It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has brought down an unidentified shining object over the Persian Gulf

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by and14263

Classic, another site listing ATS as their source.

We don't report the news we make it..

With the current state of the MSM, when I see something on TV or in the Paper, I immediately go to ATS to see what really happened!!

Now, my father, mother, brother, and his roommate have begun doing the same thing! You see something on the news, and it is interesting, but you know something is amiss? You know it can't be just how they reported it, so you check ATS, and low and behold, you read several points of view that provided intelligent summaries and sources for their info, and you feel like you know the whole story!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

To that point, I also tend to find stories breaking on ATS before the MSM..sometimes HOURS before as was the case with the N. Korean Nuke tests in the spring.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

To that point, I also tend to find stories breaking on ATS before the MSM..sometimes HOURS before as was the case with the N. Korean Nuke tests in the spring.

That is exactly what won my family over to reading this site!

I would tell them about things, and then they would see it on FOX later that night or the next day or so! They started asking me where all the info was coming from.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

If they can build fast drones for less than a million a piece and get Iran to use up their sunfires at 3 or 4 million a piece, then that is a battle worth waging.

Iran wouldn't be that stupid to use their Sunburns (which I think you are refering to). First of all, they don't have any, and second of all Sunburns are anti-ship missiles with a rather short range.

Don't get me wrong, the Sunburn is a good piece of equipment, but you have to be able to get it in range of a ship to be useful. If the closest you can get is 150 miles, then it's useless.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yeah you're right. Infact, if I was a journalist I would probably cut and paste my reports from this site! I tried getting a few friends to do the same but they always get side tracked by the looney bin threads on here :-(

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tail-Eater
These don't even have to be UAVS, what is the possibility of it being a radar/electronic warfare Guided missile? For example AGM-129
mixed with this new tech BAE proposal for Navy E-warfare missiles

Also this new tech has a full spectrum network integration system. Meaning these three "UFOs" could link up to find multiple targets, while accomplishing an array of tasks.
So from what little knowledge I know, taking down one doesn't effect a formation as much as having a single missile being damaged. There-for, mission continues and E-warfare ensues.

(god I hope that made sense)

Israel did hint at a new defense system a few days back
(although I still think it may be a PSYOP):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could these UFO's be an upgrade to this weapon's system:

Dedicated for the Suppression of Air Defense (SEAD) mission, Harpy is an operational loitering attack weapon. The current version of Harpy is deployed as a fire and forget weapon. It patrols the assigned area, and will attack any hostile radar activated in its vicinity. When used in appropriate numbers, Harpy can be launched into a target area to support continuous operations, or time limited strike packages. Unlike anti-radar missiles such as HARM, whose speed, range and direction of approach are predictable, the killer drone deployment is more flexible and unpredictable, and therefore, conventional countermeasures techniques are not useful against it. In fact, Harpy is holding enemy radars at risk throughout its mission. Harpy system is designed to operate multiple munitions simultaneously over a specific area, to effectively cover the target. Each drone is deployed autonomously, without interference and overlapping the other drones.

HARPY air defense suppression system

Perhaps this was an advance test of a similar system in a "real world" scenario? The three objects could be needed to triangulate a radar target and they may have been deliberately lit up as a target to test the weapon's sensors and Iranian air defense response speed and procedure. .

[edit on 9/22/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

And please post the links to the source where you found out about the self-destruct mechanism.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

I asked someone who should know, and he said they do not have a self destruct function, nor do they need one, as no data is stored [all streamed] and the hardware and software are commercial.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but it was presstv who reported this first. ATS won't be able to ascertain what happened until an iranian news source reports more info. Mass media won't report such events that cannot be confirmed, because they would do a little digging first. That doesn't mean they don't know about it already.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Seven dead in aircraft crash in Iran

"Rescue teams have already found the bodies of the seven passengers of the aircraft and the work continues in order to find any other victims", the iranian Director of the Rescue Department said to the Fars agency.

The same source didn't comment if the aircraft crash, that occured in a area of farms around Teheran, had anything to do with the military parade, in a time which the local media had already informed the cancelation of the airshow.

Furthermore, the same agency revealed a note from the PR of the Armed Forces of Iran, that stated that the military parade was already over, and that the crash had nothing to do with the parade that celebrates the Iraq-Iran war (1980-1988).

Any information about the aircraft that crashed wasn't revealed in the official note, but we know that many military aircraft took part of the airshow related to the parade.".

source: jn.sapo.pt...

Do you guys think this is related?

(If this was already posted, I'm sorry, but missed it)

PS: The news agency is portuguese. So you have to read that translation that I made. It's full.

[edit on 22/9/09 by Tifozi]

[edit on 22/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
UFO's and nukes have long gone hand in hand.

Be it objects shutting down US and Soviet launch control facilities, to RAF Bentwaters (which happened to hold the largest stockpile of nukes in Western Europe at the time of the incident in Rendelsham), through to reports of UFO's in Israel, India and Pakistan and China - and I'm sure I read somewhere that NK put their forces on alert not long ago because of possible aerial "reconaissance".

In fact, the only country I'm not aware of having undergone a UFO/Nukes thing is France, and I bet I could find a few examples if I spoke French more fluently - although they do tend to keep the force de frappe under wraps quite well.

Sounds kinda weird I know...but its there....

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Way to be hospitable geez.

At least I know it didnt say made in the U.S.A. All our jobs have shipped over seas. Now, everything says made in china.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

That does seem plausible, but what gets me is the description of the this "UFO".
I think earlier in the thread it was stated that certain countries effectively use different paint schemes for various combat vehicles.
I deduce from past experience that the "ufo" could not be an De-classified operational weapon delivery system as the U.S. Uses a dull non-glossy gray paint scheme for most weapons systems, and uses a slightly dark cream color for desert operations standard UAVs.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Once again,

I believe this unidentified objects that were brought down by the Iranians have something to do with the Arrow Weaponry System, that apparently uses airborne electro-optical sensors deployed on high flying unmanned aerial vehicles

LINK

EDIT: To add that 'Once again' since I've mentioned a little bit more of this on page 10

[edit on 22-9-2009 by joscarfas]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but it was presstv who reported this first. ATS won't be able to ascertain what happened until an iranian news source reports more info. Mass media won't report such events that cannot be confirmed, because they would do a little digging first. That doesn't mean they don't know about it already.

We know that, as the OP supplied the link in his first post. Still, associatedcontent.com (Kathleen Bona) mentions ATS in her article.

Just need to face it, ATS kicks butt when it comes to all breaking news.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by qonone]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

One answer..and one alone... USA IS GOING TO WAR!

but seriously that is unusual sounding, most military craft tend to stay away from civilian areas and airports.

wouldnt it be scary now that in the morning a televised address from your president comes on your TV announcing the declaration of war on Iran and that a large task force has already begun an assault...

keep an eye on troop movements if you have friends or family in the military, i'll do the same here in the UK

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is interesting indeed.

Hopefully this won't be easily 'forgotten' and Iran lets out more information regarding exactly what they shot down.

Thanks for the post, starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Agreed. I would take it a step further and say that not only do nukes and UFOs go hand in hand, but the sightings at Military bases that have nukes always seem to be more credible than the average sighting. Trained airforce personel, multiple witnesses etc.

Given what we know thus far, it could have been anything or might not have occured at all. Awaiting more info, but not optimistic we will get it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

We are very scary imo.. and you know what.. we are a threat to TPTB

in our community we have astrologers,scientists,singers,actors,newsreaders,police officers,soldiers,teachers and god knows what else

gotta love the attention though.. as long as it's positive ^^

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
thats what happned to my friends daughters myler balloons when she let go of them, now i have to break the sad news to her and buy some more.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

One answer..and one alone... USA IS GOING TO WAR!

but seriously that is unusual sounding, most military craft tend to stay away from civilian areas and airports.

wouldnt it be scary now that in the morning a televised address from your president comes on your TV announcing the declaration of war on Iran and that a large task force has already begun an assault...

keep an eye on troop movements if you have friends or family in the military, i'll do the same here in the UK

Now that is something I don't want to hear, but I haven't ruled it out either. Especially, with the serious saber rattling by Russia, Iran, Israel, and the US on the nuclear development crisis. Sooner or later one of the countries are going to unsheathe their sword and draw first blood. I have had the same thoughts as you, waking up one morning and finding out all hell has broken loose in the Persian Gulf. This could get very serious, so put on your flak jackets and fasten your seat belts, because we are in for one hell of a ride.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join