It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Israel do it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Okay with the growing concern about an impending Israeli attack on Iran, I pose a simple question - How will they get there? What airspace will they use and will the US give permission to fly over Iraq?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b83de9ecb4b8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
we wont have to... even if we told them not to publically, we would never shoot down their aircraft...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I doubt airspace would be an issue. No one is going to try to stop them until they get to Iran. They have already buzzed Jordan and bombed Syria with no resistance. They could strip F-16s down and make it there, but they won't make it back, which means landing in Iraq, ditching in the Gulf or Caspian Sea, depending on where the targets are. Landing in Iraq would be the most troubling for the US. Would Obama sit by and watch the Israeli pilots be lynched, or commit troops to rescue them? I'm guessing the earlier.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Also wouldn't there be an issue with refueling? If the U.S. has to help this happen then why not just do it ourselves??

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm sure they have a refueling capability. A Tanker could loiter over the Persian Gulf in international air space to refuel them for the flight home.

OK, I'm not sure, but I would expect that to be the case.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

look at past wars in recent history...

President McKinley told the American people that the USS Maine had been sunk in Havana Harbor by a Spanish mine. The American people, outraged by this apparent unprovoked attack, supported the Spanish American War. The Captain of the USS Maine had insisted the ship was sunk by a coal bin explosion, investigations after the war proved that such had indeed been the case. There had been no mine.

Hitler used this principle of lying to his own people to initiate an invasion. He told the people of Germany that Poland had attacked first and staged fake attacks against German targets. The Germans, convinced they were being threatened, followed Hitler into Poland and into World War 2.

FDR claimed Pearl Harbor was a surprise attack. It wasn't. The United States saw war with Japan as the means to get into war with Germany, which Americans opposed. So Roosevelt needed Japan to appear to strike first. Following an 8-step plan devised by the Office of Naval Intelligence, Roosevelt intentionally provoked Japan into the attack. Contrary to the official story, the fleet did not maintain radio silence, but sent messages intercepted and decoded by US intercept stations. Tricked by the lie of a surprise attack, Americans marched off to war.

President Johnson lied about the Gulf of Tonkin to send Americans off to fight in Vietnam. There were no torpedoes in the water in the Gulf. LBJ took advantage of an inexperienced sonar man's report to goad Congress into escalating the Vietnam War.

Bush Jr invaded Iraq and Afghanistan when there was no evidence either nation had anything to do with 9/11.

I'm sure Israel can come up with something creative.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
I'm sure they have a refueling capability. A Tanker could loiter over the Persian Gulf in international air space to refuel them for the flight home.

OK, I'm not sure, but I would expect that to be the case.

The IAF certainly has the capability of aerial refueling. Among the air force are Boeing 707-320's and Hercules C-130's, both capable of long haul flights to Iran to refuel fighter jets. If I remember correctly, Nevatim Airbase near Be'er Sheva is where their main refueling squadrons are based.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, he was pretty much asking how they'll do it --how will they get there, not how will they start everything. But as long as we're there...

If these really are the End Times, I wouldn't put it past them to do something to the Temple Mount to make way for the 3rd Temple, then attack Iran saying they did it. They're already digging underneath there anyway and they already have ALL materials ready for the 3rd Temple --all pre-fab concrete is made and stored in a storage yard (you can find pics of this massive yard online), all priestly garments and vessels are built according to God specifications, etc.

It's sad that man has stooped so low as to attack himself so they can attack others.

As far as how would Israel get to Iran --good question. Obviously if Iran "attacked" Israel the USA would give them full support to fly over whatever Israel needs to get to "redeem" themselves and retaliate.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Refueling capability isn't the problem. They would most likely have to refuel in Iraqi airspace. While the US would not help, they would not attack the Israeli planes, either, so would be just as guilty in the eyes of Iran, as if they had participated.
What Israel really needs is an aircraft carrier...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Obviously they will do an end around through Saudi airspace Um, they already gave permission for this. No, I have no link. I read it on ATS and so it must be true. lol.
I wonder sometimes about Israel. The Lebanon War in 2006. The Gaza crap earlier this year. If Israel was set upon destruction and genocide, I can oly say, oops. They are a failure Not even in my opinion.

A soldier was kidnapped and we had the latest Lebanon war.
Rockets, that hurt mostly nothing caused the Gaze excursion.

Oh they look so weak, while expending so much.

It's a ruse, folks,

It's experimental, It's how far we can push for a single guard. It's how far can we push for a few rockets that actually killed or injured people.

It's let's try out some of these arms and practice destroying infrastructure.

Come on folks. Israel could decimate Gaza. They could create a no man's land out of Lebanon. But they can't decimate Iran, without the help of bigger countries. U.S.A., Russia and Saudi Arabia. US has always been on board. Saudi Arabia has been on board a long time.They are the dominant Arab country in the region. And now, Netanyahoooo visited Russia, and the US suddenly decides long range missle defences are no longer a threat to northern Europe. Now we just need short and medium range missle defenses. Where are those going to be placed?

I'm just saying. I'm sure others who are more intellgent and have more perseverence than me can straighten out these ideas I have been ramblng on about.

Meanwhile.............Israel, backed up by U.S. might, not a win situation.

Risk. A fun game. A successful Australia Sitter is good. But, I have found out that eventually, control of the mideast, while requriing great strength and fortitude, wins the game. But, when you toss into the mix, like the European game rules, it is much more difficult and requires trust and alliances. Oh, how real world this is! It's been a long time since I played Risk, but I'd like to see a nuclear option. Just for fun, you know.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The Saudi Regime may welcome an Israeli strike against Iran- they are scared of a nuclear-armed Iran. Publicly helping Israel, however, would lead to revolution and their overthrow. Overlooking a flight of F-16s through their airspace is different than allowing Israel to use their airspace for refueling.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The first wave will be drones, disguised 'electronically' as fighterjets.
When all the AA missiles have blown the drones out of the skies the jets will attack.

They will fly over Iraq, and have refueling craft sitting over Iraqi airspace.

Once they hit Iran, they'll turn back to Iraq, refuel, then return home.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Obviously they will do an end around through Saudi airspace Um, they already gave permission for this. No, I have no link.

I also believe the Saudis gave them permission:

Source

Source

Source

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Let's hope it is not a certainty yet. Wow, look at the size of those countries surrounding Israel. One would think there is plenty of room for Palestinian refugees to be accommodated. I guess it is just easier to ignore their plight and keep them suffering and angry so that the smallest country in the region can be blamed.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia will most definitely let them fly-over. Will it be publicly stated? No way. Have they given the Israelis private assurance that as long as they are going to Iran to bomb their nuclear facilities and get out, then they will allow passage? Yes.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Saudi Arabia's air traffic control may experience a "glitch" if they do allow Israel to strike Iran. Of course, those glitches can be planes that aren't there or even radar installations that stop sweeping.
And to think, people have publicly stated that the Arab countries would unite against Israel in the event of an attack on Iran.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Personally I think a 2 pronged attack would take place.. The closer targets taken out by Israeli Jets with the further targets taken out by Dolphin based cruise missiles.

This would mitigate any of the losses that would potentially be incured by long flights over Iran.

You would also have back up should one or the other attack fail.

However I do hope it won't come to that, as there would be little scope to pull back from the brink.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't know for sure, do any of us???

The one thing I know for sure, was posted by another member (forgot name, sorry)
Whatever method(s) used, it will not be any conventional or normally expected method).

Israel is well know for not using conventional war tactic's.

This has allowed them to be successful in wars, over and over again against several enemy states at once.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well according to the Ruskies, Israel has said they wont be attacking Iran. Of course thats what the Ruskies say....who knows?

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Personally I think a 2 pronged attack would take place.. The closer targets taken out by Israeli Jets with the further targets taken out by Dolphin based cruise missiles.

This would mitigate any of the losses that would potentially be incured by long flights over Iran.

You would also have back up should one or the other attack fail.

However I do hope it won't come to that, as there would be little scope to pull back from the brink.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They have probably tunneled under the Iraq accross the Iran boarder

[edit on 20-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join