It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi religion founder accuses Tesco of discrimination over rules on hoods

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
reply to post by newworld

I think anyone trying to find an argument to justify this moronic belief is equally intellectually challenged and should get out more.

It isn't clever, it isn't cool, it isn't funny, it doesn't make a valid statement on religion and its treatment in modern society.

What it is are a few sad little nerds with nothing going on in their lives trying to make a point when it simply does not exist.

all I'm saying is threat ALL religions equally (ancient and modern, ridiculous and laughable as well as serious ones) OR allow people to openly mock ALL religions, both ancient and serious ones as well as modern and ridiculous ones.

you are calling the guy's beliefs moronic, who are YOU to decide what is moronic or not?

I could, at this very moment, create my own religion on a goddess of logic, and who are YOU to say that doing so is moronic?

I am an atheist and i believe all religious beliefs are laughable, but why should I make fun of other people's beliefs? they are all equally ridiculous in my eyes, but i will defend their right to believe in whatever they want.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by newworld

I think anyone trying to find an argument to justify this moronic belief is equally intellectually challenged and should get out more.

It isn't clever, it isn't cool, it isn't funny, it doesn't make a valid statement on religion and its treatment in modern society.

What it is are a few sad little nerds with nothing going on in their lives trying to make a point when it simply does not exist.

all I'm saying is threat ALL religions equally (ancient and modern, ridiculous and laughable as well as serious ones) OR allow people to openly mock ALL religions, both ancient and serious ones as well as modern and ridiculous ones.

you are calling the guy's beliefs moronic, who are YOU to decide what is moronic or not?

I could, at this very moment, create my own religion on a goddess of logic, and who are YOU to say that doing so is moronic?

I am an atheist and i believe all religious beliefs are laughable, but why should I make fun of other people's beliefs? they are all equally ridiculous in my eyes, but i will defend their right to believe in whatever they want.

I know exactly what you're saying. At the very least the majority of existing religions have a historical context even if they are not in any way based on anything proveable.

Jedi is NOT a genuine belief, it was a POINT SCORING EXERCISE in the UK 2001 census.

It is something only the saddest of the sad will ever say and is NOT a basis for a religion.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I know exactly what you're saying. At the very least the majority of existing religions have a historical context even if they are not in any way based on anything proveable.

Jedi is NOT a genuine belief, it was a POINT SCORING EXERCISE in the UK 2001 census.

It is something only the saddest of the sad will ever say and is NOT a basis for a religion.

and exactly why can't it be a basis for a religion? It is no different basing a belief system in a movie than basing it on some book.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

and exactly why can't it be a basis for a religion? It is no different basing a belief system in a movie than basing it on some book.

You assume i think that the basis for other religions is valid. I've never said as much.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hypocritical or not, tough. It isn't going to happen. We have enough hassle due to religious dogma as it is, most people will not accept such a ridiculous belief from these idiots.

Well its a lot safer than Heaven's Gate, Waco, or Jones Town...

Just so long as they don't serve Kool-Aid

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

HaHa i laughed so hard, you typed what i was basically thinking when i read this. these forums never cease to entertain me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer

HaHa i laughed so hard, you typed what i was basically thinking when i read this. these forums never cease to entertain me.

Me too! There are some right old crackerjacks on here.. comedy gold!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Grrr Tesco's are evil. But i'm happy to be a thorn in their side.

I've had many an arguement with store managers over my right to be able to purchase alcohol WITHOUT the need to carry ID around with me.

Same here in Las Vegas.... Tesco came to town and opened 60 or so Fresh and Easy grocery stores. They use automatic tellers to checkout. The auto teller requires proof of ID to sell you alchohol so you have to show it to the attendant who then punches that into the machine...

Needless to say I told them where they could stick their beer... (I'm in my 50's not about to be carded
) Someone needs to take them to court over this..
Maybe that would be a worthy cause for the Jedi Knights

Now as to EVIL... when Fresh and Easy came to town I wanted to know who could spend that much money in a tough economy... so I traced it back to Tesco (a fact not mentioned on F&E's website...

Tesco comes to America

Later this year Tesco will open at least 21 stores in this arid city and plenty more—it will not say how many—in Las Vegas, San Diego and Los Angeles. It plans to pepper some of America's fastest-growing states with Fresh & Easy local groceries at a rate of three a week. Tesco has identified as many as 100 sites to begin its £250m a year ($500m) campaign. Rumour has it that a new warehouse just east of Los Angeles could alone supply some 400 stores. …

www.economist.com...

So who is this Tesco?

Well they are partners with the Royal Bank of Scotland and here is the list of what else they are up to
dictionary.sensagent.com...

I also traced them back to Royal Dutch Shell but I didn't save that document. They claim that RDS is their competition but I don't think so

This is the 'Illuminati at Work" if there ever was one

So let the Jedi's have at them

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
And so everyone mocks the Jedi religion? They are having PEACEFUL fun and you guys feel the need to detract from their cause?

Are people trying to sound moronic, or does it come out naturally?

Judge less, sheeple.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Double standards...

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

Animal Farm

S & F

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Many is too

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Does the Jedi Religion say that they must wear their hoods up while in public and is it a recognized religion in the UK?

If the answer is yes to both of these questions then he could have a case, if the answer is no to one of these questions then he doesn't have a case.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join