It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral Hill-Norton "we have been visited for many years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Admiral Lord Hill-Norton , Admiral of the Fleet was a five-star Admiral and the former Head of the British Ministry of Defense , He was known as an outspoken advocate on the importance of sea power and a strong defence for Britain .
His long and distinguished naval career included active service on Arctic convoy duty during the Second World War, command of a destroyer during the Suez Crisis, and a later posting in command of the aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal
In later years he took an interest in UFOs, which included writing about them and asking questions in Parliament .

Lord Hill-Norton appeared in several UFO documentaries and was frequently quoted on the subject in the media , his opinion on the subject were a breath of fresh air to UFO researchers due to his rank and standing in the British Armed Forces .

Bellow is an excerpt from an interview Lord Hill-Norton gave to James Fox

Since my name has become connected with UFO matters in quite a big way in this country, and in one or two other countries too, I have frequently been asked why a person of my background — a former Chief of the Defense Staff, a former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee — why I think there is a cover-up, or what the reasons may be for government’s wishing to cover up the facts about UFOs. A number of explanations have often been put forward. The most frequent, and perhaps the most plausible, is the government’s concern (which [is] primarily that of the United States, and that of my own country) over the public’s reaction if they [were] told the truth — which is that there are objects in our atmosphere which are technically miles in advance of anything that we can deploy, that we have no means of stopping them coming here, and that we have no defense against them, should they be hostile

Full Transcript

It is my opinion that when men of the caliber , and the military qualifications of Admiral Hill-Norton speak out on matters such as this we should see them as the tip of the iceberg , and realize that beneath them there are other top military officers around the World that dont have the courage of their convictions to stick their heads above the parapit and tell the World whats really going on .

RIP LORD HILL-NORTON 1915 - 2004

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Standing by for character assassination in 3, 2, 1....

The most likely reason for no disclosure is probably because the aliens dont want it. Otherwise they could easily make disclosure a reality themselfs. Humans are not the ones running the show here.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Always good to hear about people, whose credibility is very hard to question, speaking out about this. He's in together with an ever growing list of people who ARE in positions to know about issues like UFO's and whose credibility cannot be questioned.

I have heard of this bloke before and admire his courage in speaking out publically about this.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I think you are exactly right. If aliens wanted to land on the front lawn of the Whitehouse and say "Here we are!" there is probably nothing we could do to stop them. This means that either THEY don't want disclosure yet or WE (whoever they have chosen to talk to) asked them politely to wait a while and they agreed.

So why would this be the case?

- Maybe we are just REALLY lucky and the aliens are much more benevolent and patient than we are and they are letting us work out our own issues within some kind of agreed limits.

- Maybe we don't have anything the aliens are interested in and they watch us for fun like some kind of animal in a zoo.

- Maybe they think we have potential and they are trying to keep us from destroying ourselves.

In any case I would really like to know the actual story behind the story. I hope I live long enough to find out.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nice post.

I must agree its always a good thing to hear such credible people speaking out on the UFO/Alien subject. Iv seen some documentaries in the past with him speaking about UFOs.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hello,

I have a letter from Admiral Hill-Norton.

My Dad (a British veteran of WWII) was a truly impressive person, and after he witnessed a UFO he wrote to Admiral Hill-Norton and received a reply.

I will post the full text of the letter (one of my treasured possessions that remind me of my Dad).

If you don't mind I will include the text in a separate thread... describing the experience that my Dad had, with the text of the Hill-Norton Letter (I'll scan it for those of you curious enough)

Along with this I will include in the thread the experience that my Mother had... an experience which is extremely difficult for me to discount given that my mother called a spade a spade and neither watched or had any interest whatsoever in anything either Military, Alien etc...
Please be a little patient as I want to get some dates/times etc and I'll have to consult my sisters (I live in the USA, my parents lived in the UK and my sisters live there).

I hope to upload this within a week.
Regards, and thank you for the post... Lord Hill-Norton is a formidable character and difficult to ignore.

His Obit. is here:
Admiral Hill-Norton Obituary - The Guardian Newspaper

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

Thanx for your reply askbaby , please feel free to make your post and I look forward to reading it , I am interested to here of your parents experience and Admiral Hill-Nortons reply to your Dads letter

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Why would an admiral be more credible than any other person? Just because he chose a military career instead of being a civilian for all his life? Or because it was a career somewhat connected with the government?

What he said was just his opinion, and although I would love to talk with someone like him, it was just that, an opinion.

PS: I think the best reason for not having a disclosure is not having anything to disclose.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

He wasnt just an admiral he was the British Chief of the Defence Staff and as such had connections throughout the British military , and top security clearance.
I am pretty sure he didnt just wake up one morning and think it would be a good idea to start telling people he believed in UFOs , there must have been something he was either told or saw that convinced him there was evidence of Extraterrestrial visitation , no offence but just because you dont believe in something doesnt mean its not happening .

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I didn't said it didn't happen, I said that it was just his opinion (in the same way this is my opinion), and if he presented it as his opinion then it's because he did not had any real evidence or because he had but he thought that he shouldn't tell what he knew either.

In any case we are left just as we were before, with one more person telling us something that cannot really be considered as an advancement in the UFO situation.

PS: and it's possible that he woke up one morning with that idea, we cannot know that either.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
No #, and if people start actually unraveling their past lives along with cellular knowledge, this planet will be a closed book or should I say an open book for the family tree to reconnect itself.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

You may be right, but I don't understand a word of what you're saying.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I accept your point but you have to admit it is highly unlikely that someone who had a distinguished military career spanning 44 years would enter the mine field that is UFOs on a whim , he must of been pretty sure something was going on before risking the possibility of ridicule that may come from a man of his stature saying he believed UFOs were Extraterrestrial spacecraft .
I am not disputing that it was his opinion , but I personally would give his opinion more credit than most others

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That's one difference between you and me, I think that the fact that he occupied (or had occupied) a very important position in an official level made him different from other people in many ways, but there isn't any difference in being ridiculed or loosing your "friends" when you're in a high or a low place.

Sure, someone in a "high place" can loose more monetarily, but the other aspects are the same, and if someone reaches a point in which he/she thinks that the risk is worth it then it isn't probably thinking about money any more.

That's why I consider all opinions have the same value, what's important is the data used as a base for those opinions, because data is not subjective, only the interpretation of the data.

PS: the people who ridicule other people because of their opinions are usually affected by the position of the person they are ridiculing, and in that sense an admiral is less likely to be ridiculed than an average guy. But that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Seriously, come on.

There are a multitude of reasons why the opinion of someone with those credentials is to be taken more seriously than the majority of others.

Just as a quick example the logic and judgement of someone in control of an aircraft carrier is going to be taken a bit differently to that of your average pole dancer.

Yet in your view they are equal as opinions - doesn't work that way.

And that is without taking into account the information that he definitely was, and maybe also was, privy too.

If you have a medical issue do you go to your doctor or a pole dancer (hmm - depends what it is I guess !) ? Experience and qualifications count when it comes to the weight of an opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by gortex

That's one difference between you and me, I think that the fact that he occupied (or had occupied) a very important position in an official level made him different from other people in many ways, but there isn't any difference in being ridiculed or loosing your "friends" when you're in a high or a low place.

Sure, someone in a "high place" can loose more monetarily, but the other aspects are the same, and if someone reaches a point in which he/she thinks that the risk is worth it then it isn't probably thinking about money any more.

That's why I consider all opinions have the same value, what's important is the data used as a base for those opinions, because data is not subjective, only the interpretation of the data.

PS: the people who ridicule other people because of their opinions are usually affected by the position of the person they are ridiculing, and in that sense an admiral is less likely to be ridiculed than an average guy. But that is just my opinion.

sorry ...if this guy said aliens visit the planet I am inclined to believe him more than you just for the simple reason that he has seen alot of "stuff" in his lifetime and he has accomplished alot..that is the way the world works....this guy isn't some random wino on the street

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Seriously, come on.

There are a multitude of reasons why the opinion of someone with those credentials is to be taken more seriously than the majority of others.

i'd say naval battles would be one of the first, also battle strategy on the seas

Just as a quick example the logic and judgement of someone in control of an aircraft carrier is going to be taken a bit differently to that of your average pole dancer.

what does commanding an aircraft carrier have to do with knowledge about ETs?
believing a pole dancer or him is about on the same level

Yet in your view they are equal as opinions - doesn't work that way.

yes, yes it does, sorry but nether a stripper or a commander of an aircraft carrier is more of an expert, if they both have the same amount of knowledge.
no one is an expert on aliens, maybe if they made real contact and stopped probing people and killing cattle, we could learn something

And that is without taking into account the information that he definitely was, and maybe also was, privy too.

you don't know what information he does or does not know, but because he was some high up commander of a ship he obviously does?
i didn't know that admirals needed to know about aliens

If you have a medical issue do you go to your doctor or a pole dancer (hmm - depends what it is I guess !) ? Experience and qualifications count when it comes to the weight of an opinion.

a lot of fallacies here, first of all, i would expect a doctor to have the knowledge and training over a stripper when it comes to medicine

what knowledge does an admiral have over anyone else when it comes to aliens?
you are committing a very common fallacy i've seen over the years, namely appeal to authority
just because the guy's an admiral doesn't mean he knows jack about whether aliens have visited earth, its all his opinion, being that he's not an"xenologist", he's an admiral.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123

sorry ...if this guy said aliens visit the planet I am inclined to believe him more than you just for the simple reason that he has seen alot of "stuff" in his lifetime and he has accomplished alot..that is the way the world works....this guy isn't some random wino on the street

seems to me that you are looking for anyone, anyone, who agrees with you.
even to the point of getting rid of any sort of discernment of truth
just because he's seen a lot of "stuff", doesn't make him an expert on aliens, it only means he knows "stuff"
still an appeal to authority.
i could care less if he was the queen of england or the POTUS, or even a wino, if the best they can do is give an opinion, they aren't anymore experts than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Originally posted by primetime2123 :

I totally agree! Surely the Militar Officials are the ones that holds more info, have seen more, know more of such phenoma than us, they have amasing contacts that we may just dare to think about.... that's for sure. How many cases truly only militaries know, I wonder. So, I do believe that when Militar people come to express their opnions based on what they saw, listened to and knew, I take it as something GREAT, becasuse these guys really destroy some barriers (as secrecy, public ridicule, and so on) to speak out about his experiences. Mainly these guys knows tons of militar stuff, weapons, etc, they wouldn't get wondered easily, so if the guy comes out to say he believe that there are much more advanced technology than ours...uh, I take it seriously!

Great post! thank you for sharing!

[edit on 22/9/09 by Magus Dux]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I HIGHLY doubt extraterrestrials have been "asked" to stay away. LOL. Although they are more advanced than us that doesn't mean they are immune to all of our military hardware i.e. nuclear weapons, AC130 gunships etc. I mean all in all they might have fast little ships they fly around in but who knows what kind of "weapons" they have. Maybe they are as scared of us as we are of them. Not that I'm scared but you know what I mean. Afterall if you believe in ET's most people would believe that Roswell was indeed UFO/ET's. So they are not indestructible and are prone to crashing themselves. Who knows. I can think of lots of reasons why ET's would stay away from humans and they have little to do wtih us asking them to. LOL.

I tend to believe we modern humans are some of the most vile, evil, and destructive species of living organisms in the galaxy/universe/solar system whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if ET's are actually quite curious, friendly, and benign. Or maybe they are like Native Americans.......beautiful in many ways yet to us nothing but savages who needed to be exterminated. I'd stay away from humans if I was an ET but I'd be damn curious about Earth.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join