It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I know there are many threads on the subject of Disclosure, but bear with me as I'm hopefully able to bring something new to this discussion. Recently I've been toying with some ideas and I'd like to present them for serious discussion.

The more I think about the, in particular, US Government's attitude, reactions and actions towards the UFO phenomena the more I am convinced they don't know as much about the phenomena as some claim and believe. Now, from everything I've seen and read it's obvious they have been aware of UFOs for many decades and have studied them. I don't even dismiss the possibility of the (US) Government for instance, having recovered some crashed hardware and perhaps even bodies. But exactly what kind of information were we able to extrapolate from that?

Maybe some understanding of their biology, and from that perhaps even get an idea of the possible environment of their home planet, but unless they left the route back to it on a chart we can understand or decipher, chances are we have no idea where that place is.

And hypothetically, as unlikely as it sounds, say we were indeed able to communicate with beings, as some postulate, that survived the crash(es) and we could ask (or interrogate) them a number of things. Why would that information be reliable?

Taking into account the apparent stealthy nature of their interactions with us it's definitely not a stretch to think they are here monitoring or studying us, gathering intelligence for who knows what. If they got captured why would they give out any information that could potentially reveal their intentions, motives or origins?

I'm sure all of you have heard the stories about US Government agreements with aliens, and even working together with them. It's extremely important to carefully analyze the background and history of those stories and how they came to be. I understand some people disagree but one pattern I think clearly emerges from that analysis is that practically all those stories came from shady characters with, in most cases, obvious Government/Military connections (Rick Doty, John Lear, etc).

If you look at the history of ufology, it is not uncommon - particularly in the 80s - to find occasions where Government and Military agents were allegedly sharing information with UFO researchers and civilians (Linda Moulton Howe, Paul Bennewitz, Bill Moore, among others). If you look at that information, it invariably presented the notion of concrete knowledge of the alien agenda, their technology and even history, as well as agreements and joint operations.

To me those stories, which I am convinced are probably nothing more than disinformation, are part of an orchestrated campaign that has two objectives, one of which - and the most palpable to us civilians - is the muddying of the waters of the UFO field. The other objective, and perhaps more important from the Military's standpoint, is the projecting of the idea that the United States has dealings with non-human beings and is quite possibly in possession of mind-boggling technologies and weapons.

In my perspective, the book The Day After Roswell by Philip Corso seems like a good illustration of this. How realistic is it that the Government/Military couldn't persuade - and imagine the different methods available to achieve this - an 80 year old man who spent most of his adult life serving in the military - in Army intelligence at that - from revealing to the World, in such a public and even commercial manner, what was and is, we assume, the Military's most sensitive and best kept secret?

I'm not sure how many of you know the name Walter Bosley, but he is a former AFOSI agent and friend of Greg Bishop who from time to time makes appearances on Greg's show Radio Misterioso. While I take all of Walter's statements with a grain of salt I found one of his testimonies revealing: when asked by Greg if he had ever gone to a UFO conference while working for the AFOSI Walter replied that he did, once, but emphasized he was there monitoring suspicious foreign individuals not american citizens.

In the DOD's Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms Perception Management is defined as:

Actions to convey and/or deny selected information and indicators to foreign audiences to influence their emotions, motives, and objective reasoning as well as to intelligence systems and leaders at all levels to influence official estimates, ultimately resulting in foreign behaviors and official actions favorable to the originator's objectives. In various ways, perception management combines truth projection, operations security, cover and deception, and psychological operations.

Because of all this and more, one conclusion I've been pending to more lately is that all these wild stories, and in fact lore, are a product of perception management by part of the US Government and Military that while, in my opinion, have the primary goal of targeting foreign agents and officials, targets its own citizens as well.

It's clear to me, however, that this deception and influence of its own people is not simply an accident of a more military-oriented campaign but indeed an intentional and orchestrated effort. A good example of this, I believe, is the Phoenix Lights incident.

It is obvious to anyone who studies the case that there were two separate events on that night of March 1997, and the second event, the one we've all seen footage of, were flares dropped by the Air Force.

If the object seen earlier in the evening by thousands of people including Gov. Symington was a Military project, then I have to assume they wanted people to witness it, probably as part of some PSYOP, judging by the object's overt display as recounted by witnesses. However, the Air Force then tried to confuse people by making them think it was all flares. And to me, that not only proves the intentional targeting of civilians as I've mentioned, but also serves as an indication in my mind of how little of the phenomena the US Government knows and controls.

It's apparent, not just from this incident but from many others where there was some Military involvement and/or interaction, that the US Government is pretty much helpless as to where and when these things are going to show up. It seems to me that all the Government can do is clean up and minimize the "damages" after the fact with misinformation, disinformation and diversion tactics.

Considering all of this I'm convinced that while the Government probably does know more about the phenomena than what the public does and has access to, it seems unlikely they know as much about it as the lore suggests and clearly don't have control over it.

I can see and understand why, from the Government's perspective, it is better - from both civilian and military points of view - to give the impression that they know a lot and are in control of the situation by having agreements with aliens and so on. The perception of control, by the people, is as important as actual control.

In the end, I don't believe disclosure - in the way most people think of it - can occur because, in all probability, the Government doesn't have that much to disclose. Not only that but, besides disclosure likely revealing the Government's ignorance and incapacity to deal with the phenomena, it would undermine all the policies that have been in place for decades; which I'm sure would have been changed by now if they weren't considered successful and useful.

Policies which I believe, from the Government's standpoint, accomplishes two vital goals: influencing what the majority of people think of UFOs, and keeping America's enemies guessing and concerned about its secret weapons.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Forgot to mention that for those unaware of my position on the matter I'm of the opinion that some UFOs are of unknown intelligent nature. I don't dismiss any other possible origins for the phenomena even though I only specifically mention the extra-terrestrial in my post.

Hopefully this will avoid some distracting posts.

I hope that we focus and discuss the main issue which is my conclusion on what the Government knows and why.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
definatly possible....but who knows, thanks for your insight

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think the government are afraid to disclose because of widespread panic that could possibly happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well at least you got the two most notorious and nefarious Disinfo Agents named, Doty and Moore aka "Falcon" and "Condor". Moulton-Howe was simply a victim of Doty's filthy ilk and unfortunately she fell for it hook, line and sinker along with Friedman who was once a very respectable researcher until he was foolish enough to put all of his eggs in one basket by building his rep and cred on the hoaxed (by Doty) MJ-12 Documents.

As far as the Government knowing anything, I think they know precious damn little.

What is more dangerous? Admitting that there is something and all that you know about the visitors and their tech or admitting you know nothing other than there are visitors and we are powerless to stop them as they can and have rendered our most powerful defensive ordinance (nuclear) useless at times and what little tech we have confiscated through questionable means cannot be any more reverse engineered than a baby can understand Ruby On The Rails scripting.

Quite the perplexing situation. Both scenarios end in pandemonium. What does a government do?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

You make a great argument and it is, at least, quite possible that you are correct.

It would make more sense for the U.S. government to let their enemies believe they are in possesion of advanced weaponry and technology rather that disclose how little they really know about the situation. That would start a new generation of arms races as the enemy(s) would make a desperate grab for this technology since it would now be anyone's game.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thank you, I appreciate everyone's participation.

It's a shame I didn't motivate more people to participate, but I guess it's my own fault as I decided to talk in serious and realistic terms about something people are religiously fanatical about.

I've also failed to post blurry videos of lights in the sky and didn't make any predictions of future events.

Will try harder next time

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

Its not that. Ive read your post and I dont agree with your conclusions, thats all.

Greed runs this planet. If disclosure became a reality, people would start asking questions. Why are we not using alien technology to travel instead of burning oil? Where do they get their energy? Can we use it to heat our homes instead of paying huge bills? Why cant we go into outer space like they do? How does the universe really work and why is our space science not getting anywhere?

And so on. That seems like a far more probable reason to me.

Aliens may want to help people escape from this modern slave system we have here, but perhaps they have no right to interfere with civilizations. As we have seen in Star Trek, contact with aliens will change any civilization at its core forever. And humans would wreck havoc if allowed to go into space, visiting other civilizations.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Its not that. Ive read your post and I dont agree with your conclusions, thats all.

If I wanted to discuss things here in a manner that would get the most sympathetic and like-minded responses I would be claiming that Disclosure is around the corner and any time soon

I think progress is done by serious and intellectually honest debate between people with different opinions and conclusions. And I appreciate you presenting yours.

And so on. That seems like a far more probably reason to me.

My conclusion doesn't disagree with your opinion that the Government doesn't want people asking questions, in fact it wholeheartedly supports that notion, our only disagreement I believe - if I understood it correctly - is on what exactly the Government knows.

Are you saying the Government has either successfully back-engineered or been given alien technology?

As we have seen in Star Trek, contact with aliens will change any civilization at its core forever. And humans would wreck havoc out there, causing all kinds of wars.

I've also seen in Star Trek, that in order to not disturb alien civilizations they avoided any sort of contact and even kept the alien civilizations believing their own myths and religions (and sometimes even perpetuating it) in order to not disturb the civilization.

I think it's imperative we critically analyze the the phenomena beyond what it appears to be to us.

And even though aliens haven't (apparently) made contact in large scale public ways, they have indeed made some contact, so I don't know to what degree your comparison and theory still applies.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
We have been using alien technology since the days of the Mystery Schools. It was the "angels" (aliens) who traded technology (which looked like magic) to the prophets they selected.

These secrets were carefully guarded and brought these prophets wealth, power, and control. In return, the prophets used their influence to obtain blood sacrifices for the aliens.

The modern day contracters use the technology to produce wealth for themselves. So why would you expect any "green" technology that would benefit the whole of human kind. It won't happen.

One of the first lessons you learn in Mystery School and in Freemasonry is "A man is his trade." Techniques and secrets are to be guarded, not shared. Part of the mystery is to make it look like it will benefit everyone. But in reality, it is just something that everyone will want, and will make every effort to afford. Or, the trade could be a way to instill fear ( religion comes to mind) and gain control of people through psychological means. The uniqueness and expertise of your trade is what will bring you wealth, status, and power. And many "trades" are actually tricks.

We have always been using alien technology. And it has benefited only the selfish promoters (as intended) who covenated with them.

An interesting website you might like is "ancient skyscraper". It reveals a lot of ancient technology that is actually rather sophisticated.

There is no other explanation for that type of technology other than receiving it from an off-world entity.

top topics

join