It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I'm not new, but this little guy is!! (I'm now a father!! :D )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Lovely!!! really!!! congrats
Not worried about the smoking. You already know that's a racket and you want to stop. My grandfather started smoking at age 9 and quit one day cold turkey at 52 after smoking 2+ packs a day. He's 94 now and a bit slower than a few years ago, but still walks to do his shopping every day. If he can do it, anybody can. He said he did it when I was born cuz he figured he'd like to see me grow up and knew more than when his own kids were little

As a mom of many, here's my 2 cents of advice... (worth every penny) in France they supplement breast milk with 1 night bottle of powder Enfamil or Similac formula (but only at night.) This is because formula takes a little longer to digest and so the new born sleeps longer between feedings and gives mom and dad a little more rest and sanity. I highly recommend this, even just 2 oz. at midnight makes a huge difference. Might sleep till 5 or 6 straight. It's not common in the US to do this, but it's really very useful. I breast fed all my kids at least 6 months - so it doesn't spoil them for the bottle or anything. And it gives dad a way to help give mom a break and connect with a mostly breast fed baby.

2. Don't buy a ton of stuff for the baby. There are so many ways to get free or almost free practically new baby stuff, craigslist, good will, friends, churches etc. Buy diapers and get given the rest.

3. If you're entrepreneurial check out what still needs inventing or improving in your new world of fatherdom. And / or meet and talk to others at the playground, parents groups etc. Tell them you've just been laid off. You'd be amazed how helpful everyone wants to be with new parents. Everyone wants to help you and your kid.

You know that old joke that babies are babe magnets? Well, they're job magnets too. Really, they are ice breakers and network providers.

Wouldn't worry about career. A bigger worry is how are you going to best juggle new / so much work and all the baby time you want at the same time. And when you figure that out, post it on ATS - or patent it. You'll be a millionaire

Happy Happy parenthood you guys - it really is the biggest, deepest love there is! You are so very lucky!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Congratulations!
I can't wait to be a father someday.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

That's fantastic news adrenochrome! Thanks for sharing that. All the best to you and your family.
Hey, I think the other posters are on to something. Take photos of your new son on job interviews, it couldn't hoyt!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Congrats! Being a parent is a totally new and awesome experience, it'll be hard but worth it, believe me. You'll get a whole new perpective on what it means to be a human, and what you were like at that age. Good memories you may have forgotten about your childhood will come back when you look at the world from their new perspective. I had my first 5 months ago, and it's been unbelievable - I'm blessed and grateful, and I'm forever changed (for the better). Well done, and enjoy your new friend and family member!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

John Smith: Usually I'm quoting someone else's words. The least I can do is give you some John Smith originals. They won't be poetic. But they'll be the truth. Yes, prison desensitizes you. But it also forces you to see what's most important. Family. And loyalty. Because a con like you knows neither exists in this place. So don't run from who you've become, felon. Embrace it. Grow from it. And you'll never lose sight of what truly matters. That's my final piece of advice, Wade Porter. You protect your family at all costs. Even if you're forced to kill again. Because if i had to, I’d wipe out the whole planet to get mine back. So long, friend.
...from the movie "Felon".

Er, I'm sure Your not a felon, or named Smith, or Porter........so just replace appropriate titles, and names. Other than that it's a fairly powerful statement.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm, where is the conspiracy here? I see no conspiracy.
Unless you are asking ATS members to do some research to make sure it is actually yours.

Joke.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Aww what a gorgeous baby

You all are a beautiful family. Congratulations!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Cheesy yes but it gets the point across.

Congrats!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well done !

As a father in his 20's I can tell you it's hard going but very rewarding! Get ready for diaper changes, midnight walk arounds!
I think it's been the best moment in my life seeing my son for the first time and being the first person to shake his hand.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Congratulations, blessings, and thank you for sharing something so wonderful and positive with us!

Please try not to worry too much about the money/employment problems. I'm not saying don't think about them, but try not to worry about them. Things have a way of working out, and the fact that you have a baby is already helping you with your perspective on life. I'm sure you know what I mean -- and I'm in no way trying to be patronising.

To give you my own take on this, when my first child was born I had $4 in my pocket and zero in the bank -- but we still managed! I can't recall exactly how we did it, but a baby's needs concentrate the mind wonderfully. Now my two kids are grown up and I have 3 grandchildren, and I just wonder where the years went.

There's some great advice here on ways to spend less money, especially about buying things through craigslist or ebay. Certainly worth the time and effort to do that whenever it's practical. If you can, try not to buy disposable diapers except for "emergency" use as stand-bys if all the cloth ones are in the wash or drying. They are not cost-effective and besides, they're environmentally not good. True, using cloth diapers meaning endless washing, but it's still worth it in the long run.

At a time like this I am sure family and friends will be willing to help out. After all, what goes around comes around, so there'll be opportunities in the future to return any kindnesses they offer.

Kudos to you for quitting the cigarettes. WTG!! Huge plus for you and your little family!

Again, blessings and wishes for a peaceful and bright future for you all!

Best regards,

Mike

[edit on 22/9/09 by JustMike]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I had visions of darth vader finally revealing to luke their true relationship while luke hangs on for dear life

congratulations! you now have a human larva

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Way to go Mom & Dad. He's beautiful. I'm partial to boys we have two. How wonderful for you both.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. I don't know what it is but every time we had a baby my husband got laid off. I'm glad we only had two. Best wishes to you & your beautiful family.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is one thread I had to give S&F! the use of the Introductions thread for this was fun!

Congrats! It's an amazing thing isn't it!

I wish you and your family the best!

Ciao!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
man thats awsome
congrats and i hope all goes well for your family
xxx

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hey Congratulation man, and to your wife, you got a fine looking boy there!
Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Congratulations to all three of you!!

Eli's definitely got your looks bro' ... coz I see his mom's still got hers !!

I hope he brings you much joy and happiness

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
congradulations. Being a father is the coolest thing in life. Keep positive and the other stuff will work out fine. That's a beautiful baby boy.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Congrats man. Just remember to take as many pictures as you can. They grow up to quick and you will miss so much. I have a 2 boys and a girl. 4 yrs 2 yrs and 18 months. you will so miss holding the little guy when he hits 2 and three.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

AWWW! Congratulations! What a beautiful blessing you have been given. Love him like there's no tomorrow!

[edit on 9-22-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
very handsome little man.

Brother, your being tested with fire and ice for sure. I've been there too. Just one thing.

You and Mama NEVER fight over anything (disagreements will happen). If you two will continue to bolster each other, NOTHING WILL BEAT YOU TWO!

Blessings from above and congratulations!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join