It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like America to you?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Not if you are not obstructing traffic or exceeding any noise ordinances it is not.

I guess you have no problem having 3 square miles of Pittsburgh shut down and declared off limits to the city’s populace at a direct cost to the tax payer’s of over 10,000,000.00 so 2 dozen dignitaries and their spouses can have dinner…but boy when someone stands in the middle of a street in the same town with a bullhorn that really ticks you off?

I guess you have no problem with the business that were forced to shut down and the employees forced to take the days off at a cost of several million more dollars so 2 dozen dignitaries could hold a meeting that they could have easily held at the United Nations they were just at the day before…but wow when someone breaks a window that really ticks you off?

Do you do windows too? Or just tricks on demand for the banksters and the military industrial complex?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

How so?

It is illegal to stand in the middle of the street with a bullhorn in your town is it not?

Go use their MO to protest and see what happens wherever you live. Then try it in a respectable manner and you will be allowed.

Nah . . . I can stand in the middle of the street I live on with a bullhorn.

As for incendiaries you mentioned earlier . . . Where are they in the videos?

The group looked peaceful in all I have seen and read . . . until the shock troopers arrived.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well then I challenge you to name a single place this is legal. You post the place and I'll do the research for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Not only did I do it this afternoon, I got the police to loan me the bullhorn!

That's right, I walked outside and flagged down the first passing patrol car and asked him if he had a bullhorn in the trunk.

He said, what crazy thing are you up to today Proto? I said never you mind give me the bullhorn.

After handing me the Bullhorn I walked to the middle of the street, and pressed the button and went in to a 5 minute rant about not just the G-20, not just the Cops at the G-20, not just the Banksters at the G-20, not just the Government or it's violation of the Constitution at the G-20, but about weak kneed, brainwashed Americans that have not one right to live in this country because they will not do anything to protect it's Constitution and values.

Of course the police officer made sure no one accidently hit me while standing out in the street, and smiled and said, you going to be alright now that you got that off your chest...

Probably not I said, but I will make it through another day!

I thanked him and he said any time, any time.

So there you have it.

Guess you are just a wee bit misinformed there! Where ever there is because it sure can't be America!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I see that you posted your story but failed to rise to my challenge. Incinuating that I don't deserve to live in America is par for the course on the internet.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Don't know if it was legal or illegal, but a dude in the main square downtown today, was running around w/a bull horn yelling about something (it was distorted, couldn't really understand him) walking up and down the sidewalks where everyone was sitting outside at lunch and along the shopping/ pedestrian malls and bus malls.

Given all of the mall security, transit security and city police that I saw ignore him, it didn't appear to be such a thing that they wanted to involve themselves in. The dudes trying to eat their lunch in peace were pretty ticked off though, I would have worried more about them.

Well then I challenge you to name a single place this is legal. You post the place and I'll do the research for you.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I would post all of the illegal things i have done with cops, but it would violate the TOS. Doing something and said action being legal are worlds apart. Gimme a name of a town and I will find out if its legal or not if no one wants to research themselves.

And heres one for extra credit if you do it yourself: Find out how long the law has been in place and see if it pre dates 911.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You're right, the city ordinance is there...

Q. Noise disturbance: Any sound which: a) injures or endangers the safety or health of humans; or b) annoys or disturbs a reasonable person of normal sensitivities.

Much too long to quote but it appears that title 18 ordinance was re-defined in '01 to include large rally's or groups over 250 people.

So, the ordinance is applied haphazardly and when/if the city chooses to. Great way to target groups and rally's the city doesn't want to see.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am dying to find out if it was changed post 911, I did your source say? Star for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I see that you posted your story but failed to rise to my challenge. Incinuating that I don't deserve to live in America is par for the course on the internet.

Actually you didn't respond to one question or observation I made regarding the 'official' costs and the 'official' distrubtion to Pittsburgh and attempted to deflect from those very hard hitting and relevant questions to play ordinance, ordinance who's got an ordinance.

You simply are deflecting from all logical arguments and questions put to you to pursue some petty mindless agenda advocating for abandoning the constitution and living in a police state.

Your motives are as circumspect as your arguments.

No decent American supports Police Brutallity or violating the Constitution.

That's another fact you seem incapable and undesirous to deal with.

We will try real hard to keep the noise down while restoring lawful and constitutional government to the United States, heaven forbid it interupt your beauty sleep.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Do what ? This is the way it is. Even if the people took power it will fail. The ones who run the show know what there doing. All what you see on youtube and read on forums is just entertainment, nothing more nothing less. Are you not entertained?
booho some college student have a protest and police come and handle it quickly money saved tickets written they both win. Its not about silencing the people its about profit and profit loss, everything has a price tag even the air you breathe. Stop being drama queens there's nothing you can do about, even if everyone in the world becomes little Che Guevara jr's you'll just end up dead like him, so just Get along and Move Along . baaaaaaaaaah

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am not an official, and you can research this simply with google. I explained that we had media coverage and said what I observed, and that it was quite contradictory to the picture painted by alex jones and company and loose change and company.

If you think I am living in a police state you are ignorant. I was going to type "to the point of pity", but that is not true. I don't pity lazy people.

If you would have researches what I posted they wouldn't be.

No decent American supports Police Brutallity or violating the Constitution.

And if it ever happens here ill be the first to report it.

Its not a fact that police brutality or constitutional violation took place, it is your amature opinion.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Once again I wonder where here is? Once again you deflected from the very hard hitting costs. You cite yourself to be only an amateur with no investigative ability when it suits your narrow and defeatist agenda and proclaim yourself an expert when it suits your narrow and defeatist agenda.

If you saw no abuses in the Constitution in Pittsburgh you should stop assuming your nation's constitution is similiar to the United States Constitution and grab a copy, oh and please stop pretending to be a Pittsburghian if you have ever lived in the city you surely got there from Moscow via Tel Aviv.

The abuses of power under the Color of Authority in relations to the G-20 are practically to many to even number, and I don't watch Alex Jones or Glen Beck I am too busy watching foreign agents trying to undermine our sovereignty and constitutional values.

Those so called 'lazy' protestors took their time and initiative and money to protect something you want to take advantage of to destroy in your advocacy and that's a little thing called free speech, that neither you or the Police want them to have just yourselves to advocate the non-existent virtues of a police state.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well I'll just finish this up then: These guys (the loose change video) had the chance to protest peacefully and did not accept that for whatever reason. The other video was of the aftermath of a rampage. If you feel that the response was improper maybe you should research the actual footage of similar incidents in communist countries and note the many differences. I can't make you open your eyes, only you can. Either way you're not going to, you're going to slander me again without doing research with some intellectual honesty. And when it's all said and done, I'll be gone and you'll still be in the minority and in no position to change anything. Have a nice thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I do not use "it's not as bad as" standards so therefore it's alright.

I use "Constitutional Standards" I have researched the videos and I am familiar with "Constitutional Standards" and reject the "It's not as bad as" standards or "Someone else did something as bad or similar" standards used by fools to qualify giving up Constitutional rights wholesale and with out a fight.

You simply see the constitution and the freedoms it affords as a threat to your brainwashed world of complaince.

You aren't interested in defending the Constitution you are interested in desperately trying to find reasons not to defend the Constitution.

Those videos represent a clear unconstitutional abuse of authority and power.

It is impossible not to see that unless you just don't have the courage to face the responsibility of having to do something to remedy it, or you are advocating for an end to Constitutional rights and privelages and frankly based on your posts, you advocating for an end to Constitutional Rights and Privelages.

You aren't that good at it either by the way.

Good luck getting Americans to agree with you comrade!

You have a nice day now.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I use "Constitutional Standards" I have researched the videos and I am familiar with "Constitutional Standards" and reject the "It's not as bad as" standards or "Someone else did something as bad or similar" standards used by fools to qualify giving up Constitutional rights wholesale and with out a fight.

Oh, so you researched the video and you saw the protesters destroying Oakland business fronts and you think that is protected under the constitution? That shows your understanding of constitutional law right there. There is no "as bas as" scenario here, destroying property that does not belong to you is not covered under any part of the constitution.

You simply see the constitution and the freedoms it affords as a threat to your brainwashed world of complaince.

As I said destroying property is not protected under the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The loose change guys certainly had the right and means to protest, and chose not to utilize them. There was no law in place preventing them from peacefully protesting. There were thousands of protesters and they chose not to join them.

Those videos represent a clear unconstitutional abuse of authority and power.
It is impossible not to see that unless you just don't have the courage to face the responsibility of having to do something to remedy it, or you are advocating for an end to Constitutional rights and privelages and frankly based on your posts, you advocating for an end to Constitutional Rights and Privelages.

You are unable to illustrate what constitutional rights and privilege were in question. It is clearly not the first amendment as they had the means to assemble and speak.

Good luck getting Americans to agree with you comrade!

You sir are the one in need of luck, the great majority already agrees with me.

You aren't interested in defending the Constitution you are interested in desperately trying to find reasons not to defend the Constitution.... Good luck getting Americans to agree with you comrade!

I consider that a personal attack. You have the right to say that while in a public place. You don't have the right to say that while throwing a rock or standing in the street without a permit. Go ahead and find a single lawyer or law enforcement agent who disagrees with that.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You have to remind yourself - they are dealing with peaceful pretests and gawking students.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Lol. Some of them were. However, some of them were destroying property.

Now you tell me, in your town, if there is a large group of people and some of them are destroying property, what would the response be?

I asked that it be researched, but no one was interested...

One of the suspects -- David Japenga -- is accused by police of causing about $15,000 in property damage during the global economic summit. His arrest was caught on cell phone video and posted on YouTube. A judge ordered him to stand trial at a later date.

Do $15,000 worth of damage in YOUR town and see what the police do.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by jprophet420]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am sorry to admit, but this is not just very American, but also VERY TPTB.. The climate convention in Europe some years ago, brought out the nasties from all police forces to stop protesters in any way they can. Preferably in violent ways(which they did)It's just the way it is when the elite feels threatened by the "poupulous". It has been like that for centuries and is most certainly not gonna change. Do not harbour the illusion of a fair governmental system for the people, by the people.
I can still remember the disgustingly violent ways the police jackbooted Vietnam protesters(REAL combat veterans among the protesters), and going back in history: remember how bloody violent The Police acted against anti-segregation protests in the 50's and 60's? Make no mistake: The Police is most certainly NOT "Your Friend", but a dumb tool for the elite.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Stalin was quoted as saying the following (and sadly it's looking as if he's right):

"Communism will over take the United States and not one shot (war) will be fired."

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join