It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protesters blasted by sonic cannon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Pittsburgh is my home town, I am very offended by what the Federal Government did there today.

I am officially as of yesterday no longer "Retired"!

It's time to rock and roll people

Hey Proto !

Isn`t there a City ordinance regarding `noise pollution ` ?

I found this from 1998 .

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the City Council in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania will consider an ordinance Wednesday that would lower the lawful noise level for car stereos from 85 decibels to 68 decibels, the level used in New York City.
The proposal would allow police to impound cars after a second citation.

link

85 decibels was a problem

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
... as odd as it is McKenzie Phillips is currently showing us all we need to address our issues ...

Ahh yes, McKenzie (my career is in the tank so I need to gen up some publicity so some sorry arse will buy my book) Phillips.

What a work of art.

Back to the thread... anybody got a time stamp of when they used this thing? I have been recording G-20 and police comms there off and on for most of the day... I'd like to poke around and see if I snagged any radio traffic related to it.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Being a member of Flickr I was sent some stunning photos, they ended up being the protest.

These shots captured the mood so well.

Link to Flickr (respect the copyright please)

Rhain

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I wonder if a .22 sniper with a silencer can take out one of those Sonic cannons. Probably wouldn't need a silencer anyways cause it would be louder than the gun. Are those Sonic cannnons easy to destroy?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Cops and Criminals my friend, birds of the same feather who oft flock together!

I imagine there will be quite a few lawsuits though before all is said and done.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by barrelmaker

Don't get me wrong, please. I wasn't suggesting anyone actually try this nor was I in any way wishing to see *anyone* hurt. I was talking more along the lines of simply resisting "orders" as given by the millitary personell there along with struggling/resisting any form of arrest.

What you say about them possibly being National Guardsmen is somewhat accurate, UNLESS they have seen active duty. In that case, they can only be deployed in the states in case of martial law or an declaration of emergency. Also, I'd argue that since our Guardsmen have been unlawfully utilized outside our borders in lieu of active duty millitary troops and in circumstances in no way related to the direct protection of the United States, the legitimacy of them still falling into being usable in any non-emergency declaration situation is highly debateable. Seems to me that the Posse Comitatus Act has been crapped all over by our government regardless.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have to wonder if people started taking dish network dishes with them to the protests as both a shield and sonic reflector, would that work?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You know, some forty years ago cops went about their business clubbing the crap out of the evil hippies.

We've come a long way haven't we?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but I would have just started dancing to it.

No vibration is going to drive me away. I AM A VIBRATION IDIOT!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Solution: earplugs.

Get flesh colored ones though - if you're obviously wearing ear protection, you could find yourself detained.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but wasn't a state of Martial Law declared by Bush? And prey tell me, when was it repealed. I personally was under the impression that we are still under Martial Law and that that was the reason that tptb are getting away with things like Military occupation. (Anyone feel like checking it out) Which was part of the KGB's four tiered (if I remember right) plan for invading a foreign nation. One of the tiers is Demoralization, they figured out it took at least a generation for that to take hold, meaning one class of kids from k-12. Well that's long past. This tier, is the same as the one we see overseas called Stabilization, wherein the Military comes in, and occupies for an indefinite period of time. What many may have failed to notice was PSYOP, Psychological operations. I believe these guys were the reason for the ruckus at the school wherein students were accosted. There reasoning was simple. Hey, there's a group of unrelated schoolkids, lets go scare the crap out of them, violate their liberties which they think are so concrete, and then when their friend tells them that he's going to go out and protest, they'll do everything in their power to stop him because they don't want a repeat of what happened, most basic and straight forward of psychological warfare.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Wow, they're really rolling out the artillery in the states. This would not fly in the UK, that van would be on it's roof, but I'm sure we'll see some action of similar things used in the near future here too.

An interesting choice of deterrence, one which no doubt they have tweaked to gain maximum effect in a certain age group - as you will be aware teenagers and young person's hearing tends to be more acute to that of aging generations, so no doubt this thing will be set to resonate on a frequency most heard by a particular demographic, my guess would be 18-30 years old - debilitate the fit and young and the decrepit will surrender (a bit harsh, it was only a protest, but you see the benefits of this in warfare).

The other thing to add is that over that piercing beacon, set to a lower frequency, it would be possible to record any subliminal messaging without necessarily being audible to nearby microphones as the constant pitch change of the sonic device cleverly masks any hidden undertones.

This is where the conspiratorial side of me thinks this is just like feeding pure oxygen to plane passengers in plummet - use NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and hypnosis to keep the populace calm as kosher cows!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Your right UK protestors go nuts! In the 80's we even set the city on fire, turned over loads of riot vans and cars, the result was millions in damages, 100s of bruised cops, i think it took a 50 cop horse presence to stop it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Did they even use the FULL FORCE of these sound cannons at the G20?

Or was this more like some kind of "test drive" for the Law enforcements to "get acquainted with" these new toys?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hopefully police had extra hard batons on them to deal with these clowns. Sorry if that sounds harsh but having seen G20 protesters behaviour here was nothing short of disgraceful. Damaging cars, shops, phone booths, throwing rocks, stones, bricks at police etc. Just ridiculous and completely unacceptable behaviour. Act like animals and you will be treated as such.

I know that it is fashionable on this forum to assume police and security are always in the wrong, but try and look at it from their view. What would you do if you saw a fellow police officer get knocked unconscious with a large stone? If you saw young, violent people destroying your property and causing lots of damage without any regard for the safety of those around them.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
What would you do if you saw a fellow police officer get knocked unconscious with a large stone?

You don't get it? right? they have crossed the lines and are using military equipment on the streets against their own citizens.

So the war is on! - the police should be damn happy if only large stones will be thrown in a near future!

Wait until hundred thousands of furious citizens all around the world are roaming around on their streets turning the pig-cars over on their roofs & ripping the police out of their cars giving them an ultimatum: are you with us or not?

If they would answer no? they could soon enough be hanging upside down beaten to death from the lamp-posts! - Partisan guerrilla style

(And no! I'm not talking about the political use of the word Partisan)

The world-wide revolution is not too far away if they are continuing this same way with the exaggerated police brutality and this police state mentality! - it will come back biting them in their arses! Pay Back Time!

And if I would be a copper I would think twice about my future actions!

Stop defending the damn PIGS man!

Viva La Revolución * where did I put those Molotov Coctails again?*

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is what happened in the UK when thatcher wanted poll tax

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
To my above post look at the police mowing people down at 1.13, sickening!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Girl w Bike Shoved and Arrested by Police during G20 in Pittsburgh 9/25/09

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
S & F , this is disgusting. Military force on civilians. I sure hope you guy across the pond stand up to them about this and get some answers as to how the hell they think they can do this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join