It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Iran not a threat, but an 'opportunity' for Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
www.historyplace.com...

Anywhere between 5.9 to 17 million dead, jews, gentiles, any other group that the nazi's didn't like.

To argue this point is baseless.

To defend someone who denies the death and the horror, criminal.

Just my humble little pagan opinion. . .

I think we have our disagreements, but on this we completely concur.

To refute the numbers of those killed in the holocaust is asinine

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3af654daf5e79b02.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I haven't posted in a second so I'm gunna post now....

Mike Russelus, Get your Facts Strait.

Ameheinejahd didn't deny the holocaust he just said the figure aren't right in which he would be correct. Back in WWll when the americans, my great grandfather invaded red cross came along. They went to the concentration camps and said there was no indication of gas chambers or Crematorys. In the red cross records it says yes some people got sick at the work camps and died but it wasn't a mass slaughter. Back in 1943 there were 13 million jews across europe. You're telling me that half a race was wiped out.... pssshhhh nah propaganda. I live in dallas and its population is roughly around 7 million I couldn't see the US army taking out 90% of Dallas Tx. If you're not Jewish then you have to realize Jewish people will lie to fit they're agenda. They use the holocaust as a crutch to get to the top like they do in every society and eventually they over play they're hand.... and people get tired. And this is what your seeing... tell me why is it that even more that black people Jews are the most Despised "Race" in the world. And yes its a race because you inherit it from your mother. Ya can't inherit christianity or islam. And why because someone immediatly questions the actuall facts about the holocaust that they are a denier? An anti-Semite? Jew hater?

Why were jews cast out from egypt, russia, europe, asia, and very soon if they keep it up the americas?

Because they're pushing they're Zionist Agenda on the rest of the world. That's why.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sargon of Akkad
mikerussellus, did someone just blaspheme? Is he claiming the sky is purple? Is he suggesting that the Earth is flat?

Nope. He's using the holocaust for his own little agenda. If he can weaken the history that the jews suffered at the hands of the nazi's then all the more strength for him.

No, of course not. I personally don't believe as many Jews died in the Holocaust as the Jews would claim, I think they have coopted the tragic event for their own ends. Doubtless, many people died, but they weren't all Jews.

Look at the link I posted above. It's many more than just jews. But that should tell you something right there. He IS just targeting the jews. Why assume some figures are correct and others not, based soley on a religious "profile".

That you will instantly assume that this is set in stone is plain silly, that a nation is currently using as an excuse to besiege another nation - this in itself implies that there is a good deal about it that is a lie, because nobody in their right minds would be able to justify genocide by genocide.

What other nation is Israel besieging? The palistinians? They weren't named until Sept 28, 1995.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas87

*sigh* Fine, for the sake of argument lets say that only 4 million died at the hands of the nazi's. Or three. Or two. How is that number acceptable?

Stalin once said, "Kill one man, and it's murder. Kill 1 million, and it's a statistic."

It's like the old joke about the prostitute and the john. He asked for a roll for 5 bucks. She states, "What kind of woman do you think I am?"
He replies, "We already know what kind, now we're arguing price."

You and everyone else KNOW the holocaust existed. But we all get trapped by THE NUMBER!?!?

So it's ok if the numbers are off. Achmadimanutjob can spout anything he wants because of a difference in NUMBERS?

C'mon.

Deny Ignorance, indeed!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well said. We may differ in opinion on much, but on this? Because of a dispute in the NUMBER of deaths?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Who gives a Damn about Iran and Israel? If they want to blow each other up let them, at least I wouldn't have to hear these stupid and pointless arguments anymore.

The only way to solve all the problems in the Middle East is for Israel to use it's nukes on all of it's neighbors, effectively destroying all of it's enemies. Then when thats all over, everyone with nukes should drop one on Israel.

Problem solved..............

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think under joseph stalin, A jew like 3 million christians died at his hands during the war. Is that acceptable?

Nah it isn't.

But christians don't run around almost a hundred yrs later going "The christian Holocaust!! The Christian Holocaust!!"

It was a 70 yrs ago and it was bad and evil

But honestly who gives a $hit now, its 2009 I'm tired of hearing about the holocaust from 1943 hitlers dead. Israel and palestine are the problems now days...

America is trapped in this middle east conflict because of our Ties with Israel.

One day we might cut those ties and then what?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I have'nt read the whole thread but here's something for you to ponder upon -
The attack/war against Iran isn't to fight against terrorist but to over throw the leadership in Iran so as to establish the Shah's son in power so that America can get oil sold in dollars and maybe a cheap deal as well as control over the Persian oil. In other words this war is nothing but to feed a few greedy oligarchies at the expense of a lot of lives.
Rite as of now Iran is not a threat and has no Nuclear WEAPONS but with the Shah back in power I am sure he will be able to obtain nukes from the BIG guy US himself, then we will be able to find out what real threat is all about.
Just for feeding the trolls - I hope China interferes in the case US choses this insane path

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

That may be the case. I certainly have to issue with the greedy powers that be on that issue. It's the reasoning that disgusts me. It's the excuse that Israel may be disingenous that sticks in my craw.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Some say Ahmadinejad doesn't care just like a suicide bomber doesn't. This is silly the M.O. of suicide bomber is that they are disenfranchised and have nothing to lose so they kill themselves to either make sure their family is taken care or or they just simply have nothing else to live for.

Maybe not the same mentality as a suicide bomber, but when this regime becomes more desperate they will become more unpredictable. Already signs indicate they are struggling to maintain order, and they are # scared of any public event involving green ribbons, flags at football matches, university campuses etc.

Ahmadinejad is the president of a country he gets women or men whatever his preference he lives in luxury he probably watches American tv. He lives like a king. Ahmadinejad will never throw that away.

Ahmadi doesn't have any real power, he's just a puppet of Khamenei and Khamenei's son. Ahmadi will be the first to be taken down by the opposition movement. His apparent life of luxury, whether that actually exists or not, will not last long, and he is sh*tting it. Iranian's shouted for him to resign during his televised speech last Friday, which led to the transmission being cut off. There's no chance in hell that a government that cannot govern because they spend all of their time trying to cover up the opposition movement, and arrests it's own people for protesting, can ever survive and stay in power.

The real issues are not Israel and nukes, it's Iranian dissent that are causing the downfall of this regime. Ahmadi will keep talking the BS to distract and prevent foreign media reporting on their internal issues.

This is why I think this regime would love Israel to bomb them, as it will be their last chance to gain some form of legitimacy in the eyes of their own people. If they could convince Israel to bomb them, in their deluded minds this would work. Of course this would have never been their original intention, and would be a last ditch attempt to quell any opposition inside Iran and win the people back over to their side. I highly doubt this would work for them though, it would only quicken their demise.

And of yeah, everyone watches American TV programmes, so I bet even the supreme leader Khamenei, and N.Korea's Kim Jong Il will do.
It's ironic how they're all hypocrites at the same time.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Enough of the pointless insults. Discuss the topic and remain civil with each other.

Thank you

gallopinghordes
forum mod

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Honestly how was John McCain any different from Ahmedinejad?

"Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran"

Imagine if Ahmedinejad sang "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb America" on TV in Farsi? Everyone would be outraged and they would be using the clip for years to come.

My point is that sometimes people are overly critical of others when really it just makes them look like hypocrites.

Either way, I'm happy to see Iran's regime starting to fall because of the people demanding more rights.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

Imagine if Ahmedinejad sang "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb America" on TV in Farsi? Everyone would be outraged and they would be using the clip for years to come.

Nah the regime just burns US flags instead. I believe this occurred before McCain was talking of bombing Iran. McCain wasn't really saying it like that, it was Obama twisting the words to "bomb bomb bomb Iran". I did watch te presidential candidate debates.

My point is that sometimes people are overly critical of others when really it just makes them look like hypocrites.

Well, it's too simplistic to assume that some of us are only looking at the odd speech from either end of the spectrum to make our analysis.

Of course what I've said is based on more than mere speechs, but if you wish to hear criticism of the "other side" then here you are: McCain would have continued the Bush policies of not talking to Iran, and whilst not looking as weak as Obama on foreign policies, the rest of the world would not have (or soon) made the realisation that talking to Ahmadi is about as worthwhile as talking to a lamp post. And since McCain would have likely followed the Cheney policy, the US would have probably had more wars to deal with by now. Only time will tell whether appeasement is better or worse in the long-run. I'm glad Cheney didn't get his way with Iran.

Criticism of Israel: the daft twits should stop building settlements now, and get the peace process moving forwards not backwards.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Your theory is completely out of whack. In a situation that Iran bombs Israel which wont happen by the way, the US and allies are more than capable of wiping them off the map. They know it and are not stupid to do such things. Even if Iran does end up having nukes, Israel still will be leader of middle East considering who is supporting them.

Mr.A is just bringing the topic of the holocaust just to show that he can do the same if Israel is gonna be using the holocaust as an excuse to carry out their 'Agenda'. Hes trying to use their own excuses against them.

All the people who committed the holocaust are dead so justice has been served. For every soldier of the allies killed 200 German civilians were killed, hows about talking about their pain for a change??? Throughout history one or more groups of people belonging to any one or more of the ethnicity/religion/race have been killed for one or more reasons we don't see anyone make a big deal of it except Israel. Israel needs to grow up.

Any attack on their soil, Iran has a rite to retaliate. So in a situation that Israel takes down Iran's nuclear facilities dont expect the Iranians to just stand by waving at them! And we know where that could lead...War was never good, never is good and never shall be good. Now I am not supporting those mad a$$ mullahs but maybe we need to wait for the regime to break down on its own. Their government is not an excuse for us to bomb 'em to the stone age...

Any attack on Iran by the US is gonna further damage the image/foreign policy of America which was already tarnished when it went to war against Iraq under false pretexts. With the economy already in trash we dont want the war to lead us to further depression.

And finally Big O is better off kissing up to MR.A as they control the vast reserves of persian oil which America desperately needs rather than flinging poo at them.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
McCain wasn't really saying it like that, it was Obama twisting the words to "bomb bomb bomb Iran". I did watch te presidential candidate debates.

He didn't say it in the debates, it was a different meeting. Nobody twisted his words. Lighten up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

In a situation that Iran bombs Israel which wont happen by the way, the US and allies are more than capable of wiping them off the map. They know it and are not stupid to do such things. Even if Iran does end up having nukes, Israel still will be leader of middle East considering who is supporting them.

I was referring more to Iran using Hezbollah as a proxy to engage Israel, possibly with chemical or bio rockets. Of course Iran won't be a nuclear threat for a good number of years providing Israel don't take out their reactors.

You simply don't understand how a desperate and finished regime may wish to go out with a bang, and provoke Israel into an attack as a last ditch attempt to win over the majority of Iranian's who no longer support them. I wouldn't put it past them using nuclear warheads, as you have to understand the nature of this regime, but they are unlikely to ever achieve that capability in time for them to survive the Iranian dissent.

Mr.A is just bringing the topic of the holocaust just to show that he can do the same if Israel is gonna be using the holocaust as an excuse to carry out their 'Agenda'. Hes trying to use their own excuses against them.

Well it's hardly working so far is it. Unless their aims are to provoke Israel into an attack, as I just described may be their final objective. More likely Ahmadi is talking his garbage to cover up and distract attention away from internal issues.

I'm also aware of what may happen if this situation severely escalates. But ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.

The main issues at the forefront aren't really nuclear at the moment, as I'm sure Iran has enough chemical and bio weapons in stock. The internal issues will finish them off first before they attain nuclear capabilities, and Israel needs to play it cool and not get drawn into any direct conflicts if possible.

If israel are carrying out an agenda against Palestinians, Lebanese etc then they aren't trying very hard. I wonder why Iran has armed Hezbollah with chemical rockets?!

I cannot blame Israel, as a small nation, for not wanting psychopaths like Khamenei to have control of nuclear weapons. People like Khamenei are religious extremists, their track record is very clear.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

McCain wasn't really saying it like that, it was Obama twisting the words to "bomb bomb bomb Iran". I did watch te presidential candidate debates.

He didn't say it in the debates, it was a different meeting. Nobody twisted his words. Lighten up.

www.youtube.com...

It's hardly the same as Cheney saying he wanted to bomb Iran in 2008, but Bush wouldn't let him. Anyway since McCain ain't in power it's all hypothetical what he would have done.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

If israel are carrying out an agenda against Palestinians, Lebanese etc then they aren't trying very hard.

I must admit I'm almost speechless after having read this.
You firmly bought into the right-wing view of that's happening in the ME. On a simpler subject, what do you think about Israel's settlements?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's hardly the same as Cheney saying he wanted to bomb Iran in 2008, but Bush wouldn't let him. Anyway since McCain ain't in power it's all hypothetical what he would have done.

Please don't try to play it down. There was a fair chance he could have been elected, and people around the world are paying attention to what US leaders say, and McCain was and still is one of the leaders, even though not in presidential capacity. What would you say about Russia, if the runner up during the campaign would sing "bomb, bomb, bomb D.C."? It's actually not that wild stretch of imagination.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why do they even let him speak anymore? Everything he says is just so stupid. Obamas probably laughing at him right now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join