It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France, Britain, U.S. bust Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Great, all we need now is for France, Britain and U.S. to bust Dimona in Israel.
Iran should refuse access until Israel complies with UN requests to inspect it's own very real nuclear stockpile.
It seems to me that the UN is suffering from Cognitive Dissonance or some strange multiple personality complex.
Everything is normal until Israel gets sanctimonious.
And why does my elected leader, paid with my taxes, get up and leave when a tiny nation called Israel clicks it's fingers?
I know i am probably veering off topic, but the whole stinking hypocracy really burns my ass!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I do as well. *gods* if I live to be 100 I don't think I'll ever understand politicians. Russia is quiet, Israel is quiet, sounds much like the drum beats before the war against Iraq.

I'd like this to end quietly, with Iran stating that it will invite all inspectors to their sites and everyone can be happy and nice again.

I'd also like to buy a bridge in Brooklyn.

Don't see either happening.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Exuberant1

Are you forgeting the IRAN funds HAMAS and HEZBOLLAH? They have attacked ISREAL and have KILLED AMERICAN CITIZENS.

And we fund Israel and their government...

and Hamas is a democratically elected government.

*Israel is a meat grinder compared to Hezbollah or anyone else in the region besides us. When it comes to killing innocents, Hezbollah has nothing on Israel (who we fund).

Have you read the Goldstone report?

Iran is a peaceful country compared to the US and Israel.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Friday she was very worried about Iran's construction of a second uranium enrichment plant and that France, Britain and the United States shared her concern.

www.ynetnews.com...

Looks like Germany is getting on board.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

J'lem source: Iran deceiving the world

www.ynetnews.com...

Headline in Israel.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
FOX NEWS speculating possible attack routes to Iran facilities.

Looks like a balloon may be going up.

Fear-mongering by the media?

Fear-mongering by . . . me?

Should we just end this thread and not let the mass speculation and panic about another war fuel the crisis already existing?

I'll report, you decide. . . .

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When Gordon Brown just gave his press conference he was asked if Military strikes were out of the question and his reply was anything is possible and we are ruling nothing out!
So in a nutshell i would say if Iran doesn't do as the west want by December TSHTF!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Here'S the $100,000 question:

How many centrifuges, working round the clock, would be required to produce enough weapons-grade enriched uranium to make a bomb, and in what time frame?

Can we get an expert answer on that one, once and for all?

At the moment, Iran might have as many as 3,000 operational gas centrifuges. They calim 3,000 - but most estimates seem to call that high, it's probably 2,000.

*Bonus Question*

Given that it's taken them the better part of a decade to get to this point (max 3,000 online), and they're averaging around 2% purity, how many years will it take them to (a) get the new plant operational, (b) hit their goal of 54,000 centrifuges, and (c) manage to get those centrifuges enriching to the 90% range needed for weapons grade enrichment?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
4 days left

9-29-2009

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

What's in 4 days?

Honest question. . . .

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Iran is a party to the NPT, but was found in non-compliance with its NPT safeguards agreement and the status of its nuclear program remains in dispute. In November 2003 IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei reported that Iran had repeatedly and over an extended period failed to meet its safeguards obligations, including by failing to declare its uranium enrichment program.[14] After about two years of EU3-led diplomatic efforts and Iran temporarily suspending its enrichment program,[50] the IAEA Board of Governors, acting under Article XII.C of the IAEA Statute, found in a rare non-consensus decision with 12 abstentions that these failures constituted non-compliance with the IAEA safeguards agreement.[15] This was reported to the UN Security Council in 2006,[51] after which the Security Council passed a resolution demanding that Iran suspend its enrichment.[52] Instead, Iran resumed its enrichment program.[53]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just to clarify some questions......

- Apparently the UK, Israel and USA have known about this site for months, if not years. There was going to be announcement today by Obama to the rest of the international community about this, and Iran realised they had been rumbled. They therefore pre-empted Obama's announcement with one of their own to make themselves look better and give an appearance of at least some co-operation;

- The size of the reactor is apparently too small for fuel purposes, leading to a suspicion of military intentions ;

- The site of the reactor is also suspicious - it is located on a former Republican Guard military site.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Israel is stating that if sanctions don't work, military options are on the table.

Israel will not live with a nuclear Iran- from Israels ambassidor

AMB Dan Gillerman

"we must not, the world must not, stand for this"

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Please, it seems you have made your mind up and it doesnt matter what anyone says... Irans current goverment is evil if they develop Nuclear weapons its game time in the middle east. Isreal has had nukes for years and yet not once did they use them. Iran use HAMAS and HEZBOLLAH to instill fear, and dont be surpirsed if you hear about a nuke detonation going off in TEL AVIV due to HAMAS smuggling one in. What will you see then? Good for HAMAS?

Yes America has done some pretty crappy stuff, but our bad stuff doesnt even come close to our good.... HAMAS has done nothing good but keep its nation divided they refuse to talk with ISreal.... If they both cxan get to the table and begin to atleast talk thats progress. But Hamas will not because there puppet masters in IRAN choose for them not to.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad: Obama Will 'Regret' Accusing Iran of Hiding Nuclear Plant

full article here.
www.foxnews.com...

Like 'em, hate 'em, it's going to be interesting these next few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join