It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reports fake murder story from ACORN video as fact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

This isn't about the child prostitution ring tape for goodness sakes.

This is about Fox news "reporting" on a story from a second hand source without even caring about the integrity of the source. They want to bash ACORN, and rightfully so, and that's ALL they care about.

If you guys want to discuss the previous videos, I've conveniently provided links for you:

Prostitution video:
ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

ACORN scandel [sic] part 2- they did it again

ACORN scandal growing, third video made public

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If FOX was so WRONG then why is this the latest press release from ACORN

ACORN Announces Major Steps to Address Issues Raised by Videos
September 16, 2009

In response to recently released videos of frontline ACORN staff, ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis made the following announcement Wednesday morning:

"As a result of the indefensible action of a handful of our employees, I am, in consultation with ACORN's Executive Committee1, immediately ordering a halt to any new intakes into ACORN's service programs until completion of an independent review. I have also communicated with ACORN's independent Advisory Council, and they will assist ACORN in naming an independent auditor and investigator to conduct a thorough review of all of the organizations relevant systems and processes. That reviewer, to be named within 48 hours, will make recommendations directly to me and to the full ACORN Board. We enter this process with a commitment that all recommendations will be implemented."

Ms. Lewis is specifically ordering the following steps be taken effective noon eastern on September 16, 2009:

* No new intakes will be accepted into ACORN's offices for service programs, effective immediately;

* An immediate in-service training for all frontline staff has been ordered within 48 hours;

* ACORN's independent Advisory Council will help select an independent auditor/reviewer no later than September 18th to review all of the systems and processes called into question by the videos.

In early 2009, ACORN set up an independent Advisory Council to help facilitate a transition to a new management team under the leadership of CEO Bertha Lewis. Lewis was appointed to the job in the fall of 2008 after disclosure of a set of improper management decisions by the founder of the organization, who had led ACORN for 38 years. ACORN's Advisory Council includes:

* John Podesta, President and CEO, Center for American Progress

* Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, Board Member, RFK Foundation, former MD Lt. Governor

* Andrew Stern, International President, Service Employees International Union

* Henry Cisneros, Executive Chairman, Cityview

* John Banks, Vice President of Government Relations Con Ed

* Eric Eve, Senior VP of Global Consumer Group, Community Relations, Citigroup

* Harvey Hirschfeld, President, Lawcash

* Dave Beckwith, Executive Director, Needmor Fund

Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, a member of the Advisory Council said: "ACORN has a long history of serving those who most need help, and giving voice to those who have been left behind. We will take the necessary steps to ensure that ACORN functions with the highest levels of ethical standards and competence."

Since the fall of 2008, ACORN's new management team has instituted a set of changes, including:

* The establishment of a new senior management team of the organization;

* Revamping of ACORN's board structure, including the establishment of new oversight committees with new resourcing to those committees;

* Establishment of the independent Advisory Council

* Processes to hire a new auditor, CFO, and other key management positions.

Said Ms. Lewis: "We have all been deeply disturbed by what we've seen in some of these videos. I must say, on behalf of ACORN's Board and our Advisory Council, that we will go to whatever lengths necessary to reestablish the public trust. For nearly forty years, ACORN has given voice to communities, and gotten results. Right now, our nearly 500,000 member are working their hearts out for quality, affordable healthcare for every American and to help stop the foreclosure crisis. We must get this process right, so the good work can go forward."

1 The Executive Committee is a committee of ACORN’s full board.

Edit to add link, might not work due to characters in ACORN's Website's URL
acorn.org...[tt_news]=22584&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12387&cHash=913db2b19b]

[edit on 9/16/09 by redhatty]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Man, there's no point is there. Poor, OP...I'm sure you'll read this when you get back so I want to say...

I really tried to save your thread but it's gone to the wolves.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

This isn't about the child prostitution ring tape for goodness sakes.

This is about Fox news "reporting" on a story from a second hand source without even caring about the integrity of the source. They want to bash ACORN, and rightfully so, and that's ALL they care about.

And from the OP, here are the exact quotes in the article

Beck: "I'm not a lawyer. I'm not a jury. But gosh, even to me, it seems like this is a potential admission of murder."

Rove stated that Kaelke "admitted to -- or claimed to have killed her husband because she thought he was going to abuse her at some point. So, she's claimed that she shot him in the head. I mean, this is an organization that really must have a terrific human relations -- human resources department to hire people like that."

Hannity: "[S]he's on tape admitting that she plotted to kill and had her husband killed, but we don't know if it's true yet."

Each of those quotes clearly exhibits wording equivalent to "allegedly" in them, so what part is irresponsible?

It's not like the woman's words were cut off in mid stream and started back up again at a different point in the conversation, from the tape we see a continuous conversation.

If the ACORN rep said those things, as are clearly shown on the tape, why is FOX so wrong in broadcasting the tape with specific commentary acknowledging the "alleged" status of the information contained within the tape?

And for goodness sakes, WHY DOES IT MATTER?? How is FOX's airing of the tapes MORE important than the video evidence of ACORN aiding and abetting a child prostitution ring?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Fox News should've done a better job, no question, but at the same time, they're the only ones bothering to investigate ACORN at all. In the grand scheme of things, the fact that Fox News blew it on one out of four tapes pales in comparison to the three out of four where they got it right. They're not really the issue here, as much as some might like for them to be in order to deflect attention from ACORN.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

This is where I first watched this video. It's an interview Hannity did with the girl who plays the prostitute. Skip to 6:30 to get straight to the part where he asks them if they've looked into her claim she killed her husband and the girl says they're looking into it and don't know for certain yet.

It wasn't claimed as 100% fact, it was presented as what it is. The woman claimed she did it, they said she claimed she did it, and they weren't sure yet last night whether it was true.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

No wolves, just people who understand that Acorn and the like who are attempting to take advantage of the rest of us who are busy raising kids and living our lives. They are the wolves. I have had it with these people!! Im not taking their crap any more. Im awake and pissed!!!!!!!!!!!! The op isnt minding shop because he is busy shoveling propaganda to people who are easily sidetracked from the truth so as not to see their real agenda.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

ACORN Announces Major Steps to Address Issues Raised by Videos
September 16, 2009

In response to recently released videos of frontline ACORN staff, ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis made the following announcement Wednesday morning:

"As a result of the indefensible action of a handful of our employees, I am, in consultation with ACORN's Executive Committee1, immediately ordering a halt to any new intakes into ACORN's service programs until completion of an independent review...

Thats quite a backpedal from the initial threats of a lawsuit from Acorn against Fox news.

I guess some catch on quicker than others.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

According to Human Events a NEW video will air tonight at 9pm EDT.

Probably on FOx's Hannity show, if the rumors I hear are correct.

Amazing what Andrew Breitbart, former Drudge Report writer, has managed to expose in this series.

the Human Events article states:

Flynn would not reveal the location of the ACORN office where the latest video was filmed, but he said, “It’s a slightly different discussion in this one than you’ve seen so far.” The video should break around 9 p.m. EST.

Flynn said this is not the last one, either. “There are more after that. It is amazing. Stay tuned.”

OMG, in the 5th video, the ACORN employee asks how much to "hire" the prostitute for the whole weekend!!!!!!!

[edit on 9/16/09 by redhatty]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thread derailed, subject changed.
Nice work team!

It makes one wonder how many people are still paid to post on this site. . .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/16/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

She lied. That is all I get from this. She lied.

If you lie on tape and I show the tape of you lying, how does that make me wrong? Weird logic around here these days.

ACORN is a scam. People should just let it fade into the woodwork. It exists only to funnel money to people's pockets and influence elections.

ACORN is registered as a 501(C)[3] to make contributions deductible and to qualify for Federal Funds. To have that classification they can not ever endorse any politician from any party ever. If they do it is tax fraud.

They openly endorse Democratic Candidates without shame while accepting Federal Funds.

Why people defend organized crime operations is beyond me. When you enable a crime you are guilty of the same crime. Anyone ever involved with ACORN's political activities is a conspirator. This is a Conspiracy Board. We are supposed to be here to expose conspiracies like ACORN. Not work for them and help them.

It would seem the brainwashing is nearly complete. Soon the Republican and Democratic Leaders can openly express their being joined at the hip in public as The Only Party takes over.

My guess is that Obama and McCain flipped a coin to see who got to be President and Obama won. When will people wake up and stop arguing over which news channel to watch or which Party is more corrupt. The reality is they are both corrupt and nobody sits in the White House unless it is decided on in advance by both sides. They don't give a damn who we want or even if you vote. It's just easier when they can rig an election so they don't have to lie.

6 months from now ACORN will have a list of new names with the same people in charge and continue to serve their masters who throw them millions as a reward.

One States Attorney General is actually talking about throwing the poor decent people who made the video's for the right reasons in prison, just for making them. That is where your attention should be. Cross the White House and you go to jail. Unless your in their pocket and don't give a damn.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Blaine91555]

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here is what I am looking at, and put yourself in the shoes of ACORN, and as a normal citizen.
If a pimp and prostitute came into your office and wanted to set up something illegale, are you stating, even though you know it may be a set up, you would just play along, instead of saying, I am sorry we can not help you, please leave?
I find amazing, is that none of the people, NONE of them, stated, we can not help you, what you are doing is illegale and we just can not support any illegale actions. Not one, instead they give advice on how to circumvent the law. That is not what federal grant money should be going for.
I would also ask, why is it that before every time it was called for an investigation by congress it was tabled or suspended or even the person calling for such, was told to drop it. I would think that this is the exact kind of stuff that needs to be looked at. The fact it happened more than once, should be a good indication as to the nature of that organization. How much money will it take before we say enough is enough? What if the pretend pimp and prostitute were real, would you want something like that set up in your neighborhood?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Strange, she didn't look in fear of her life in the videos.
In fact, her body language was anything but.

She was doing what most people in business do, tell people what they want to hear to get a sale. Which if you're selling used cars, wouldn't be a problem.

But it's totally inappropriate in an organisation like ACORN.

The spin that ACORN are putting on this only goes to show how dishonest they are if you ask me. But these videos already highlight that.
So I can't see how FOX stuffed up on reporting on this.

The woman said some crazy things and was caught on video saying it.
The evidence is there for all to see.
This new take it on it , is only damage control.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't know about the other people on FOXs but I agree with Glenn Beck, any admission of murder on tape needs to be investigated. Turns out to be a made up story, at least that is a relief.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i like reading the people trying to defend acorn on this. Fox might have messed up THIS story, but the other 3 incidents still happened and have proven to be fact.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
haha...hoho..hehe...

Good Gawd this is pure justice. All these news programs don't give a crap about TRUTH they only care about trashing the other side and they jump on ANYTHING that comes their way to feel vindicated in their irrational biases.

This could have easily happened to MSNBC and CNN as well. There are several other REPUTABLE news outlets that this would not have happened to.

I suggest you all stop watching these crap shows for this exact reason.

Other stories they have reported may have been based in fact but they are always so warped, torn, and twisted to fit an ideology and then the masses of ignorant, unthinking people just go out into the world and start spouting all the same crap as if it's their own opinion.

I can't believe this post didn't get as much attention as it should have. We are being pitted against each other. It's happening right here and now on ATS and EVERYWHERE in America. My mother said that the Tea Party protesters were all racists today... I reminded her that I am among those who supports the Tea Party efforts. That the Tea Parties are for everyone who wants a Constitutional, fiscally responsible government, and we want our rights protected not continuously attacked. Listening to the Media and their stupid broadcasters is going to destroy any effort of having a real Constitutional Republic, or honest debate.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Fox News and ACORN a marriage made in heaven. These two wil be living of each other for years to come.

More Fox News sharp reporting by conservative favorite Sean Hannity... watch from 1:45 on

I just love how he tells a bold face lie stright up with no even a flinch!!!

Thats just not fact checking gone wrong but just plain and simple demagoguery, smear and fear tactics that Fox News employs to scare the living hell out of people and divide the country.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

K. Olberman isn't an admitted drug user, is he? He just doesn't seem sane to me. I can't believe people can watch and enjoy that show

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

It was the only source that I could find for the video. As far as him being a drug user...well who isn't this days. Obama check, Bush check, Rush check. And those who dont abuse drugs like to cheat on their wives, molesting young boys, having sex with interns or steal from the taxpayers.

Yes my friend this is the very same people that deliver our news and lead this country.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

That is the most disturbing thought I have seen all day.

Why do We The People put up with this crap?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join