It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reports fake murder story from ACORN video as fact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The fourth video may be punked. But what about the first three? Or the one after that. I heard there was a fifth.

FOX News will man-up when they determine the validity.

Maybe they can blame it on racism, or Bush?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Okay....

ACORN Sucks
FOX sucks

ACORN pulled a fast one on Fox
Fox ran with it like a giddy teenager about get laid.

And people are actually trying to DEFLECT the issue back onto ACORN?

Unbelievable...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Okay....

ACORN Sucks
FOX sucks

Unbelievable...

Well, they ARE fair and balanced.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Okay....

ACORN Sucks
FOX sucks

Unbelievable...

This response exemplifies exacty why it sucks it had to be them when there really is a problem and is exactly what will impede a proper resolution. ACORN is counting on YOU!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I watched Fox last night specifically to see the new video, and not once do I recall them saying that the woman's claims were 100% true. The girl who plays the fake prostitute in the videos even said they weren't certain that the woman actually had killed her husband and that they were trying to verify it. So how exactly did they get punked?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Acorn pulled a fast one? If you say it enough maybe it will become the truth!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
thats funny, cause I watched the episode on Glenn Beck and I do remember him saying

"We dont even know if she actually did kill her husband".

Fact Check.

Edit- Did it seem to any other people that the woman in that last video was either cracked out or tweeked out of her gore?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WTH folks?? Fox didn't do the investigation, Mike Flynn's site, Big Government did the investigation. Fox just reported on it AFTER it was all over the web.

Here's part 2 of the video

Does this person really appear scared for her life? Or just playing along?

So many want to kill the messenger (Fox News) rather than focus on the message. ACORN is doing things it should not by any stretch of the imagination.

Condoning a child prostitution ring, that is the real issue here folks. Not only condoning it, but even advising on how to file legal paperwork including but not limited to tax returns on a child prostitution ring.

Where is the outrage?

If this has been brought out in an investigation, how many other times has ACORN given the same or similar advise on illegal and blatantly immoral activities?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Whats unbelievable is your attempt to make this about anything other than the Acorn scam artist stealing tax payer money to support an agenda that clearly doesnt represent what our country is all about. I erased what else I wrote to remain civil.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Seriously, I'm not defending Acorn. I'm trying to bring the focus back onto Fox News for being so callous in their "reporting".

I could give a flying flip if it was ACORN or a faked Paris Hilton sex tape. It doesn't matter. What matters is that Fox News didn't even try to check out where the tape came from and if it had any basis in fact at all because they are so biased in their reporting that the figure it HAD to be true because of the rampant corruption in ACORN and that was their first mistake.

Because if Fox news truly is "Fair and Balanced" they would have approached it with a new set of eyes objectively and not jumped to conclusions about the validity of the tape.

This is a shining example of what is wrong with all these news orgs that people get just about all their news from now.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

They are given three tapes. That are legit. When they received the fourth, why should they doubt it.

They are not innocent. They reported it, they have to do the mea culpa.

But lets not forget the others.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

You are all misrepresenting what I am trying to say about this issue. Fox news is just as much a bunch of scammers as ACORN is but you can't deal with that so your derailing the thread by turning it into another "we hate ACORN, grab the pitch forks" thread.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Because when you're reporting the news every piece of information should be suspect in order to keep the integrity of the reporting intact. Once these people start assuming they know if something is truthful or not, that integrity goes out the window.

It doesn't matter if there were 100 tapes. ALL are suspect when it comes to reporting facts.

People on ATS pick apart and analyze every single piece of info even down to ridiculing people for making a typo, but apparently Fox news is held to a lower standard than that.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Fox screwed up.

Fine.

Doesn't mean that ACORN is innocent.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Condoning a child prostitution ring, that is the real issue here folks. Not only condoning it, but even advising on how to file legal paperwork including but not limited to tax returns on a child prostitution ring.

No, that's not what this THREAD is about. It's about Fox news reporting on a faked tape. If you want to discuss the child prostitution tape, go to the child prostitution tape thread.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Callus in their reporting??? What are you talking about, from the beginning they credited O'Keefe in the investigation.

As in their previous undercover stings, filmmaker James O'Keefe, 25, and partner Hannah Giles, 20, who posed as a prostitute, received advice from ACORN workers on how to launder their earnings and avoid detection from law enforcement officials while running a prostitution business.

Since when did it become the job of a new outlet to do an investigation into an investigation?

They reported the NEWS, what was already making headlines all over the Internets.

The DOJ, CONgress, Local Police, etc have the responsibility to investigate further (San Bernandino has begun that investigation) to see if the infrations revealed in the video should be prosecuted.

Fox reported on an undercover investigation by AMATEURS that revealed ACORN being not only complicit but WILLING TO HELP a couple start up a CHILD PROSTITUTION RING, and all you can be outraged about is WHO PUT IT ON THE MSM?

Where are YOUR priorities???

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I agree that "all" media outlets are bias in one way or another, but the focus should stay where it belongs. The corruption at hand. Acorn is using TAX PAYER money to line the pockets of its agenda driven leaders who would love nothing more than for you to focus on anything but what they are doing to screw us. Right, left doesnt matter. Both sides use this to keep americans from recognizing that they are all one and the same. They dont care about you. They care about you giving them control and your money.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

No of course it doesn't mean their innocent, but why do you guys have to keep saying "Fox screwed up but....ACORN sucks"?

Your just as bad as the people who make excuses for ACORN, IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
reply to post by nunya13

I agree that "all" media outlets are bias in one way or another, but the focus should stay where it belongs. The corruption at hand.

The title of the thread is:

Fox News reports fake murder story from ACORN video as fact

That's the issue at hand.

This isn't about ACORN. It's about Fox news.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

The thread is about taking the focus off of Acorn and puting it on Fox, just like you are doing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join