It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by fleabit

Regardless of what it turns out to be, I don't know why people assume if we shot down an ET craft, they'd react by attacking us. I'd think they would be intelligent enough to realize that they are in our airspace, and having already witnessed our missile capabilities, they would expect to shot down, if they were thus exposed. Probably a risk they would be well aware of, and not go nuts and attack us if we did so.

As humans, we often find ourselves wondering why aliens or gods don't communicate with us if they are so advanced. I am far advanced over my dog, and the ants in my yard, and the frogs in my pool! I cannot seem to communicate with them even to help them save themselves!!

Wow, I've never thought about it exactly like that... what if they just CAN'T communicate to us, just as we can't communicate to animals...

Very, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Please do,

Any information to add is very important IMHO, 12 hours ago and glitch on MSM and no further info,

My god an American, Israeli or Alien craft of some kind has been shot down in one of the most volatile and sensitive areas of the world.

All quiet, no news, no Propoganda,

WTF wars have started over much less.....

Who and what is being covered up?

Elf

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I found this interesting on BBC News " Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned that it would retaliate against any possible military strike" Link news.bbc.co.uk...
At the same event Iran displayed its ballistic missile.....Humm..
Link news.xinhuanet.com...
Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

It would be ironic if Iran started an interplanetary war! First Contact.........

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
reply to post by Dermo

It would be ironic if Iran started an interplanetary war! First Contact.........

A war? If they can make it to our humble little planet, than there technology is of such magnitude, that it would be more of an extermination.

But it is not up to extraterrestrials to dictate our fate it is up to the higher powers that govern this material universe.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Typical, 3 UFO's (assuming they are) come along probobally on a peace mission and Iran instantly shoots one of them down.

I doubt Israel/US would be stupid enough to fly advanced technological UAVs over Iran knowing full-well the aircraft would be trackable on radar.

Yeah - the US government would never shoot at a UFO....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee455b3394b4.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh yeah....I guess they would.

“It was just hovering there in the sky and hardly moving at all…It was a lovely pale orange and about the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen. I could see it perfectly because it was very close. It was big!” – Eyewitness

Battle of Los Angeles

"Late at night, on February 25, 1942, strange flying objects in the sky over southern California created a scary scene right out of such movies as Independence Day or War of the Worlds. Air raid sirens awoke the residents of Los Angeles, and hundreds of thousands of eye witnesses watched the 37th CA Brigade fire a barrage of anti-aircraft shells at the invaders.

The reports as to the number of UFOs descending upon Tinsel Town are varrying. In the very early morning of the 25th, an unidentified object was picked up by radar about 120 miles west of Los Angeles. The information center was later flooded with calls concerning incoming "enemy planes" even though the object disappeared on radar while over the ocean.

Just before 3 AM, enemy planes were spotted near Long Beach, and minutes later, a coast artillary colonel reported seeing about 12 enemy planes flying towards Los Angeles. Soon, four batteries of artillary fired anti-aircraft shells at the UFOs.

The UFOs dropped no bombs, and despite being hit with over 1440 rounds of ammo, none of them crashed or suffered any damage. The UFOs simply hovered south, and quickly disappeared over the ocean south of Long Beach.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ok, so I am a first time poster here but I have been reading this site for a couple years. I have researched all these topics for over a decade, but never felt the need to post until now.

So, I was reading the story and after looking at the satellite picture of the sea. Then the mouse pointer moved to the upper left hand corner of the image! Slowly creeping right below where the sea and beach meet, then stopped. I did not touch the mouse, and could not emulate the mouse moving in that way by testing it about 40 different times and ways. Kinda freaked me out.

So then I just did a quick search and found this:

Iran Government OK's UFO Shootdown

ufo.whipnet.org...

the funniest is the second to last sentence:

"So far, Iran has not succeeded in shooting any of the objects down."

My father is an ex-navy seal (Vietnam), and has been in the military for 40 years. He recently flew to a base that is becoming "active" again right outside where Area 51 is. He says it has been "in operational for years and on standby, recently coded to become active". Stating that "We have $hit you have never seen, and couldn't possibly imagine...but I can't confirm anything" hahaha.

So at this point I am positive it is either advanced USA UFO weaponry or Iran getting a lucky 1 in 1000 shot at a UFO ET craft.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DrEyebrows]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't believe it was alien, I don't think they could have possibly took down an alien craft. Aliens are thousands of years more advanced, don't you think they would have figured out how to avoid, dodge, or destroy a missile before impact?

It was Israel or USA spy craft. When one was shot down they sent back coordinates of their battery stations as well as images from the surviving ones.

Don't you see? The US/Israel knows exactly what to take out to create a safe path for bombing Iran. Possibly Nuclear. They have been prepping us up for something recently, it could very well be that they have been prepping us up to accept that we nuked yet another country.

Of course people are going to be frightened #less after we nuke a country. "whats next? are we going to get nuked?" Some may retaliate but they already have the camps there for that.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It is going to interesting what President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is going to say at the United Nations General Assembly in New York. I am not sure what day he is going to speak but i think it is going to be very interesting.. Link www.timesonline.co.uk...
Found the time he is speaking at the United Nations General Assembly =Wednesday, 23 ,September 2009 in the Afternoon Session (3:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) He is the 13th speaker in the afternoon. Here is the Link to the Live Webcast= www.un.org...

[edit on 22-9-2009 by toddtenexpa]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
BBC

The parade was marred by reports that a plane taking part the ceremonies had crashed south of Tehran, killing seven.

The crash was reported on state radio and state television showed video footage of burning wreckage from the plane surrounded by fire trucks, according to AFP news agency.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreezeM But I agree, if Iran would be able to bring forth undeniable prove this was something alien that would be great.

How great would it be if it really WAS an ET craft... and it was just shot down

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What is it with the retard mind that keeps them excited about UFOs?

WHO CARES ~

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarrenStetson

WHO CARES ~

Apparently you do because you took the time to post an insult, so stop insulting yourself in public will ya?

On Topic: It was a new advanced series of weather balloons.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I don't believe it was alien, I don't think they could have possibly took down an alien craft. Aliens are thousands of years more advanced, don't you think they would have figured out how to avoid, dodge, or destroy a missile before impact?

I like when people make assumptions about aliens. This issue is completely separately from whether or not Iran actually shot down a spaceship. Why are the aliens "thousands of years more advanced?" Why not "hundreds," "millions" or "billions" of years more advanced? If you are going to pick an arbitrary number out of a hat, why not choose another?

Presuming it was an alien craft or a machine built by an intelligent being, how can we say that such a machine would be infallible unless we are saying that aliens are perfect or God-like things that can't invent something that can breakdown or fail as a result of operator error? Maybe Bob the alien just forgot to press the shield button or fell asleep at the throttle? Maybe he just found out his wife has been cheating on him and, drunk out of his mind, decided that attacking Iran was a good idea because he only reads the Israeli press?

My point is that we have no facts on which to base any presumptions whatsoever about aliens, how old they are, where they came from, and the technical capabilities or limitations of their machines.

From the viewpoint of an ant, nuclear reactors are very advanced but they are hardly infallible machines built by perfect beings. Consider the possibility that humans will one day build advanced ships - I doubt we won't see a few go down due to design flaws, manufacturing defects, or a drunken pilot.

Culturally speaking, how much have humans advanced in the last few thousand years? We still steal, rape, and murder. Short of cutting out large sections of our brains at birth, this isn't going to change in another 2000 years.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

WHO CARES ~

What is it about actual retards that post on threads they have no interest in? Some say don't feed the trolls but it would seem that this one has some sort of internal issues which compell him to post things like this to create some sort of relief within his twisted psyche.

On topic: It would seem our Iranian friend has already posted on here somewhere... I'll have a look now.

EDIT: Page 8 3rd post down... he doesn't live there anymore.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So Russia, the US, China and other powers have never shot down a UFO, but now Iran has? They've managed to bag on one huh?

Maybe it was this they shot down by mistake:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So Russia, the US, China and other powers have never shot down a UFO, but now Iran has? They've managed to bag on one huh?

www.foxnews.com...

That would be what? Green on Green?

"No! We Shot at a UFO!!! Honest!!!"

[edit on 22-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

www.foxnews.com...

Iran shooting down a UFO? That's as crazy as the US or USSR being caught in military quagmire in say, I don't know, Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan for eight years. After all, the US and USSR have the most advanced militaries in the world. How could they possibly lose wars to entrenched local populations that are decades behind them technologically?

Remember the dark ages from history class - beginning after the far more technologically advanced Roman Empire got defeated and invaded by the Germans? The surest way to lose a battle or a war is to assume that you are incapable of defeat. Hopefully, if it was an alien, his UFO doubled as a submarine. (He might have been too cheap to get that option from his dealer).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was doing some digging and I came across this article.

...The incident was not confirmed by the headquarters of the Revolutionary Guards in Tehran and there was no follow-up to the story which was initially reported by the official news agency IRNA.

Sounds like this all could be a bunch of bs, but what would you all think the reason for reporting a false strike on an aircraft by Iran would be? And how would it benefit them? I mean maybe it'd make them seem more 'powerful' possibly... but who really is going to be scared by someone who can shoot down an aircraft when most countries can do the same?

I wanted to add I also found another news site saying the same thing as the link above... SOURCE

[edit on 22-9-2009 by highlyoriginal]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

WHO CARES ~

You registered just today and decided you would make your greeting as a troll?!

School must have let out early today.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join