It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protesters blasted by sonic cannon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
on the live feed thread which was the rozzers talking and trying to sort out the protesters, they stated there was 5,000-10,000 protesters, not just a couple of hundred. I dont like the sound of that LRAD (pun inteneded), it could cause lasting damage.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ill bet somebody in a garage somewhere is developing a Anti Sonic Canon
Weapon.

But all the Protesters want is for the G20 to actually do something.
How hard can it be. The first thing on the Agenda will be what country
will the next Holiday (oops, I mean Meeting) be.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I thought they might use these Lrads,as I mentioned in another thread by Protoplasmic traveller.
Thing is,I thought they were more sophisticated that that.I noticed even people behind the cannon on the street were covering their ears.
I thought LRADs were super high tech,and could "target" the sound in specific directions-it seemed from the videos that its not like that,and targets anyone in the vicinity.

So not so high tech then,just a glorified car alarm.
Bet its really bad for your ears though.

I wonder if the operaters can hear it too?
Serve them right if they went deaf,doing that to people for a living.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Riot Cop Video Analyzed

Part 1

Part 2

As can be seen from the analyzed photos from video of oakland the officer clearly is being offensively aggressive, along with a few other officers, towards the riders who are trying to move away from the area. Also in the last few images from the video you can clearly see the officer has his baton ready before the female rider even realizes what is going on. All in all they're either very poorly trained officers, took it upon themselves to instigate the altercation or were ordered to do so. Either way there can be no justification for the multiple assault on citizens by officers when said citizens are complying and leaving the area. If you watch the video you can also see other officers pushing pedestrians at the same time.

Originally posted by Drexl
Girl w Bike Shoved and Arrested by Police during G20 in Pittsburgh 9/25/09

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Drexl]

After having watched through a few times for specific details the officer hits her with the baton and proceeds to push her with his hands and his baton. then moves the baton to the right hand for a somewhat offensive stance. Other officers later in the video can be seen using the same instigation tactic to get others to respond in kind.

After she gets off the bike, most likely, to walk it she is immediately hit from behind by another officer, with his baton no less, a strike that if applied to the head could most likely have led to unconsciousness and possibly feeling threatened by the physical assault responds equally to the force being applied to her. Also at no time in the video does any object physically strike the officer but is deflected by his baton. so the only possibly injured person here is the woman or other riders.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by LurkingSleipner]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ill bet somebody in a garage somewhere is developing a Anti Sonic Canon
Weapon.

Good idea, maybe something that analyses the pitch and re-emits it with a reversed wave phase, does anyone know if this is possible ?

Glad i'm in the uk (at the moment, things may change) from outside the USA really looks like its becoming (has become) a scary place to be.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Two days a go, I noticed a report on Yahoo, saying that the G20 protesters had been fired upon with tear gas? the story disappeared pretty quick, and was waiting for it to appear here on ATS, I cant seem to find anything.

Can someone confirm this did happen please? I have noticed several stories over recent weeks seeming to report something crazy, then vanish without trace, Have to add this was on yahoo. co.uk.

Normally when things like that happen there are several threads, but again cant find anything, did this really happen? or did they report something which was or is going to happen a little bit prematurely?

Just interested
Azz

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
After watching a few more of these video's I think the analogy to cattle is more justified than ever. Look at the way they're herding these people.

I appreciate the earlier comments of a poster suggesting the police have difficult job to carry out, which is true; however abuse of power is all I can see in the video above, and most of the people hold their hand's up as if to say, "hey, it wasn't me mr., take the girl but leave me out of it... "

Is it not time that enough is enough? These abuses have gone on for too long with too many spectators happy to stand on the sidelines. Do something before it's too late - if I were in view of that girl I would have taken down the officer for HER PROTECTION not in attack of him... and I hope more people like myself who stand for justice, equality and fairness for ALL would be backing me up also.

Seriously how many times can you watch police brutality and idly walk on by. I'm not suggesting people ambush the police, but certainly it's time to remind them who they're supposed to "protect and serve".

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The entire government needs to be """"fired"""" but they have prepared well and we the sheeple have been living in our caccoons getting fat enjoying our trinkets.

I see clearly now why they want to take your gun rights away.... they want us all defenseless. Take the peoples food away will be next they fatten you then they will starve you.

How can we the people stop this madness now before it goes any further any suggestions.

The only thing I can see is hit them where it hurts in there greedy pockets don't go to work to make them money and don't pay your bills.... why let them take you down they don't care if you live on the street or your kids have food in there bellies.

The people need to put them in there place..... will they, I don't think so! Why? to many are still asleep! People at this time still seem to be more for self and most are followers not Leaders.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ya know... That weapon WAS used indiscriminately- Notice that when it was used, a beer truck and a car were going by. Now, I do not know about the car, but a beer truck is NOT part of the protest! The driver(s) got blasted anyways.

And as for that first video being a hoax, I checked out the CNN footage... Same effect. Seems the sonics cut thru any background noise, leaving only itself on a recording device.
What country are we in again? 'Cause this aint America.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
hahaha! Look at yourself..complaining..."only a few hundred"...only a few hundred went out an demonstrated? This is why your country is #ed, because no one of you actually got the balls to stand up...you all sit here on ats and complain, but no one of you actually do anything.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Guys, ready for the worst video yet?

Welcome To Nazi Germany!

"I hereby declare this an unlawful assembly"
"Riot agents and mild munition may harm whoever is in the vicinity"

WOW

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
yea i remember the sonic weapons. i have some videos of them being used in this thread here.

it was interesting. I thought i wasn't effected my the sound waves, but last night and this morning ive heard small thumps in my ear. it kinda sucks.

But anywho, good post.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm so angry with all the videos that have been posted the last couple of days it leaves me speechless.

Beatings, sonic devices, wrongful arrests and kidnapping, tear gas, pepper spray, etc.

JFK once said that when you prohibit peaceful protest violent protest becomes inevitable.

Hopefully the variety of footage will help wake those up who still defend the establishment.

Isn't it ironic how our media and government defend the Iranian protesters because it compliments their desire to enter a war against Iran. They use the Iranian people to garner our sympathy and support to go after Iran's government. Yet, the government does this to our own citizens protesting because they do not want us interfering with their global plans.

To be honest, I don't fully agree with the causes of some of the protesters or their actions (several are anarchists and some have engaged in property destruction) but I do know the peaceful protesters have the constitutional right to be there regardless of my opinion concerning their reasons.

By some accounts, the 'police' outnumbered the protesters 3 to 1. I sometimes feel the term 'police state' is thrown around too often around here but it's fitting for this scene. We also always hear how the military would be on our side in the event of situation X but if this incident is any indication, it looks like their ego and power issues will override their desire to fight for the people.

Really this whole thing is disgusting.

[edit on 9/26/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This would have to be one of the more eye opening videos I have ever seen. Lets see this on mainstream media.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i totally agree, i was there. the violence didn't break out until the police fired first.

Just keep mentioning that, it was peaceful until THEY opened fire on them.

grrr Damn this nazi state!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We slip into the crowds and blend in to the protest march. We are the G20 and we will not be silenced by the minions. We are the ones that perpetuated the violence.

Do you think our agenda allows for the peaceful protest of the citizens of any country? The G20 is the driving force by which we will control the masses. Seattle will never happen again.

It is pointless to try and have a peaceful march because we shape the news the world sees and they see you as the trouble makers through the violence we perpetrate.

We have the control and there is nothing you can do about it. We will deploy any and all tools to meet our ends. You have no rights and there is no power of the people.

We are actually laughing at your self righteous indignation. You will continue to be herded like cattle in your daily lives until we have complete control.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Thanks for posting these!!
Line deux.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
All I can picture is hundreds of police chiefs across the nation watching these videos and drooling, 'how can we get one of these there sonic cannons for our district?'

Those videos remind me of V for Vendetta or Half-Life 2.

I guess I need to stock up on ear-protection and stop putting off building that emp cannon.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wow...that's equivalent to treating citizens trying to voice their opinions as if they are unwanted pigeons pooping on a statue.

Un-friggin-believable.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

Riot police in oakland? dude thats not from the G20 in pittsburg. Repeat that video is not from this years g20

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join