It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi religion founder accuses Tesco of discrimination over rules on hoods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Do those people in the jedi religion believe star wars is real

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
What kind of person over 15 bases their beliefs on a Hollywood movie?

The kind of person who wants tax free status.
If the Scientology group can be a religion, then why can't my
Jedi Order be a religion?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

It IS real. You just choose not to believe.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

No. From what I have heard about this supposed religion is that they study and believe in the Force and the metaphysical aspects therein. The actual physical canon really doesn't play into it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
"This isn't the thread you're looking for".

"You can go about your business".

If this chap was a REAL Jedi then he should be arrested for carrying a light-sabre.... a lethal weapon in public without a licence.

Nuts...does he levitate his shopping to the checkout instead of using a basket?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Really, this is worthy of being on ATS. I come on. I can see it being a government control issue and conformity backlash, but I think that ATS can have some better things to talk about. Though it is quite funny.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
now let's look at this logically before making fun of this. This guy says that according to his religion, which has a big following by the way, he could go to the store with the hood on. the store decides to ridicule him for his supposed beliefs.

so why is this ATS worthy? because next time something like this happens it could be someone from one of the thousands of not well know religions out there. If it was a muslim then no one would have said anything, but because it is some religion many people view as ridiculous or don't know about, then it is okay to make fun of them?

his religion is as ridiculous as those religions based on an ancient fairy tale book, why make fun of him and make him conform to rules that are against his beliefs?

next time it might be someone from a completely and more serious religion, and then things could get pretty bad, all for making fun of different beliefs.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Wow....People are actually apart of that?? Who do they pray to....yoda?

No Yoda was a Master... it's the 'force' that is the 'god'. Considering that 90 plus percent of the Universe is made up plasma energy, belivimg in an all powerful 'force' as the 'creator' is not really that far fetched. In fact the old world esoteric societies did just that... and the 'secrets' that everyone assigns to the so called 'Illuminati" are no more than secrets on how to manipulate the 'force' to do your will

Jesus was also a Master... he told you faith could move a mountain. Just like Yoda's speech to Luke about the spaceship... no one took Jesus at his word either... he meant it literally

Luke - "I don't believe it"

Yoda - "That is why you fail"

So mote it be

[edit on 19-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Do they use toy light sabers in their sacraments?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Most all religions do require their members to wear a hood or head covering.

This is symbolic of the Brother-hood alliance.

All religions are in covenant with the Serpent Cult.

Does this not look cobra-esque: www.mistressofthevatican.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As an official member of the UK branch of the Jedi religion, i would like to say "down with this sort of thing!"

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The force is with you young Zorgon.
- Go Here For Guidance & Your 1st Light Saber -

May the force be with you.

- Embrace Your Destiny Here -

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
reply to post by mmiichael

No worst that beliving in the bible or the Koran, and you have insulted me because of my beliefs. It that within the T&Cs on ATS?

My entire message:

"What kind of person over 15 bases their beliefs on a Hollywood movie?"

You've provided an answer.

The Bible and Koran for right or wrong were seriousl attempts to codify ethics and morality.

Star Wars was a fictional commercial entertainment from George Lucas, who notably does not wear a hooded robe in public.

Am I to believe he is the Creator?

btw I do not discriminate against people of the Jedi faith. But I do wonder.

M

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I thought only the Jedi Masters wore hoods...
It's quite obvious this young chippie is nothing but a Padawan!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The force is with you young Zorgon.

When 800 years old you are, learn a thing or two you do.... though I am far from a Master yet

Originally posted by mmiichael
Star Wars was a fictional commercial entertainment from George Lucas, who notably does not wear a hooded robe in public.

Am I to believe he is the Creator?

btw I do not discriminate against people of the Jedi faith. But I do wonder.

Moses wrote many books in the Bible... does that make him the Creator in the eyes of Christians?

The Qu'ran was dictated by the angel Gabriel to the prophet Muhhamad and because he could not read or write, he was ordered to recite it to those who later put it to print. Does this mean that Muhhamad is the Creator?

George Lucas, using the voice of Yoda, and the 'ways of the force' has merely taken from old mystic philosophies that have been taught in the secret mysteries schools for thousands of years

In the end it does not matter which religion or belief you follow, or even if you are an atheist... because in the end the truth will meet you face to face...

If indeed there is no after life, and we are to be naught but worm food... then it is a moot point

If on the other hand there IS something after... and our life force in some way survives, then all that matters is if you live your life with honor and integrity... so that in CASE you have to meet your maker... at least you can stand up and say proudly... "I did no harm"

Matters not who or what you believe your maker is

Ancient Rosicrucian Secret...

Imagine for a moment a string of light bulbs like those in a Mediterranean market... each bulb individual and glowing brightly...

Each bulb can be on or off... be a shining example or just a lifeless presence
A bulb can be broken and cease to illuminate... thus in effect be 'dead'

But what of the energy that gives the bulbs the power to shine? Where has it gone? Does it no still exist in the circuit? Science tells us '"Energy cannot be destroyed"

Well then if that is true, how can life energy be destroyed? Surely you believe science? So that 'life force' that flows through us now has to go somewhere

And just as each electron maintains it's individual existence... so too does our life force...

Now then... having just divulged the 'Wisdom of the Ages' I must say to the 'Hooded One' making all the fuss...

Take off your hood when in the store... its a sign of respect. You will not see a Tibetan or Buddhist or Taoist monk wear his hood when is such a situation

If your going to embrace the ways of the Jedi as a true religion... then do it right or do it not... Just like the Knighthoods of Olde... there is a code of honor... if you are 'just playing' then you don't 'get it'

[edit on 19-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Do those people in the jedi religion believe star wars is real

Am I the only one that got the joke?
The force must be strong with me.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
All religions are in covenant with the Serpent Cult.

It was the Serpent who gave man wisdom and knowledge...

The other guy wants you to give up free will and be a blind sheep

"The Lord is THY Shepherd... thou shall not want..."

In Hinduism the Kundalini is known as The Serpent Energy

Looking at most of the modern publications1 on Kundalini, it seems obvious that nothing is known of the roots of religious knowledge. According to the quoted ancient sources, Kundalini is the most subtle, the holiest and mightiest force of the universe, which, only under certain circumstances, is accessible to mortals. These superlatives are meant literally. Even the “Rishis”, the saints/sages, who communicated with the Gods themselves were not allowed to awaken the Kundalini in human beings. Bearing this in mind, one should consider carefully advertisements for “Kundalini-Seminars” or similar offers. Kundalini is not a discovery of our times, she has been described thousands of years before Jesus Christ; and the knowledge we have got has come through old Indian scriptures.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

The Kundalini is described as

" Shankaracharya (8th century AD) says in the Saundarya Lahari (see above) in the 10th verse: “..Thyself assuming the form of a serpent of three-and-a-half coil, sleepest Thou in the hollow of the Kulakunda”.

This force entwines itself like a serpent around your spine and gives you god like powers.... kinda like the Goa'uld symbiot in Stargate SG1, though you still have the control

Imagine if the Bible story is wrong and we are rooting for the wrong team?

Don't forget that the twin serpents on a staff is our medical symbol today

Makes ya think huh?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

I thought only the Jedi Masters wore hoods...
It's quite obvious this young chippie is nothing but a Padawan!

Well I see a problem with this....

How long does it take to become a Jedi Knight? And more to the point how long does it take to become a Master that can then teach?

They must all be Padawans... unless a Master came from somewhere else...

Who was the first in the Order and how did he/she get qualified?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
why didnt he just use the force to make then ignore their rules.."You have to take off your hood in here" ~wave the hand"you can bend the rules for me" " I can bend the rules for you" ..simple..unless the store clerk was very strong minded... or he was a hut.... I think you could make a light saber though, a guy on utube make a lighter with alaser so... and as for being a religion, go for it, people belive a guy named joseph smith looked into a hat and saw gods message so...

The founder must not be a good jedi, or he would have removed his hood, think of it, they take off their hood in the movie when the enter the bar on the sand planet...

I think hes a puss, and a weak minded wannabe jedi
Areal Jedi uses his mind....not his lawyer...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
As an official member of the UK branch of the Jedi religion, i would like to say "down with this sort of thing!"

Would that be THIS group?

www.jedichurch.org...

Seems they want 20.00 to join

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join