It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protesters blasted by sonic cannon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

G20 protesters blasted by sonic cannon

www.guardian.co.uk

Only a few hundreds protesters took to the streets of Pittsburgh to mark the opening day of the G20 summit of world leaders, but the police were taking no chances.

Sonic weapons or long-range acoustic devices have been used by the US military overseas, notably against Somali pirates and Iraqi insurgents.

But US security forces turned the piercing sound on their own citizens yesterday to widespread outrage.

It is feared the sounds emitted are loud enough to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There You Have it People!
First time ever used on america citizens

Was this protest important?

Or course it was!

That sonic weapon on "dissenters" basically said "Shut Up America"!

Amazing isn't it?
This is where we've come
This is what we've become

Disgusting!
That sound was LOUDDDDDDDDD and can easily damage eardrums.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ah, the people hopefully will not take this sittin' down..
I definitely will NOT take this. This is not America... and hasn't been for awhile.
But now it's just escalating...

Cowards.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Awe come on its called the Happy Freedom Cannon. It emits beautiful sounds of loveliness to sooth the protesters into a state of euphoria so that they can protest more calmly.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
haha and look at that flashy new Hummer pick up. They use our tax money on us. America is a joke! There is no more free places in the world anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I really wish that somebody would assault a couple of the US troops who were in Pittsburgh doing this. My reasoning behind that statement isn't that I want to see our troops get crapped on or have any animosity towards them, but it would be really interesting to see what legal quandry would come out of such an action. By the letter of the law and of the Constitution, those troops had NO authority in Pittsburgh nor any business there UNLESS martial law had been declared. So, as a result, anyone who fought against them could not be charged with anything worse than a simple assault (ie: no resisting, obstructing, or assaulting a LEO) without the government openly admitting that yes, we are under martial law.

It would just be nice to at least know whether we've been placed in an full on martial law state or if we simply have leaders who have declared the Constitution is garbage and are no longer concerned with what's in it. (It also would greatly weaken the government's position if we found out neither of the above is the case, these millitary troops have NO authority, and we can then press charges on them for assaulting civillians.)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It is quite crazy down there. Just saw a video on Huffingtonpost showing some guys dressed in military garb kidnapping a protester and driving off. They just drove up in a car, grabbed him kicking and screaming threw him in the back and drove off all within a minute or two.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by DraconianKing]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Before you say they have no legal reason to be there, you might want to check and see if they are actually US Army (or Marines, or whatever. Federal troops), rather than National Guard. I can't watch Youtube at work so I couldn't tell you either way right now. But NG can be used for law enforcement in most states at the discretion of the state's govenor.

Either way recommending people to assault troops is a bad idea. It won't help your cause at all, may get people killed, and could possible land you in jail for inciting violence. (It also may be against ATS T&C...)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Is the sound dubbed over the video? Because it sounded awful clear, and there was maybe only a couple of people covering their ears. My dog went nuts when I played it at low volume, and if I were there and it was that loud, I would not be pushing my bike around, I'd drop the thing and cover my ears.

(Regarding the second video.)

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Mekanic]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by barrelmaker
Before you say they have no legal reason to be there, you might want to check and see if they are actually US Army (or Marines, or whatever. Federal troops), rather than National Guard. I can't watch Youtube at work so I couldn't tell you either way right now. But NG can be used for law enforcement in most states at the discretion of the state's govenor.

Either way recommending people to assault troops is a bad idea. It won't help your cause at all, may get people killed, and could possible land you in jail for inciting violence. (It also may be against ATS T&C...)

This is a very valid point. The governor would have the final authority which impelled this assault.

This was an assault.

It was NOT a test.

Sadly, given my feeble understanding of the physics, that was far from full force.

The question becomes, are the people of Pennsylvania free? Does their Governor still claim that he is their for THEM?

A moment of shame. Their is no coloring it as anything else but a direct (yet indiscriminate) assault on the population gathered for a singular purpose - to express discontent and call for change from those directly responsible for the lack of it. In other words; We "people" are not allowed to talk to them. They will use force to make you NOT talk to them. Hearing us is an OFFENSE to their ears and evident "ELITE" status.

Where is the leadership in this? Where is the stewardship? In what way are these people "servants" of the world?

In the name of leadership they give us control

In the name of stewardship they give us exploitation

In the name of service they rule.

Ugh, bartender? Whiskey, neat.

EDIT TO ADD:

I think it hurt my dog too. He came to me for comfort after it ended; I imagine as if to say..., "Don't EVER do that again, please....." - of course, I won't. Twice was enough.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Freedom sound gun!

I can't wait for them to use this at tea-party rallies.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Duuuuude....you really need to put a warning in your OP that people should turn there volume down on their computers. I almost had a gosh dang heart attack and my cat isn't going to come near me for weeks now (okay, so the last part was an exaggeration). But in all seriousness, I'm still all out of sorts after that little incident.

Anyhoo,

I don't know what to think of this. I really don't. I'm trying to think of arguments for and against, and I have a really hard time finding one for either. All I know is that it just seems.....wrong. Just wrong to use these kinds of weapons on your own gawd danged citizens.

Edit to add:

I just watched the videos again and was struck by the fact that it didn't seem like people were assembling at all. First there didn't seem to be anywhere near enough people present in the first video to be even remotely considered a mob, especially an unruly one.

In the second video, people were just walking around as if they were just going about their business. No protesting or assembly of any kind, that I could see anyway.

So why were they even using these weapons at all???? I'm really confused.

Also, noticed how it didn't seem to bother some people at all? I wonder if they could even sense it like some others could. I can barely listen to it without it being on a really really really low volume.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well battle lines are clearly being drawn, yet as offensive as this weapon is it pales in comparisson in my humble oppinion to two words that were deployed for this event.

'SECURITY ZONE'. For the United States Government to make basically off limits an area of a city paid for by tax payers, utilizing taxpayer paid employees to deny this 'SECURE AREA' to them, to play host to a contingent of foreign dignitaries displays just how little is thought of in regards to the citizens.

We are clearly as citizens considered both an enemy of the state and an impedement to the State's business when it is necessary to 'Secure' and area and make it off limits to us for the purpose of 'Official' Government business in a place and in a state where the Federal Governemt HAS NO BUSINESS!

War has been declared and I am outraged that not one visiting foreign leader did not speak out and up about the "Security Zone" in Pittsburgh.

One almost has to wonder if such people are "Guests" of our government, "Employees" of our Corporate Government or "Captive" themselves in guilded gages while they are dictated too.

After all it would seem we have sonic and other weapons deployed all over the world.

Pittsburgh is my home town, I am very offended by what the Federal Government did there today.

I am officially as of yesterday no longer "Retired"!

It's time to rock and roll people

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A RPG will take care of one of these sonic trucks... no problem...

Easier said than done
This is in the US, not Gaza

This likely was an test... Problem is, with every protest people become more prepared...

Look for more protestors to use ear protection next time, however they will probably start using microwave weapons on protesters the next time.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You should know that they would have staged an event if necessary to use this device.

It wasn't about the danger of the protest or if the protest warranted using such a device or if such a device was the safest way for all concerned to stop a protest and disperse a crowd.

This was about finding an opportunity to 'INTRODUCE' such devices to the American people. In part to gauge the overall reaction of the American people but in larger part to 'CONFIRM' that the American people would make little protest in regard to such devices being used on citizens in America by Americans and the Government.

Using the media, and a few poorly funded and organized fringe protest groups that will with a little help from the media and a few broken windows be seen as a bad thing anyway this is about 'CONDITIONING' the American people for the next steps in an increasingly AUTHORITARIAN GOVERNMENT so that when one of these things rolls down the streets of their own town, they will already know what to expect and also accept that these kinds of ILLEGAL measures are being carried out in VIOLATTION of the citizen's CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

This is how the government brainwashes and conditions people.

I hope your cat is alright and you are too. Far more is being broadcast subliminally in that sound that is being overtly broadcast in that sound.

I highly recommend some fresh air, some hugs and something to make you laugh at this point.

Or better yet something to make the Government cry

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It's not the frst time used on Americans on American soil, it will soon be common place for this as an non-lethal crowd dispersement

Sonic Lrad weapon in LA

East County Magazine broke a story yesterday that is now starting to get Nationwide attention, and might have a significant effect on the upcoming San Diego County Sheriff's race in 2010, if not sooner.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
A RPG will take care of one of these sonic trucks... no problem...

Easier said than done
This is in the US, not Gaza

This likely was an test... Problem is, with every protest people become more prepared...

Look for more protestors to use ear protection next time, however they will probably start using microwave weapons on protesters the next time.

How many people do you think it would take to turn over a military humvee?

Do you think it would still work?

Let's hope no one ever has to try.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

[Hug]
I LOVE your posts!!!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here you go, protesters did fight back a little.
Military uses Sonic weapon

good video showing use of sonic weapon, and protesters sending a dumpster at the truck using sonic weapon, Rit police had to run the dumpster down an push it to the side just before it hits the military vehicle.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

[Hug]
I LOVE your posts!!!

Thanks friend, I think as odd as it is McKenzie Phillips is currently showing us all we need to address our issues with dysfunctional families.

It's time we summoned up the internal courage to be honest with our selves at this critical juncture in time of the true nature of our own government and what is has become.

As citizens of the nation we all suffer a 'Stockholm Syndrome' effect of often identifying with and making excuses for our captors and tormentors.

We need to stop doing that in my humble oppinion and take a long hard look internally and externally as to whether this new "America" is acceptable and excusable to any of us and to be honest with ourselves about just how wrong and how out of control our own relationship with our own government has become.

Hugs to you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join