It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Military Plane Crashes as Ahmadinejad Speaks About Military Strength

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Iran Military Plane Crashes as Ahmadinejad Speaks About Military Strength

www.foxnews.com

TEHRAN, Iran — President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday that Iran is stronger than ever and warned that its military will "cut the hand" of anyone who attacks. But a military parade where he spoke was marred when an air force plane crashed, killing seven people, according to state radio.

State TV showed video footage of burning wreckage from the military plane surrounded by fire trucks in farmlands south of Tehran.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
LMAO!!! What appropraite time eh? Now ive seen all these other posts about Iran shooting down a "shiny object" over there territory today. This plane that crashed during their parade wouldnt happen to be that shiny object now would it? I mean i kow their air force isnt trained nearly as well as other major powers (since they consider themselves one) but come on? Me thinks its bad juju to make boastful claims on your military parade day only to see one of your planes crash or shot down.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Kinda funny aint it? I mean we laugh at this but who got the bigger laugh several years ago?

September 11, 2001 the United States of America had the most advanced defense system on the planet, yet a few guys with box cutters managed to bring down the towers.

Ya...the world laughed at us.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gee. There went half of their airlift command.

Can't wait to see how their nuclear program goes.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to foxnews

There was not immediate word on the cause of the crash, but the Iranian military — as well its civilian airlines — have been plagued by lethal accidents. The crashes are blamed in part on U.S. sanctions that make it difficult for Iran to get spare parts, but experts have also said airlines are strapped for cash and often have poor maintenance.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Iranians shooting down something over the sea...

...Payback, or just an accident?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
LOL i think what they shot down overseas was this plane so they would have this story!! Nah no way their air force is even good enough to shoot down their own planes haha!!!

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to foxnews

There was not immediate word on the cause of the crash, but the Iranian military — as well its civilian airlines — have been plagued by lethal accidents. The crashes are blamed in part on U.S. sanctions that make it difficult for Iran to get spare parts, but experts have also said airlines are strapped for cash and often have poor maintenance.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Iranians shooting down something over the sea...

...Payback, or just an accident?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This was no accident. It was an op by "the One" who can do anything at anytime to any boastful leader. He especially despises leaders who say they can wipe out His people. Good luck with that madinthehead.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i wonder if this is related to...
Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LMAO!!! What appropraite time eh?

The loss of human life is always hilarious isn't it?

How sad that a human being, let alone 7 human beings died, and the first thing that Westerners do is laugh and use it to mock a leader they hate? I would imagine that it must have been an absolute riot when American soldiers were dragged behind trucks, bodies burning, before hanging them up on a bridge and giving the world a chance to mock Bush?

And that event on the 11th of September, 2001... 3000 people, the world should still be laughing at Bush, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
i wonder if this is related to...
Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems like more than just coincidence, no?

Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:02:58 GMT
Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has targeted and downed an unidentified shining object after sighting it over Persian Gulf waters.

"Glowing objects were sighted over the Persian Gulf. IRGC air defense targeted one of the objects successfully, forcing it to plummet and sink in the seas off Boushehr (Province)," said top regional commander, Brigadier Ali Razmjou.

"The three bright objects were detected by our radars when flying over the Persian Gulf Islands of Khark and Khargou," he added, according to a Monday report posted on IRNA.

Brig. Razmjou explained that when the radars indicated that they were not Iranian aircrafts, the IRGC fired at the three objects. He also added that the fallen objects' remains have not been found yet.

www.presstv.ir...§ionid=351020101

Few hours later we get the report in the OP?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey if thats how you feel then so be it. Im not judging you as i have no right. But yes i did LOL at the article today. Sure did.

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LMAO!!! What appropraite time eh?

The loss of human life is always hilarious isn't it?

How sad that a human being, let alone 7 human beings died, and the first thing that Westerners do is laugh and use it to mock a leader they hate? I would imagine that it must have been an absolute riot when American soldiers were dragged behind trucks, bodies burning, before hanging them up on a bridge and giving the world a chance to mock Bush?

And that event on the 11th of September, 2001... 3000 people, the world should still be laughing at Bush, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

It’s not the loss of human life that is funny, that is certainly a tragedy and our condolences should be with their families.

HOWEVER, what is funny is that all the chest thumping by the America Hating, Holocaust denying, uranium enriching lunatic Ahmedijerk and they can't even have a military parade without something going tragically wrong.

You still think that this mid-eastern superpower (sarcasm) could defend against a first world military like Israel or the US?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

If you don't think the irony of this is funny then maybe you should take a break from whatever it is that is making you so uptight.

Nobody was laughing at the plane going down. They were laughing that President Achimanidiot thumps his chest about his air power and this happens.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Nobody was laughing at the plane going down. They were laughing that President Achimanidiot thumps his chest about his air power and this happens.

Nobody was laughing at the plane going down, they were laughing at President Ahmadinejad because the planes went down.

There's nothing uptight about not finding the death of people to be funny. If it has become uptight these days, at least I know I'm the more respectful one.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

They were laughing at the irony.

Here I will say it again real slow.

They

Were

Laughing

At

The

Irony.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oh lord, stop your crying ^(niteboy)-edit to add name.(Not you JD)Da MOD above ya.

You know what, as soon as I read the article for the first time earlier, I thought to myself "Wow, sucks to be those guys who got hit by the plane"
I felt bad for those people, I really did.

But you HAVE TO SEE the irony in all of it. I was laughing my ass off just for the fact that as he was talking about supreme military power, their own military craft comes crashing down on their parade. Now that is funny!

People are not laughing at the fact that people died, get over yourself.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The Ramstein airshow disaster was one of the world's deadliest airshow disasters. It took place in front of an audience of about 300,000 people on August 28, 1988, in Ramstein, state of Rheinland-Pfalz, West Germany, near the city of Kaiserslautern at the U.S. Ramstein Air Base airshow Flugtag '88. Sixty-seven spectators and four pilots died, and 346 spectators sustained serious injuries in the resulting explosion and fire.

That must have made a lot of people laugh too?

Lets laugh some more shall we?

The deadliest aviation-related disaster of any kind, considering fatalities on both the aircraft and the ground, was the destruction of the World Trade Center in New York City on September 11, 2001 with the intentional crashing of American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175 by Alqaeda operatives. The crashes killed 2,988, most of them occupants of the World Trade Center towers or emergency personnel responding to the disaster.

The March 27, 1977, Tenerife disaster remains the accident with the highest number of airliner passenger fatalities. In this disaster, 583 people died when a KLM Boeing 747 attempted take-off and collided with a taxiing Pan Am 747 at Los Rodeos Airport. Pilot error, ATC error, communications problems, fog, and airfield congestion due to a bombing and a second bomb threat at another airport, which diverted air traffic to Los Rodeos, all contributed to this catastrophe.

The crash of Japan Airlines Flight 123 in 1985 is the single-aircraft disaster with the highest number of fatalities. In this crash, 520 died on board a Boeing 747. The aircraft suffered an explosive decompression from a failed pressure bulkhead repair, which destroyed its vertical stabilizer and severed hydraulic lines, making the 747 virtually uncontrollable.

The world's deadliest mid-air collision was the 1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision involving Saudia Flight 763 and Air Kazakhstan Flight 1907 over Haryana, India. The crash was mainly the result of the Kazakh pilot flying lower than the altitude for which his aircraft was given clearance. Three hundred and forty-nine passengers and crew died from both aircraft. The Ramesh Chandra Lahoti Commission, empowered to study the causes, also recommended the creation of "air corridors" to prevent planes from flying in opposite directions at the same altitude.

On March 3, 1974, Turkish Airlines Flight 981 McDonnell Douglas DC-10 crashed in a forest northeast of Paris, France. The destination was London but the plane crashed shortly after taking off from Orly airport. There were a total of 346 people on board; all of them perished in the crash. It was later determined that the cargo door had detached which caused an explosive decompression which in turn caused the floor just above to collapse. When the floor collapsed it severed the control cables, which left the pilots without control of the elevators, the rudder and the No. 2 engine. The plane entered a steep dive and crashed. It was the deadliest plane crash of all time until the Tenerife disaster in 1977.

On June 23, 1985, Air India Flight 182 crashed off the southwest coast of Ireland when a bomb exploded in the cargo hold. On board the Boeing 747-237B were 307 passengers and 22 crew members, all of whom were killed when the plane disintegrated. One passenger checked in as "M. Singh". He didn't board the flight but his suitcase that contained the bomb was loaded onto the plane. Mr. Singh was never identified and captured. It was later found out that Sikh extremists were behind the bombing and that it was a retaliation for the Indian government's attack on the sacred Golden Temple in the city of Amritsar, which is very important for the Sikhs. This was at the time the deadliest terrorist attack involving an airplane.

On September 1, 1983, a Soviet Sukhoi Su-15 shot down Korean Air Lines Flight 007, which was carrying 269 passengers and crew[4].

Iran Air Flight 655 was a civilian airliner shot down by US missiles on Sunday 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, including 66 children, ranking it seventh among the deadliest airliner fatalities.

Pan Am Flight 103 was a Boeing 747-121 that was destroyed by a terrorist bomb over the town of Lockerbie, Scotland on the 21st December 1988. The crash killed all 243 passengers, all 16 crew and 11 people on the ground (all of whom were residents of Sherwood Cresent, Lockerbie), making it the worst terrorist attack involving an aircraft in the UK.

On June 1, 2009, Air France Flight 447 crashed when flying through a severe storm over the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Brazil. All 228 passengers and crew were killed.

On June 30, 2009, Yemenia Flight 626 crashed in the sea while attempting to land in Moroni, Comoros. There was one survivor among the 153 people aboard.

On July 15th, 2009, Caspian Airlines Flight 7908 crashed near the village of Jannatabad after its tail caught on fire. All 153 passengers and 15 crew on board have been reported as dead.

Boy this is just better than Saturday night live huh?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You must have missed my post so I will post it again and so that I don't have to suffer your usual I'm smarter then you post I will put you back on the ignore list.

They were laughing at the irony.

Here I will say it again real slow.

They

Were

Laughing

At

The

Irony.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh you want me to post the list of U.S. Military aircraft losses?

That make you feel better?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

No, perhaps you are simply wrong.

Maybe you should repeat that a few times really slowly.

---

If it wasn't a president that was politically hated by a certain general group of people who happen to always defend anything Western (
) it wouldn't have been so funny that people died during a speech. I wonder if any of our soldiers ever died in battle while our president was somewhere else talking about how wonderful our military is? I tried looking on wikipedia, but I can't remember that holiday of laughter if it did occur.

Its pretty simple; human life is precious, finding humor in an accident tragic as a plane accident holds no respect for that life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join