It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France, Britain, U.S. bust Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Disregard if already started, MOD's

Apparently, Iran isn't all about peace. A second facility has been discovered.

PITTSBURGH (AP) - President Barack Obama and the leaders of Britain and France are publicly demanding that Iran open up a secret nuclear fuel facility to international inspectors.

www.ksl.com...

More as story develops. . .

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

PITTSBURGH (AP) _ President Barack Obama and the leaders of Britain and France are publicly demanding that Iran open up a secret nuclear fuel facility to international inspectors.

Led by Obama at the site of the G-20 summit in Pittsburgh, French President Nicolas Sarkozy (sahr-koh-ZEE') and British Prime Minister Gordon Brown joined the United States Friday in chastising Tehran for operating the facility covertly.

Obama said the site "deepens a growing concern" that Iran has failed to live up to its international obligations. He said that Iran "is breaking rules that all nations must follow, endangering the world non-nuclear proliferation regime ... and the security of the world."

more from
www.ksl.com...

I really wonder what led up to this. Just speculating, any ideas anyone?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is no way Iran would ever do something like this, hide a nuclear facility and not follow the NNPT they signed, they are a peaceful people.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
France is wanting to impose sanctions, but U.S. is not. Everyone is waiting to hear what Russia is going to say.

Israel, may not wait. According to FOX, . . . . what?

Israel may not wait for sanctions.

Will try to find more. . . .

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Those War drums are getting louder and louder!
Im thinking DejaVu

S&f

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Foxnews.com told me to click a link to watch it unfold live.

Jerks, now i'm watching the fox morning show, I don't like loathe fox like everyone else, but god the morning show makes me want to scratch my eyes out!

It's worse then E! talking about Rosie O'Donnels home life... I'd rather be locked in a box of pirahanas.

Is there any way we can watch this unfold, without me needing to scratch my eyes out...?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
...they are a peaceful people.

Correct.

When was the last time Iran launched a war of aggression - How many hundred years ago?

*Now how many dozen countries have we attacked in just the last 100 years?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Net surfing trying to find an official response from Israel.

Are you kidding me about Fox? They've got the hottest babes on tv.

Just turn down the volume and pretend you're watching "Baywatch".

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

They've got like 2 chicks on there that are hot, and then the rest are all really awkward looking women, and all the dudes on there, look like creepy pedophiles. Especially that one guy in the morning show... he just creeps me out watching.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Funding/supplying Hamas & Hezbollah doesnt count?

Does the war against its own people count?

According to at least three sources Israel provided important clandestine support to the Islamic Republic of Iran during the Iran–Iraq War. Officials of the Islamic Republic have strongly denied they received help from Israel.

According to Ronen Bergman[1], Israel sold Iran US$75 million worth of arms from stocks of Israel Military Industries, Israel Aircraft Industries and Israel Defense Force stockpiles, in their Operation Seashell in 1981. Materiel included
150 M-40 antitank guns with 24,000 shells for each gun
Spare parts for tank and aircraft engines
106 mm, 130 mm, 203 mm and 175 mm shells
TOW missiles

Bet they regret that eh?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by habfan1968
...they are a peaceful people.

Correct.

When was the last time Iran launched a war of aggression - How many hundred years ago?

*Now how many dozen countries have we attacked in just the last 100 years?

yeah but the US would never use nukes on people would they?...oh hold on a minute

[edit on 25-9-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I watched the briefing and these guys looked dead serious and gave two deadlines... One for October first and another for December... I really hope this doesn't escalate and stays diplomatic. I hope that Iran acts on this and stands down for the sake of their people...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Iran notified the IAEA of this facility on Monday of this week.

They openly and freely announced to the relevant regulatory body that a facility is under construction. The IAEA than notified France, Britain and the USA.

How exactly does this chain of events amount to being "outed"? They offered the information.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've got alot of reading to catch up on, but what happened to "let them develop free nice easy nuke power?"

Why the big change?

Does it have something to do with the G20?

When did they find out about this? Some have speculated that they knew on monday, but if so, why not state something at the feable U.N.?

Why wait for the G20 summit?

Who is calling the shots here?

Still waiting on Russia's and Israel's response.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Iran notified the IAEA of this facility on Monday of this week.

They openly and freely announced to the relevant regulatory body that a facility is under construction. The IAEA than notified France, Britain and the USA.

How exactly does this chain of events amount to being "outed"? They offered the information.

My question exactly. What changed with the information? If they knew on monday, then what could have happened at the G20 to make those three leaders pivot on Iran?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

hehe...your right mike, they do have some killer babes, i click them on every now and then, just to see how high their skirts are that day. aaahhh...the small joys of network news.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Are you forgeting the IRAN funds HAMAS and HEZBOLLAH? They have attacked ISREAL and have KILLED AMERICAN CITIZENS.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

2nd plant for more nuclear power which is not against the NPT an international treaty that Iran has signed along with other counties, except for Israel.

How is this not being about peace???

[edit on 25-9-2009 by mkross1983]

link   
they spinning it.

it seems they really want to start war there

[sarcasm on] where are terrorists when you need em (g20)[sarcasm off]

im most afraid of israel attacking iran and hitting something bad :/ (aka "israel mistake" by webbot)
lets wait and see its not like we have any voice in all of this.

link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I caught the story a few hours ago - it seemed like the IAEA issued their statement today, and the leaders were either informed today or given the go ahead to make a statement about it today. I assume there's protocol with things like this.

From what I've read so far - it's a building under construction. The IAEA has been notified at pretty much the proper stage of the timeline to allow for inspection scedules to be arranged and so on. The most paranoid soundbite I found earlier was in a yahoo news piece - they said that it was still "several months" from producing anything. That tells me we're a year out, more or less.

An odd angle that I just came across:

www.washingtonpost.com...

The "Government in Exile" - the MEK came out with fresh accusations of two "secret labs" on Thursday of this week - and the allegation that the government is working on detonators.

I smell another coup attempt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join