another to that extent.

That extent is, more or less, the extent to which we "love" one another. I think that really what love is, is acceptance of "other" as "self." When I perceive something, it by definition is part of me to the extent that I perceive it. But I may try to reject or deny it. That is not love. But neither are mere "pleasant feelings."

Love is willful acceptance that, that which is perceived is part of you. There is no love other than self love. Love is acceptance of self and other as one being.

This, incidentally, is what is meant by expressions like "love thy enemy." It has nothing to do with feelings. When you perceive an "evil" act, that act is part of you. To love thy enemy means to accept that that which you think of as enemy would not exist for you if it were not perceived by you, and therefore would not be part of your being. "Hating" a person or thing that is part of your perception is rejecting the nature of your self. Denying that it is you.

Love thyself. Love all of thyself. Accept who you are.

No crucifying me, please.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by LordBucket]

top topics

join