It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everytime I go to Europe....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Whenever I go to Europe inevitably I always end up getting stuck into political and religious talks with the locals..... The question that is always brought up from everywhere in Europe is. "What is up with Fox News, how do you guys let them get away with it?"

My simple answer is.... Most people do not care enough to do anything.... we will just whine... and hope that it will fix itself.

Check out this video respone to Bill O'reilly it is amazing how much MSM can spin things out of control... Isn't Bill O'reilly the no spin zone? or is that Hannity?

Video

BTW, most of the time it is people from the UK that ask this question....

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Europe's a pretty big place.

Where is it again you were visiting?

You hear this rhetoric in the UK?

Somewhere else?

thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I'm not a fox person but I have to ask...

Why are they watching fox in the first place?
Could it be for the same reason millions here do?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Greece and Italy and from UK citizens that are originally from other countries in Europe such as Lithuania.

There has to be more of you out there that have had this asked.... it always seems to be brought up...

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When they come here to visit they watch Fox news...lol

One of my buddies in Warwick says it is banned on his interenet connection.....

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am a Brit I don't know anyone who watches Fox news. As far as I am aware it is not available in the UK other than on the net.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
We're having dinner with guests from France and Belgium this evening. If they bring up Fox news, I would be surprised, but since you asked, I'll tell you if it happens. No MSM news is worth much, but Fox has more of what we discuss here on ATS than any of the other ones. It's better than nothing!

One said he thought he saw a fox crossing the road, and the other said he was pretty sure it was a squirrel.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Don't worry, we have our own propaganda here but in my neighbourhood (The Netherlands) FOX will be watched on youtube when they lie through their teeth again, mostly for amazement and a good laugh. We only see the worse of FOX by the way, the only network that is broadly delivered here is CNN, never seen FOX on cable.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

So maybe you can answer why Fox is blocked in the UK is it because it is considered "Extremeist"? Also I would like to know too since I will be moving there in 4 month's

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
on that subject, you might like this!! it's not just fox, mostly it's fox, but the american news media, in general, is pretty weird.

not that european media is hugely better.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

To be honest...

In all fairness I take ANYTHING that the MSM networks show as news with a grain of salt. Not Just Fox.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

haha, BBC is state run media....I can't believe you guys get taxed on having a TV to watch... I think it is like 130 pounds a yr...that is ridiculous

Coming to America soon... Have a TV...we need a tax from you so you can watch it or we are taking it....lol

-Kdial

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If you have sky in the UK, I'm pretty sure you get FOX news. We used to until we cancelled the package to save a bit of money.

I can say that when we had it, we would watch it for about 5 minutes for a laugh, just to see how funny, mis-informed, opinionated (it's news, right?) and silly it was. Any longer than 5 minutes and it became tragic rather than funny.

*My two hoots*

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Not banned, most likely blocked by country IP, much as we can't view Jon Stewart vids on US site.

Yes, the TV license is an utter joke. I don't pay but they threaten you with a £1,000 fine or prison.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XHellcatX
If you have sky in the UK, I'm pretty sure you get FOX news. We used to until we cancelled the package to save a bit of money.

I can say that when we had it, we would watch it for about 5 minutes for a laugh, just to see how funny, mis-informed, opinionated (it's news, right?) and silly it was. Any longer than 5 minutes and it became tragic rather than funny.

*My two hoots*

And you are exactly who I am referring to about this post....people just like you wonder what is up with Fox news.

Well I would like to see what you find so offensive and or laughable?

Many people cannot see it and if you offer it from a perspective that you have. It may acutally make people think. and open up their minds to the BIGGER PICTURE of what is going on.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

We don't.

Any self-respecting Brit interested in a debate with an American over media views such on the internet more than anywhere else.
That is where we see the insanity of your country.

Believe me, we don't pay any attention to Fox, CNN, NBC... I don't even know if any of these can be received in the UK (but I guess they are available on Sky?)

We see the same "alternative media" on line, and it makes you look like a bunch of brain dead idiots.
I know you're not. But that's what your "news" forces many outsiders to believe.

We see it in documentaries, as quotes in other newsworthy stories or as parts of reports into other matters (usually on how the US propaganda machine is avoiding a subject and lying to the American people)

The thing is, you know it, and you still do nothing. You just come to places like this and complain about the same thing, but none of you actually do anything to change it.
You all seem completely unable to consolidate ideas and actually TALK to each other and find ways to change things.
Most of you know how bad things are, just look at various polls (the one on abolishing the FED is apparently 90% in favour so why aren't you actually doing anything!?)

Put the bucket of Chicken wings down, turn off American Idol and start talking to your neighbours, join groups and protest!

But, of course, you won't.

Complacency will destroy America, and it's the fault of the people.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Agreed. I never know if i should laugh or cry when i watch the news or any other current affairs program in my country. Long life the Internet at least it gives us the choice wich lie to believe in and sometimes we stumble upon the thruth.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Harman]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
haha, BBC is state run media....I can't believe you guys get taxed on having a TV to watch... I think it is like 130 pounds a yr...that is ridiculous

when you compare fox news to BBC news you quickly realise the wisdom in the old adage "you get what you pay for"!!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Glad to see this thread.

Bill O'Reilly is narcissistic, insecure and a bully. And his minions, unfortunately the faithful FOX "News" watchers, just cannot see him for the ignorant blowhard that he truly is.

FOX is rife with them....Glenn Beck most notably, just of late. Sean Hannity is vile too, but he's much, much smarter than many others on the network, and uses his brains for evil.....

I just finished reading this book, and it's hilarious, while being sad at the same time. Sad, because this boob is on TV, infecting millions of viewers...AND he has a syndicated radio show...AND a 'blog'.

There is a certain element in the USA who take the bait from this sort of "entertainment" (and that's all it is, it isn't news) and don't think clearly for themselves, don't actually research the bogus claims to see just how WRONG FOX is, most of the time.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Whenever I go to Europe inevitably I always end up getting stuck into political and religious talks with the locals..... The question that is always brought up from everywhere in Europe is. "What is up with Fox News, how do you guys let them get away with it?"

My simple answer is.... Most people do not care enough to do anything.... we will just whine... and hope that it will fix itself.

Check out this video respone to Bill O'reilly it is amazing how much MSM can spin things out of control... Isn't Bill O'reilly the no spin zone? or is that Hannity?

Video

BTW, most of the time it is people from the UK that ask this question....

-Kdial1

Speaking as a Brit, we LOVE Fox news, it is comedy gold. That anyone takes it seriously is hilarious to most of us.

Its available on Sky which is the largest by subscribers multi channel tv provider in the country (owned by Newscorp of course).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join