It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jedi religion founder accuses Tesco of discrimination over rules on hoods

page: 4
3
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
I sadly used to work at Tesco and Security always knows the trouble makers from the general area. even if there was theft from customers then staff are trained not to tackle the thief but to report the activity to the store manager or security. Customers coming in wearing Hoodies, Robes or anything else has no relevant effect to the store workers and is only a issue towards security who want to protect the stores overpriced stock from being stolen.

The same is said with Age Identification, the store intimidates said persons from buying certain products so as that the person in question will eventually succumb to buying an official government ID card (which costs 5 pounds currently until the new ID cards come in place with the biometric rubbish.) Again another ploy to push sales encouraging more money towards the Governments pockets. We was trained this from the first day we started.


You sound like a bitter ex employee. Says a lot about your point of view.




posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by newworld
 


I think anyone trying to find an argument to justify this moronic belief is equally intellectually challenged and should get out more.

It isn't clever, it isn't cool, it isn't funny, it doesn't make a valid statement on religion and its treatment in modern society.

What it is are a few sad little nerds with nothing going on in their lives trying to make a point when it simply does not exist.



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by KSPigpen

How is THAT fictional sect any different from what we would perceive as someone else's fictional sect?




Whereas with this Jedi Cult, we know beyond a shadow of doubt that it's based on simple Hollywood Entertainment, i.e a movie. If people want to create a religion based on that, they should expect that most people simply aren't going to take them seriously. Like it or not, that's the reality of the situation.

Ohh.. I forgot... these guys think their Jedi's. I guess their grip on reality isn't that great after all.

IRM


Umm so this concept is based on a Hollywood movie ehh
? So a everlasting energy , that is found in everything around us and is like a spark of creation in every living thing (lets call it "force" ) in the universe , is a concept of Hollywood


I would say this idea was around way before Jesus was even planned


Just because some director thought this would be a great idea to fit into his sci fi movie does not mean he created it .



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen
 


Hypocritical or not, tough. It isn't going to happen. We have enough hassle due to religious dogma as it is, most people will not accept such a ridiculous belief from these idiots.



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by KSPigpen

How is THAT fictional sect any different from what we would perceive as someone else's fictional sect?




Whereas with this Jedi Cult, we know beyond a shadow of doubt that it's based on simple Hollywood Entertainment, i.e a movie. If people want to create a religion based on that, they should expect that most people simply aren't going to take them seriously. Like it or not, that's the reality of the situation.

Ohh.. I forgot... these guys think their Jedi's. I guess their grip on reality isn't that great after all.

IRM


Umm so this concept is based on a Hollywood movie ehh
? So a everlasting energy , that is found in everything around us and is like a spark of creation in every living thing (lets call it "force" ) in the universe , is a concept of Hollywood


I would say this idea was around way before Jesus was even planned


Just because some director thought this would be a great idea to fit into his sci fi movie does not mean he created it .


Actually, this whole thing started as a response to the religion question in the UK 2001 census, which, incidentally, this little boy wasn't old enough to respond to at the time.



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Umm so this concept is based on a Hollywood movie ehh
? So a everlasting energy , that is found in everything around us and is like a spark of creation in every living thing (lets call it "force" ) in the universe , is a concept of Hollywood


I would say this idea was around way before Jesus was even planned


Just because some director thought this would be a great idea to fit into his sci fi movie does not mean he created it .


You're creating your own subtext. I'm talking about Jedi's mate and yes, they are purely fictional, based on a Hollywood movie!

Yeah I agree that energy (not force) is a fundamental property of the universe, however it doesn't give us magical powers ala Jedi Knights. If these guys want to run around in hoodies pretending they are Luke Skywalker, creating their own religion around it, power to em, but they can't expect credibility and for people to take them seriously.

That's just how it is in this world. It's not my fault, I'm just stating the obvious.

IRM

IRM



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I found a Jedi Hymn!



[edit on 20-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi
 


I think what happened was fine, given they repeat the treatment to other religious groups as well.

This is assuming;
His "religion" is legally valid? ( I don't want to say real because no religion is based on "reality")



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Wow....People are actually apart of that?? Who do they pray to....yoda?


Jesus verses Yoda -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by moocowman]



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

If he's a Master, I at least want to see him levitate a pineapple using the force.
Most Padawans I know can at least do that
.


I think the store was more concernd - with that big concealing cloak- of him lifting shop (ie-ipods, watches, small things like that)



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
He should have just waved his hand and said, " I don't need to take my hood down".

Maybe the store has Sith leanings.

Anyways I still think it's funny



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Grrr Tesco's are evil. But i'm happy to be a thorn in their side.

I've had many an arguement with store managers over my right to be able to purchase alcohol WITHOUT the need to carry ID around with me.

I'm in my late twenties, but look young (when i'm unshaven) although i am six foot foor. Basically my gripe comes down to Tescos refusing to serve me alcohol because i don't look 25 years old. Even though i'm older than that.

I politely point out that the law states i have to be 18, the manager then responds by saying 'yes but you need to look 25', I tell them that they are basically telling me to adhere to store policies of a multi-million pound company over the law of the land.

They get confused. I tell them i don't need to carry ID as there is no law dictating this and their actions are tantamount to pushing fascism forward in the social order. They get confused. They then repeat the usual droning monotony of 'store policies and needing to look 25'

I then ask them did they not hear what i said. I tell them i'm older than that and it's not a crime to look younger, especially when they sell moisturisers 'to help skin look younger'. They then start getting slightly angry but have to bite their lip.

I tell them once again there is no legal requirement to have to look 25, it's simply a policy set in place to brainwash the masses into feeling like they need to carry ID to introduce some sort of Orwellian nightmarish frame work into the local structure.

The manager gets confused again and starts getting flushed in the cheeks. The manager repeats the policy mantra and tells me 'NO ID, no alcohol'

I ask them why... They repeat, I repeat, they repeat until i either get kicked out of the store or ruin the managers day and make him or her consider a better career or get served the alcohol.

The same with the check out operator. If i get asked for proof of age, i instantly ask to see the manager. This annoys the cashier as to my knowledge they are being timed on the tills as to the flow of products, this also annoys the customers stood behind me, but at the end of the day, im legal, im entitled to the ale and i'm sure as hell not going to be refused my legal right to purchase alcohol without a debate.

Some of you may think i'm being 'picky' and that i should just bite the bullet and purchase ID, but that is just not in my nature for all the above reasons.

It angers me, but i like to think it makes them think twice.



On topic: If they don't want people wearing hoods, they should stop selling hoodies, if they dont want young looking people buying alcohol they should stop selling products that make people look younger.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by mr-lizard]



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi


Daniel Jones, founder of the religion inspired by the Star Wars films, says he was humiliated and victimised for his beliefs


funny, most people would think running around DRESSED like a jedi in public would be enough to achieve that affect, hahaha.

also Jedi's only wear their hood up when they wish to remain incognito, or are on a mission that requires stealth tactics, so if he was actually any where near the actual "mind-set" of a jedi he would know and understand this.

Conversely; Siths almost exclusively always wear their hoods up.

This dude is claiming he has been wronged, but only Sith deal in absolutes...

If he actually had ANY UNDERSTANDING AT ALL of the jedi order he would be familiar with the tactics of a Consular and their supreme negotiation skills, but he sounds much more like a nerf hearder...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On facebook I claim my religion to be a "christian Hip hop Jedi"


Christianity and Jedi are VERY and I mean RIDICULOUSLY similar.

Jedi even have their own "christ like" figure - Jedi Knight Revan of the old republic

Essentially, its a mindset. Christians are taught to give without thought of reward, exactly like Jedi's. Lucas was heavy into Dune and eastern religions, so Jedi's take aspects from pretty much all religions, because the essence of most every religion on earth is to basically be a nice person and do everything you do with the best intentions.



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
Actually, this whole thing started as a response to the religion question in the UK 2001 census, which, incidentally, this little boy wasn't old enough to respond to at the time.

Exactly. I don't know how he think he can claim to have 'founded' the religion. I was a Jedi long before he was



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Yeah I agree that energy (not force) is a fundamental property of the universe, however it doesn't give us magical powers ala Jedi Knights. If these guys want to run around in hoodies pretending they are Luke Skywalker, creating their own religion around it, power to em, but they can't expect credibility and for people to take them seriously.

That's just how it is in this world. It's not my fault, I'm just stating the obvious.

IRM

IRM


Actually Buddhist for example would disagree with You on the fact that controlling the "energy" will not give You "magickal" abilities


I might be wrong as it has been some time when I check out their religion but from what I remember they do not pretend to be Luke or Yoda , they simply follow the idea of the Jedi Religion (as in deep meditations , mind over matter , emotion control ---- ringing a bell with some other religion hmm ?
)

Just because they want to call themselves jedi like in the movie does not mean that the religion has no basis. OF course that is also a marketing pitch to get more followers that consider the fact that the idea portrayed in the movie might have some merit in the real world.

"but they can't expect credibility and for people to take them seriously."

Umm well ya I would say it will take them give or take about 2000 years before they get enough followers and legend around their religion to be considered a "commonly accepted religion " . I would guess some Romans about 2000 years ago had the same idea of those few wackos that followed that weird guy in with long hair and a beard


But hey That's just how it is in this world. It's not my fault, I'm just stating the obvious.


[edit on 20-9-2009 by Thill]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Thill]



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi
 



Can someone introduce me to this Jedi religion?



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
He should have just waved his hand and said, " I don't need to take my hood down".

Maybe the store has Sith leanings.

Anyways I still think it's funny


That's what I was going to say. If that doesn't work, he should turn to the dark side and hit the guy with some Force Lightning. If nothing else, just whip out the light saber and lop the store manager's arm off.

It's a shame, Jedi's just haven't been the same since the fall of the republic.



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
(brings finger tips together)
Good, my evil plans to bring the jedi to their knees is working, soon the sith shall emerge victorious!

"...At last we shall have our revenge." -Darth Maul



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Grrr Tesco's are evil. But i'm happy to be a thorn in their side.

I've had many an arguement with store managers over my right to be able to purchase alcohol WITHOUT the need to carry ID around with me.

I'm in my late twenties, but look young (when i'm unshaven) although i am six foot foor. Basically my gripe comes down to Tescos refusing to serve me alcohol because i don't look 25 years old. Even though i'm older than that.

I politely point out that the law states i have to be 18, the manager then responds by saying 'yes but you need to look 25', I tell them that they are basically telling me to adhere to store policies of a multi-million pound company over the law of the land.

They get confused. I tell them i don't need to carry ID as there is no law dictating this and their actions are tantamount to pushing fascism forward in the social order. They get confused. They then repeat the usual droning monotony of 'store policies and needing to look 25'

I then ask them did they not hear what i said. I tell them i'm older than that and it's not a crime to look younger, especially when they sell moisturisers 'to help skin look younger'. They then start getting slightly angry but have to bite their lip.

I tell them once again there is no legal requirement to have to look 25, it's simply a policy set in place to brainwash the masses into feeling like they need to carry ID to introduce some sort of Orwellian nightmarish frame work into the local structure.

The manager gets confused again and starts getting flushed in the cheeks. The manager repeats the policy mantra and tells me 'NO ID, no alcohol'

I ask them why... They repeat, I repeat, they repeat until i either get kicked out of the store or ruin the managers day and make him or her consider a better career or get served the alcohol.

The same with the check out operator. If i get asked for proof of age, i instantly ask to see the manager. This annoys the cashier as to my knowledge they are being timed on the tills as to the flow of products, this also annoys the customers stood behind me, but at the end of the day, im legal, im entitled to the ale and i'm sure as hell not going to be refused my legal right to purchase alcohol without a debate.

Some of you may think i'm being 'picky' and that i should just bite the bullet and purchase ID, but that is just not in my nature for all the above reasons.

It angers me, but i like to think it makes them think twice.



On topic: If they don't want people wearing hoods, they should stop selling hoodies, if they dont want young looking people buying alcohol they should stop selling products that make people look younger.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by mr-lizard]


They don't have to serve you for any product. Get over yourself!



posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
reply to post by paraphi
 



Can someone introduce me to this Jedi religion?



If you want to live a boring life, yeah go waste time at that jedi temple and listen to Skywalker go on and on about how great his daddy was, how awesome obi wan was, and how wise and spectacular that little green tree stump in the form of yoda was. But if you want to be introduced to the real deal, join the sith. We are just cool anyway, plus we do free face painting/tattooing and every saturday we get together for a bbq and we always have cookies and cake at our meetings. Plus we also give free sith t shirts, dark sith robes, a red lightsaber, a certificate with your chosen sith name and a novelty Darth Vador helmets filled with M&Ms to new members.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join