It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons don't believe Jesus was Son of God.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yeah dude. I was a Master Mason (3rd degree).

I had to demit for spiritual reasons. Belief in God is a requisite for membership. My views changed over time.

There are no hard feelings between myself and my former lodgemates, though, and I've kept my vows.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Now I have some very personally tailored spiritual beliefs, and one of them is that we, as humans, have all the power of the universe within ourselves, making us, essentially, the same as a 'supreme being'...of sorts. Now, that being said, I guess I do believe in a 'Great Architect', but NOT in an anthropomorphic 'god' kind of way...does that qualify me to be a Mason?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
reply to post by Roark

Now I have some very personally tailored spiritual beliefs, and one of them is that we, as humans, have all the power of the universe within ourselves, making us, essentially, the same as a 'supreme being'...of sorts. Now, that being said, I guess I do believe in a 'Great Architect', but NOT in an anthropomorphic 'god' kind of way...does that qualify me to be a Mason?
Sure. Plenty of the Masons who were the founding fathers of America were Deists.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
The whole premise of the OP is that, because one Mason doesn't believe that Jesus is the Son of God, therefore NO Masons believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Certainly. That is the kind of crap that every piece of anti-Masonic literature I have ever read tries to disseminate to the public. There is no logic to anti-Masonic literature at all!!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Supreme Commander of the scottish Rite of Freemasonry and 33 degree Albert Pike wrote " Let it be repeated to the brothers of the 31st and 32nd dgree that the doctrine of freemasonry shall be the Luciferian Doctrine."

33rd Manly P hall and 33rd Albert Mackey will confirm.

The "unseen masters," or "Heirophants" believe in intelligence and loyalty proven through secrecy. those that are not initiated are considered PROFANE and serve only to be fleeced.

Lucifer=Intelligence, Creater=pure matter and pure energy
Pike therefore stated the god of freemasonry was not the creator god but the Great Architect, or Lucifer.

Truthfully they are the ideological decendents of the Brotherhood of the Snake. The hidden priests behind every civilization who worship exactly the opposite of what they teach so as to retain control and guide progress. The very ideology "Jesus" rebelled against. "man manipulating man"

If your not big on reading I suggest Bill coopers Mystery Babylon radio series. Good night and God Bless

[edit on 23-12-2009 by SoundTheory]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

I do not believe that God is anthropomorphic either. Rather, God is infinite, and our finite language cannot accurately describe the Godhead. Therefore, we have no choice but to use anthropomorphic language as metaphors, which over time became imbued with superstition, leading to a literal belief in God's anthropomorphism.

This is not to say that I do not believe that God is not "real". Instead, I consider God the ultimate reality, just beyond descriptive words concerning his essence.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

So...I qualify?
Or...won't get kicked out...or whatever?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Yes, you probably do qualify. Just go to or email your local lodge and try to meet some of the brothers there, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Most lodges have a dinner type thing every now and then that non members and people looking to become members can attend.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
For the sake of argument let’s pretend Mason’s have some credible information that actually refutes the existence of Jesus or the existence of Jesus as the son of G-d.

Would that make them evil for knowing a hidden truth? Would it make them crazed or dangerous for not accepting a well accepted lie?

Your contention runs into trouble in that it pushes your belief in Jesus being the Son of G-d on everyone else and your belief that anyone who doesn’t believe this to be true as representative of some kind of evil.

Your underlying concern is that Freemasons might be foisting their beliefs dishonestly off on others, even though you are yourself foisting your beliefs on others with only the illusion that they are honest but no actual credible proof to substantiate them.

Now having said that I am of the personal opinion that Jesus was real but was actually from the English Isles as was his sect and Rome simply borrowed him as a religious figure loosely based on the life of Julius Caesar. This is in my opinion why the Druids were so ruthlessly hunted down by the Romans in England.

Masons may have learned of this through the Templar Knights who may have learned of it themselves through their own vast network of clerks, clerics and men at arms that spanned the world from England throughout Europe and the Middle East.

That is all speculative and a matter of opinion and conjecture though and is neither an indictment nor accusation.

It is just a personal belief.

A belief I take on something called faith.

Just like you take your belief on Jesus Christ being the Son of G-d on faith and that G-d on faith.

I love debating and learning about the Masons for a host of academic reasons but Augustus Masonicus is a very well mannered, intelligent and good contributor to ATS. How he may feel or not feel about Jesus Christ is really not the kind of thing that a controversy should be made of.

There are a lot of fascinating and interesting things about the Freemasonry story but attributing hearsay and innuendo said by one Mason as being indicative of something beyond hearsay and innuendo serves no purpose.

Forgive them Augustus they know not what they do!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That was actually very well said.
I personally have a lot of issues with christianity and jesus and all that stuff...I really make no attempt to hide my contempt, but am willing to listen to reason...but NOT willing to be preached at or bossed or guilted into subjugation. I'm adversarial by design, not by choice.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join