It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Military Plane Crashes as Ahmadinejad Speaks About Military Strength

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

This article first appeared in Aerospace Daily & Defense Report.

The U.S. Army is finding that the cost of aviation accidents can really add up, having incurred about $4.08 billion in accident costs as a result of 387,000 accidents since the early 1970s, according to an Aerospace Daily analysis of Army-provided service aviation data.

To put that in perspective, that's more money than the Army budgeted to buy or rebuild 22 CH-47 Chinooks in fiscal years 2008-09 and to procure 63 UH-60 Black Hawks in the coming fiscal year.

Those accident-cost figures are not adjusted for inflation, so the cost in current-year dollars would actually be much higher.

The analysis shows, in general, that the overall cost of aviation accidents has increased in later years as the service started to deploy more complex and expensive airframes and equipment.

The Army and other services have been focusing more on safety to cut down on aviation accidents, especially its most serious, or Class A, incidents. Class B and C accidents are less costly.

As of June 15, the Army reports a total of 126 Class A-C aviation accidents in fiscal year 2008 (See charts pp. 6-7). There are 65 flight accidents resulting in an overall rate of 8.62 accidents per 100,000 hours flown within the Army flying hour program. That's a 10 percent drop compared to the 3-year average of the same periods. There are currently 8 Class A aviation flight accidents for the fiscal year so far, resulting in a Class A rate of 1.061, which is 45.1 percent below the rate of 1.931 recorded at the same period last fiscal year.

Class A

US ARMY AVIATION ACCIDENTS

Hey not bad only 387,000 accidents since 1970!

Way to go!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Put any type of spin on it that you like. I will honor your request and post it once more for you. The third time is the charm.

They were laughing at the irony.

Here I will say it again real slow.

They

Were

Laughing

At

The

Irony.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
JD... no matter how many times you tell them that the pen is blue, they will still argue with you that its not. Theres no point.

You know what sickens me even worse, is the fact that they think that they are the only ones who feel bad for the loss of life that occured, as if they are the only ones with hearts. Get that s*** out of here.

The PURPOSE of this thread was to show the IRONY in this mans words and the mishap that happened. People have to turn it into a "You Dont Care You Are Evil" thread. Give me a break.

Part of me thinks this has something to do with the "Iran Aint All That Bad" crowd.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

When you are paying 25.00 per gallon for 5 gallons of gasoline limit maximum that you had to wait in line for 4 hours for when they Persian Gulf gets shut off at the narrow straight of Hormuz in an Iranian conflict that serves no purpose...

You might want to switch to the Iran ain't that bad crowd too, when you are figuring out how to keep your job and pay your bills with the world economy collapsing because of an oil crisis like you have likely never seen or imagined.

You go John Wayne you go!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

You are right, I should know better by now.

I thought it was common sense that this thread was about irony. I expected proto whatever his name is to chirp in with his Iran love, but expected a supermod to be able to understand what the thread was about.

Oh well, I still find it humerous, kind of like a marksmen expert who shoots himself in the foot during a demonstration.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Im sorry, I dont play into all that hype, you can keep it.
I dont belong to the Isreal , nor the Iran crowd.
I think both sides are a bunch of brainwashed zombies.

Iranian people= Good in my book
Isreali people= good inmy book

Iranian Govt.= Can Rot in Hell.
Isreali Govt= Can follow suit.

But by all means, go ahead and play the game, afterall, people who play that game are what they call a "Useful Idiots". And no Im not name calling, just stating it how it is.

So you know what you can do with that attitude of yours =)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Yeah I hear you Pilgrim no use to crowd up the thread with facts when you can laugh at tragic accidental deaths and wish for a needless war to cause the World Economy to collapse!

You fell into the same trap you think I am in when you stopped by on to the thread.

You think the thread was posted for a macabre laugh at the expense of other peopel's lives?

I wish I could be so cool!

Guess I will just have to suffer through life with my dunce cap on!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You are part of the reason why this site is going to hell.

When you have something of substance to add to this besides calling people out for replying to the thread at hand(You know the one you obviously forgot about during your little rants) then we can continue.

If you want to make a thread mourning these people, be free. I will make sure I stop by to add some kind words. If not, STFU. All you are doing is baiting people , trying to make them feel bad for understanding the irony of it all.

Oh and for those that say "if it happened in America you would be singing a different tune", I beg to differ. I would laugh my ass off still at the irony. not the people.

So keep it up with your sarcastic fingers, keyboard killa. you should enjoy life a little more, get off ATS once in a while
Im done with you. Have a nice day kid, watch out for those airplanes.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Kinda funny aint it? I mean we laugh at this but who got the bigger laugh several years ago?

September 11, 2001 the United States of America had the most advanced defense system on the planet, yet a few guys with box cutters managed to bring down the towers.

Ya...the world laughed at us.

well at least the U.S military doesnt hire computer geeks to use photoshop and duplicate missiles during failed missile launches like Iran.

and for the record, on sept 11th 2001 the world didnt laugh at the U.S....
We all felt sorry, for once.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

All my posts have been right on topic!

You know about the Iranian plane crash and other air show and airplane crashes.

I forgot that in today's world what's common is the lowest possible common denominator

I thought people might have enjoyed finding out about other aviation disasters.

But some just want a base laugh.

Thank you for contributing so much high quality to the thead and ATS!

[edit on 23/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I started this thread because of the ironic story line!!!! Jeez people...i guess some are too ignorant to figure that out. I mean yes the US has lost more aircraft to asscidents than Iran even has in its air force. BUT the US didnt lose them during a military parade boasting of its strength.

Thats the IRONY. For anyone who doesnt understand the word, look it up.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Old advice for you and proto:

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

Both points here are easy to understand - the irony and the tragedy (make your own thread for that if it is soooo important to you).

Why is this so important to you that you have to keep posting a "defense" of your original post? Is it really that big a deal that you have to "win" this argument? I say let it go.

[edit on 9/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Just a reminder...

Please keep the responses focused on the Actual topic of discussion... not on each other's character and/or person

Thank you.

» Breaking Alternative News » Iran Military Plane Crashes as Ahmadinejad Speaks About Military Strength

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A plane going down is one thing, but to crash during an airshow is just amateurish[and yes its friggin' hilarious]..But hey let them have some fine nucear reactors and play with that, its ok...If Israel waits long enough one of them will meltdown at some point, problem solved?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Thats what happens when you have the worlds largest air power on a war footing for the last 50 years. Get a hint would you! You know we are just laughing at the Irony of it. Kind of like GW on the air craft carrier saying were great and we won and then have a plane crash into the sea behind him.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What I think is Ironic is that Proto has tried to take the I'm neutral approach while always siding with the Iranian point of view lately.

I think this has been said and said again, the issue is that Iran likes to perceive itself as some great military power. Iraq was always the more formidable military power and the US was was able to slap their military around quite easily.

Iran has taken a position that they are setting terms with the world's real powers in their ridiculous quest to attain nuclear weapons because they know that the US, UK, and other European powers are to tied down with Iraq and Afghanistan to start yet another war right now.

The humor is for all their chest thumping, boasting and posturing, they cannot even execute a fly over at a parade.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss world affairs, not personal tragedy, and for those of you who would compare an accident to the intentional murder of 3000 Americans on 9/11, you need to get a grip. There is nothing funny about murder, however, their is certainly humor in this embarrassment for Iran.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Iran's president said it was a sign from God that the Columbian space shuttle blew up on entry since there was a Jew on board; now let’s see where God comes into this incident, because it looks like to me that maybe once he switches on his missiles they will fall back onto him. We saw the Palestinians firing 600 rockets, but they hardly killed any Jews and their own rockets landed on top of them. The Bible predicts such an ending to Persia when fire rains down on them, maybe from their own doing, sad thing is that Israel will get the blame.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Proto is one of the Better ATS contributors here. His posts are normally well thought out and heavily researched.

And more on topic I think I must be the only fellow who saw this was from Fox News and doubted the authenticity. I mean sure they quote state news...but I really REALLY don't trust fox news. Anyone got an Iranian link to the story?

I mean come on its fox news... I thought they had as much credibility as Charlie Sheen and Alex Jones.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'; ve just red that the plane that crashed was Iran's last AWACSplane [it crashed into a F5e], not only that it crashed on top or near the mausoleum of Ruhollah Khomein
ghehe, dumbasses..Must be allah's will right?
Such a Radar dish and still crashing..LOL
, there goes a lot of recon-intel for them...

www.debka.com...

www.spitsnieuws.nl...

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Keep in mind, they were accidents, not necessarily losses.

reply to post by jd140

That's maybe the 3rd time you've posted it. Maybe if you post it another 50 times something will happen.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join