It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Has Been Blocked On My Televison Set

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I watch Fox News just about every day, but within the past 5 days, there has been a mysterious black box covering up most of the screen. It is large and perfectly shaped. I can see the sides and bottom of the screen. When I check the other channels, they all seem to come in fine accept for Fox News. I have two other t.v's in the house the also have cable. I thought I'd check Fox News on those to see if it works and they do. So I just leave the t.v. on with the black box and continue to listen to the news. Then I sort of got fed up and started complaining about how they must have blocked it out so I couldn't watch it and that must be what the digital is all about. Then wouldn't you know it, the black box disappeared and stayed off for the rest of the evening. The next day, it was back. I left it on any way and just listened. All of a sudden Obama comes on with a speech and the black box disappears. So I came to the conclusion that all I can watch on Fox News is when Obama is talking. I thought I wanted to protest this by keeping the channel on anyway, but I have to admit that this box is really annoying. So I may find myself switching to a different network. The cable company says it is nothing on their end, it must be the t.v. but I've tried different t.v's and it does the same thing. Has anyone else had this similar problem?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Can you record this and post it?

Nothing fancy even a photo would be cool.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

I concur

take a photo or video please

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Check your Closed Caption button setting. Sometimes that happens on my parent's TV when they have the setting on the wrong one.

link   
You might want to check your Closed Caption Text settings in the TV Menu...

The black box reminds me of when you have Closed Caption on, but, with the wrong CC enabled...make sure it's off or try changing it from 1 to 2 ect...

Nice CT angle though!!!

@ WhiteMagicWoman:

[edit on 9/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

link   
more than likely you have CAPTION set... or parental block which is done via the V Chip....

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Consider yourself lucky! If Fox went off the air, the combined IQ of America would increase by about 10 points.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd think the problem would be somewhere on your end, else the cable company be ripped asunder with complaints.

It appears to be a not uncommon issue. I found this which seems to be a similar issue.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That's a good thing

Sorry, had to say it

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
1. Perhaps your television is trying to tell you something?

2. Your "closed captioning" on your TV is turned on. It is probably set to "CC4" or something like that which is why you are not seeing the text.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
just imagine if this happened to all the news networks, on everyone's television set.

it would probably create a country where people actually think for themselves.

i wonder what that would be like
utopia?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Check your Closed Caption button setting. Sometimes that happens on my parent's TV when they have the setting on the wrong one.

I don't think it has to do with closed captioning because all my other channels work and the Fox News channel can be seen just fine when Obama comes on it. I can see him as plain as day, but nothing else.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
Consider yourself lucky! If Fox went off the air, the combined IQ of America would increase by about 10 points.

I concur.

However, OP might want to consider the possibility that space aliens are attempting contact with a message for the world that you've been chosen to share with us. You may be hypercroniac.

If that's the case, though I don't condone drug abuse, I'd say your best bet is '___' and constant staring at the screen.

Hey, it worked for Terrance McKenna.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Whatthehell?]

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Whatthehell?]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I too have that problem, but not just with the tv. I see the big black box all the time, everywhere. If you look away and then back real quick you can get short glimpses of reality. I think it's reality.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher

I don't think it has to do with closed captioning because all my other channels work and the Fox News channel can be seen just fine when Obama comes on it. I can see him as plain as day, but nothing else.

It's still your closed captioning. FoxNews probably sends out a simulcast signal that is activating the TV's CC feature, whereas the other channels aren't broadcasting programming at the time with that simulcast signal to trigger it.

Go into TV settings and under closed captioning, select "none." Your spooky problem will go away.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Sometimes, the different caption options work differently on different channels. If you accidentally have the caption set to CC4, for example, other networks may not be sending a signal through that channel, while Fox News is for some reason. The reason that it disappears when Obama is on could be because they stop using that feed while he's on.

Hope that makes sense!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kindabored

Now are you sure yer little sister didn't stick a strip of electrical tape on yer glasses while you were napping?

or maybe it's like "They Live" and the grays have bestowed "The Vision" upon you...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
you people crack me up!

now I'm getting a red message on the black box. Here's the message:

2HlH;PY@ Cd@d ]2@Hl 3-! u2uk [?

Can anyone deciffer it?

It's either the computer trying to tell me something ,aliens or the evil men in black, the czars in Washington.

I have been putting a lot of things out there on the web and maybe they finally caught up with me. Possibly some kind of warning. I'm ready for them! Come and get me!

Honestly, I will check out all that you have mentioned, thanks for the advice. But I sure am having fun with this one!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'll put my best team on it!!!

I'm pretty sure the first section is coded as:

To High Hippy...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Can you take some photos of this?
On DirectTV, I watch Fox every day *GASP* and I dont have this problem. Sometimes I wish it would block out Obama

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join