It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Iran not a threat, but an 'opportunity' for Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah,Iran is an opportunity for the President but not in the way Ahmadinejad would like to think.This is an opportunity for Obama to show the hawks he's willing to get "tough on terrorism." and seize Iran's oil and ports.

[edit on 033030p://3526 by mike dangerously]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by noangels
reply to post by mikerussellus

He is the one supporting Palestine, who is doing it's damnest to take land away from Israel. Ain't no lies here.
[edit on 23-9-2009 by gallopinghordes]

bwahahahaha !! That's hilarious.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well originally you asked for differences between McCain and Ahmadinejad. The difference is that McCain hasn't become president, and Ahmadi has.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I must admit I'm almost speechless after having read this.
You firmly bought into the right-wing view of that's happening in the ME. On a simpler subject, what do you think about Israel's settlements?

What exactly is the Israeli agenda you are referring to then?

From what I know, Israel provided electricity to Gaza. The UN fail to prevent Hezbollah from arming. Gazans smuggle weapons but can't be bothered to smuggle food. Doesn't really sound like Israel is the one causing the havoc.

I do disagree with further Israeli settlements, not because I feel the land is palestinian, or israeli land, but because somebody has to compromise in order for peace to ever work.

I know Israel have arrested (or you could use the word abducted) palestinians. But that doesn't make the palestinians all innocent, it's ironic that the numpty throwing rocks the day before felt tough then. Even if the recent UN report condemning Israel, it still condemns palestinians. So at best you can argue both are as bad as each other, but it's questionable who is to blame for starting the conflicts.

Israeli agenda is no worse than palestinian agenda. And I'm being fair to even go that far, as we all know each rocket that gets fired into Israel has to potential to kill several people, and count the rockets fired into Israel - equals many thousands. The intent to kill is there, it's not Israel's fault that groups like Hamas and Hezbollah are incompotent with sub-standard weapons, that they hide under mosques and houses full of women and children. If a ship full of women and children attacked New York with rockets that killed even 1 person, do you think that ship wouldn't get blasted to hell!?

I'm not buying into anyone's else's ideas, this is my own conclusion based on the evidence and facts that are available. Not on islamic propaganda, or conspiracies. Even iranian's don't buy into that crap anymore, and when the regime last friday tried to start chants of "death to israel", the people shouted back "death to Russia, death to the dictator etc". Obviously they are upset with the soviet style coup d'etat tactics that were used to steal the election.

The Iranian regime has been messing about with palestinians and lebanon so much, that some people blame Israel for the stupid conflicts this has brought about. When Israel pulls out, the suicide bombers and men with rockets move in to store them in their families houses and mosques. This has happened in Lebanon, possibly with chemical or bio rockets! Israel are damned if they do and damned if they don't in some people's minds.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hahahaa....

Egypt, Syria, Palestine etc all eating at Israel's borders ? What planet are you from? Israel is the one annexing more and more land, not the other way around... Look at the Golan Heights, the Israeli settlements in gaza or the West Bank then come back and try to claim that the Arabs are "eating away their borders"...

What crock...

[edit on 23/9/09 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would say that if any nation should feel threatened, then surely that nation would be Iran.
Surrounded by forces on all sides, threatened with sanctions (which by the way is collective punishment), and denied a true airing in western media.
What we need is translation software, a way to bypass propaganda mediums which distort meanings and context to match agendas.
Attendee's should be required to listen to all speech's wether they like it or not.
I don't pay taxes for politicians to walk away from tables.
Israel oh Israel, or should i say Zion and Greater Israel.
How is it that when this tiny nation decides to be pretentious and sanctimonious, half the attendee's find unity and follow suit?
The whole history of the UN is hypocritical and Deceitful.
The same UN that Israel chooses to ignore regarding its own nuclear weapons program.
If a discussion about nuclear proliferation is to be taken seriously then Israel must put its cards on the table, and not walk away like a spoilt child.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Yeah,Iran is an opportunity for the President but not in the way Ahmadinejad would like to think.This is an opportunity for Obama to show the hawks he's willing to get "tough on terrorism." and seize Iran's oil and ports.

[edit on 033030p://3526 by mike dangerously]

Like the US seized Iraqi oil that is now under the ownership of the Iraqi's, who sold large oil contracts to China for a start!
This accusation of war for oil has been proven to be completely false, but there's a crowd of believers that persist with this idea a lot of the time.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join