It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I'm not new, but this little guy is!! (I'm now a father!! :D )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A fine looking future leader of the free world and a fine replacement for the feeble minds that run industry and government. Congratulations and good luck!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by northof8]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i wish him the best. as for the rest of us, we all know our fate.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
God Bless You and your family. If you're not religous that statement isn't meant to offend but show my sincerest wishes to you and your family.

As hard as it is (I have 3 aged 5,6 & 15) it is an incredible journey. It is a life altering event and actually changes your entire mindset. It puts you on a different mindset and level of thinking. I actually understand and relate to all the little things my parents told me as I was growing up.

I see it from the other perspective of an adult with the knowledge, wisdom, love and concern needed to raise a child, istead of from the perspective of a sef centered,young naive teen who thought he knew everything.

Train his mind body and soul, so he has all the tools he'l need to conquer everything this world has to throw at him. While you and your wife are teaching him it's also a bonding experience which will build an unbreakable trust. Congaratulations brother and welcome to the ranks of fatherhood/parenthood. Be prepared fpr the battle

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Baby's are such a blessing. I wish I could have one, just one! Congrats
I am jealous!!!!! All the best for you and your family.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sweet!

Enjoy the time when they are small! Mine are 17 and 14 now and I cant believe how fast it has went.

Congradulations.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Congrats from Norway. Nice to read something uplifting in here for once

He will bring you great joy, and you will learn much from him the next years

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Welcome little one. Many blessing to your upcoming travels on this planet.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Congrats-since that is not enough
CongratsCongratsCongratsCongrats
Is that enough? Congrats again

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS!

Well, I'm not religious but spiritual, and I truly believe everything's happening for a reason. My hubbie was unemployed, too, when I had my son (now six and a half), and it was such a blessing for me to have him around all day during that rough time.

Remember how hard labor and child birth is for a woman, and usually she'll be bleeding like a slaughtered pig for weeks after (at least if it was a vaginal birth; if not, she'll be hurting from the surgery). PLUS, you and she are looking forward to lots of sleepless nights, continuous feeding, grabbing short naps when the baby sleeps (at all hours of the day), etc., etc.

It's TOUGH -- and so much better when there's two people who can take turns caring for the baby, and the other can get some rest. Count your blessings and don't worry too much about the future. Get on unemployment now and use the full spectrum of help (WIC, food stamps) from the system you've paid into for years, until you can find something new. Don't stress yourself out -- just PLAN to stay home for at least a month or two. In my experience, if you're relaxed about it, a job might just fall into your lap from somewhere.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Congratulations to the three of you
. He is indeed beautiful! Your life has changed for the better already see! All the other things you mentioned will fall into place just stop "worrying" about them. Do what you need to do except instead of worrying just envision a more positive scenario for the three of you. It's already turned for the better as you can see

now go enjoy your baby ... they don't stay for long, mine's now 13! How the hell did that happen?

Congrats!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I donno, those pics look a bit photoshopped, I dont think this qualifies as proof of babies, I think its just a odd shaped weather balloon.

Nice work with the baby n all, and ya...there will never be a time in your life that everything is perfect...thats where you get the phrase "Count your blessings" because typically good stuff outweighs bad stuff (got the health, someone whom loves you, electricity isnt turned off, etc)...so, just expect that the rest will work out and then move in that direction...if you count your curses then you will end up just moving more in the negative realm...energy goes wherre attention flows.

Gratz...and meh...the flu shot...I donno what to think about it overall beyond its just a flu shot...get sick from that or sick from the flu..just talk to your doctor about it...your concerns for both, etc...conspiracy theorys tend to fall dead when your talking about your child...then its about facts.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Congratulations!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Congrats to you and your wife, Eli is one handsome dude.

I hope you find work or get yourself to unemployment and/or welfare until your back on your feet don't feel down about it that's what it is there for.

You and your wife can get WIC for the baby and this will help big time.

Hope you look into getting some of this help.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Congratulations! I don't know how I lived life without my little guy before Feb. this year! Just wait until he starts developing his personality and smiles (not a gas smile but a real happy smile) for the first time. You don't really know love until you have a little one!

Ps. I love the name!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
once again i thank everyone for all the compliments and prayers!!

everything's going well so far, except my wife is still hurting...

...as for filing for unemployment benefits, i only worked at my last job for about 2 months, and before that i was getting unemployment for working on a job that lasted over a year, and even then they tried taking my benefits away...

i'm gonna try calling unemployment tomorrow to see what they say, because i heard something about being able to get unemployment if you live in a state that has an unemployment rate of 8.5% or higher, or something like that.. i'm in NC, and our rate is about 11.1%...
www.google.com... (just check off the state/city you're interested in - notice how unemployment skyrockets after 2008!)

well, keep praying for me, and hopefully i'll get a call back for an interview soon!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Look at the little guy =).... welcome to the world buddy
Peace and prosperity to you. Congrats brother!!!! , my kid is 2 and I remember those days like they were yesterday. Take it all in man , It's a beautiful thing =)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Congrats and thanks for the smiles! Being a parent is a wonderful thing (hard too though) and I'm sure the kiddo will learn a lot from ATS dad.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Congratulations, adrenochrome!

I hope everything goes well with your new family member.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The baby is good looking and healthy. That is awesome!

Does anyone else think that the father looks like a Gray?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

First off Congratulations to you and your wife. Eli is absolutely adorable. Cherish every waking moment with him even those at 2am, they really do grow quickly.

As for your current situation, I wish you the best of luck and success in your job hunt. I do advise though that you and your wife seek as much possible govt aid as you can. Not sure if your state offers WIC, which provides financial aid for food, but your wife can have both WIC and foodstamps. Umpteen years ago, I was in a very bad situation financially when my first son was born, I wasn't ashamed to accept and use food stamps and within a year I was able to terminate my need for benefits. So you're not the first nor last to be in this situation, so don't let something like pride or politics stop you from accepting help when needed. Again good luck and congrats

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join