It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tosses an Ally Overboard --and We Get Zip

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Only a small point, but Poland is not an ally of America.

Since when have the Polish military fought beside America in Iraq ?

No Poland is no ally.
Friend maybe, but that ain't the same as being an ally in a war.

And neither is Turkey an ally.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yet another Obama bashing thread. Boy y'all just love to bash the guy.

There is no thinking, just broad range attacks against any move this guy makes. It doesn't matter what it is, good or bad, this guy can't catch a break.

If he went forward with this plan it would be "Obama spending us into debt, putting useless missile shield against a non aggressive trading partner."

The guy can't win for trying.

We don't need the missile shield. We can't afford it. We spent billions of dollars bailing out conservative owned financial companies.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yet another Obama bashing thread. Boy y'all just love to bash the guy.

Well, he kind of deserves it, I think, and I was Go Obama! before last elections, but he has shown that - while he is quite charismatic - he is also very pragmatic and compromises too much! Economically, he makes absolute sense - in a depression pump lots of money into the economy. The EU on the other hand relies solely on balancing the budget and severe austerity measures.

There is no thinking, just broad range attacks against any move this guy makes. It doesn't matter what it is, good or bad, this guy can't catch a break.

Yeah, he just can't get it right, can he? Poor Obama ... To some extent this natural though: where I live the one in power has to take all the brunt for the tragic state of our economy, while the opposition tries to regain ground. Less compromises, less teleprompter, would have been a wiser choice for Obama, IMHO.

If he went forward with this plan it would be "Obama spending us into debt, putting useless missile shield against a non aggressive trading partner."

As I said, he's the only one making sense: in a depression pump lots of money into the Economy. Trust me the other way, i.e. severe austerity measures and trying to balance the budget, less spending etc. does not work either. Case in point: Greece where I live ...

The guy can't win for trying.

We don't need the missile shield. We can't afford it. We spent billions of dollars bailing out conservative owned financial companies.

Well, he should try harder! Less charismatic PR and teleprompter dialogues on TV and more tangible change: "Change, we can believe in!" Less lies, more truth and more deeds. If it consoles you somehow, IMHO, Obama's image is much better over here in the EU than in the USA. In my opinion, he took last election by storm due to his charisma, but if he wants a second turn in office, he must show more than charisma.

edit on 07/10/2010 by WalterRatlos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Only a small point, but Poland is not an ally of America.

Since when have the Polish military fought beside America in Iraq ?

No Poland is no ally.
Friend maybe, but that ain't the same as being an ally in a war.

And neither is Turkey an ally.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by Silver Shadow]

Poland was not officialy listed as participant in the attack phase of war in iraq. but our whole special forces were there in secret. thats why we got so big part of iraq after the initial invasion ..

remember stabilisation zones? (or whatever these were called)

and i do not write this to brag or anything just correcting You (with respect).

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join