It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe lists: Are You Next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have suddenly gotten an influx of u2u's that is informing me that I am now (fill in the blank)'s foe. I haven't spoke to or debated with any of these people who are placing me on their foe list. I am wondering what did I do to get on them, and why all of the sudden is this happening? I don't want to believe that it is because I recently posted on a 911 thread that was asking why people ridicule 911 believers, but I swear, I think that is why. Any of you out there getting the same?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
One of the people who 'foed' me has over 5000 foes, but the others only have a few. What is the priority for being on a foe list? I put a couple of people on mine who were downright rude or derogatory, but other than that I cannot imagine what you have to do to get on there

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Hey a flag for You for asking a question that'll get lots of positive answers. I in a nut shell kinda think it is childish, and a silly feature. Of course, in the past when asking I've been told feel proud that You were marked as someone's foe; as that meant You as ATS states are worthy of a debate....

No, in a nutshell imho it is for childish People, or almost People who are too ignorant not to hate because of differences so they hit the red button instead of the green button. I don't like the buttons in many ways; as they make me feel like a munkey, or that it's somekind of psychological test; I especially don't like the Foe button. It is the button I hate most.

I am not sure, but all my Foes are jerk offs who don't even have real accounts............Like someone made an account just so they could hate a few other People. My foes all meet, or did meet this criteria of not having any posts, or threads, and quite possibly "joining" the day they decided I was a worthy foe...........................

Don't sweat it, but expect it. Not a big deal

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

A thing that often happens is people who have a similar username may have a duplicate friends and foes list as you, and vica-verca.

Take mine for example. My username is Scooby Doo, but an earlier member Scooby whom has never participated has the same friends as what I have. Your username begins with space, so you may recieve friends and foes from other members whom have a similar username to yours.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Why care? I mean it's not as though these people play an important role in your life.... right? If you are getting under someone else's skin on this forum, then that's great. Seems you made an impression on a few people.

Remember we can't expect everyone to agree with us on every single topic. As far as I'm concerned a foe is meaningless.

Your a good member SpaceCadet. Don't sweat it!

IRM

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I agree with the others - wouldn't sweat it. You have lots more friends

I like the way Sancho looks at his foe list, I'm still ROTF.

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones reply to post by space cadet

I am not sure, but all my Foes are jerk offs

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thanks guys your responses are helping me get over it, I mean, I just couldn;t beleive when I logged on tonight that I had ammased 5 foes! One U2u after another informing me that , in my mind, people are saying they hate me or something along those lines, and I want to know why???

It is silly Sanchez, I am not a child, yet it bothered me to be involved in such a childish act, done by people I have never even encountered on ATS.

As for adding friends to the friends list, funny but I have only added people to mine who I have been in u2u contact with over subjects. Other than that I feel I have many 'friends' on here, but I haven't quite figured out the critieria for mashing that button. I mean, I don't want to do it and then have that person see it and go 'huh? I don't know her' or think I am being weird, WTH is the feature for? LOL!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I gave a guy a check on my foe list. Still don't know what he was talking about or what I had to do with him being miserable. He hated everything even his homeland of Trinidad. His whole post was a list of his hates. I guess he was just drunk or something.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

All that matters is who your friends are!

You probably got a lot a people jealous with your great writing ability, your mental acuity and your two feet you stand up on and a voice you let be heard!

Those that hang in the shallow end of the gene pool? Pity them, they just can't stand it.

IMO *Foe* is childish and petty so leave them too it, you're better than that.

So foe away folks, just show's who's got sack and who doesn't.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Could also be that they are using Interclue a plug in for firefox
It happened to me a while back started getting friends and foes
from leaving the courser on recent posts and scrolling down the page while reading and the button is in direct line with friend/foe area and if it lingers over it for a over a few seconds , poof new friend or foe.

When I realized this one day I went through all my "foe " list to make them friends because I don't have any foes nor that plug in anymore.

I did mention it one day as a heads up in Boards and business but I guess it was skipped over

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have to crack up laughing when someone "foes" me to be honest. Usually it's just after a debate about something or other and I get the distinct impression that by "foeing" me the person thinks they are getting one up on me, or are giving me the finger so-to-speak.

It's at this exact point that peels of hysterical laughter can be heard emanating from the general vicinity of my computer.....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Wait ... does that mean they don't respect me?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Foe...how silly.

I got four 'people' that have made me a foe. I think it's kinda cool. I just substitute the word 'nemesis' and it makes me feel like a superhero. :p
The first one bothered me a little, but ATS is a good place to practice a little detachment.
Take it as a sign that you are more than a waste of skin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I had the same problem with Interclue. I suddenly started getting u2u's from people asking me why I foe'd them. I finally figured out that it was Interclue doing it.

[edit on 9/20/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

The first one bothered me a little, but ATS is a good place to practice a little detachment.

ROTFLMAO...oh, and spitting up grog!! It's kinda like combat; You just become detached, and forget

ATS is a training ground for mental prepardness; hey, now I like Your attitude Ks

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

There is nothing on my Foe list, but I believe a few have me as a foe ( 4 ).
No matter to me; they obviously got upset- these are the types that hold grudges. Infact they are like the naughty child that throws themselves kicking and screaming on the floor when they dont get their own way!
Laught it off. Its a crap utility anyway; if we didn't expect that some may disagree with or views, why are we hear?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You should feel proud. I am a little diappointed in myself for not havingany foes. I mean, after all I am a "religious bigot" as someone once pointed out. I guess I am just not opinionated enough and have a tendency to agree to disagree on too many subjects to actually get under someones skin...

(I'll be really disappointed if I get too many foes after this blanket statement!)

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Kryties

Wait ... does that mean they don't respect me?

Hehe I am sure that there are many "foes" out there that actually respect the person they have "foe'd" - just in my experience it's been more so they can stick the middle finger up at me. Just my personal experience really.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

As for adding friends to the friends list, funny but I have only added people to mine who I have been in u2u contact with over subjects. Other than that I feel I have many 'friends' on here, but I haven't quite figured out the critieria for mashing that button. I mean, I don't want to do it and then have that person see it and go 'huh? I don't know her' or think I am being weird, WTH is the feature for? LOL!

I tend to use FRIEND if somebody says something that is really correct or pleasing, to help me remember that they were so good one time...so later when I would have forgotten their previous good bit, and then they say something lame or unsuitable on some other subject, I see that they were friended so I won't be so hissy+vicious as I might be otherwise...a reminder that they had previously earned more consideration/respect in my book than someone random or unknown or average (some individuals I already remember & know that I approve of , the friend is for the new noticed now that I could still forget)
and I don't worry about if they think I'm weird for being overfriendly, since I don't actually want nothing from them anyway...it's just notation for my internal process, to help me behave better towards persons who might deserve better behavior, so I'm less likely to go off on the wrong person and then later feel regret

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Who wouldn't want a foe.. think of it, what would peter griffin be without the chicken... or superman without lex luthor... or god be without the devil.... hulk hogan without andre the giant.... ernie without bert

Foes are good, creates a desire to better them with your superior ability to write creative yet compelling arguments!

Cheers to the Foe!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join