It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reports fake murder story from ACORN video as fact

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
incidently, the majority of people you mentioned are not news anchors (to be fair to Fox)...Fox only has about 1 hour of news a day...the rest is commentators and sideshows catering to republicans. Much like MSNBC has about the same and the rest are commentators for Dems and the rest.

In reality, one should never take the words of the commentators as fact, its pure opinion, speculation, and sideshow antics to drum up entertainment for their television show...its not news, its commentary. Hannity, Beck, etc...are not reporting news...dont get confused by that.

What sucks is that both stations (MSNBC and FOX) should put a warning on it or something as to when people are listening to the actual news, and when they are listening to commentators.

CNN is pretty damn balanced (both extremes say CNN is working for the other side, thats when you know you hit the center). The problem with CNN...its kinda boring not taking sides...making you decide how to think issue by issue verses Olberman or Beck telling you how you should think.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
shocker! just a shocker!! this happened on FOX!! your kidding, someone must be crazy to accuse FOX of this. after all, they are balanced & fair...they say this all the time, so it must be true. besides they have hannity, beck, oreilly, the fairest and most even-keeled people people in broadcasting. they simply go out of their way to hear the other side in a frank and honest discussion, with, i might add, a balanced group of guests.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You are, of course, correct that the majority are not journalists. However, I've noticed they embrace the term when refering to themselves to somehow give credability to what they say from time to time. CNN is ok on news, but I prefer seeking out stories and researching facts on my own on the internet.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Sounds like you over dosed on the Fox Kool-aid, friend...Ha
One does take with pleasure, the fall of the proud and the mighty.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

You are, of course, correct that the majority are not journalists. However, I've noticed they embrace the term when refering to themselves to somehow give credability to what they say from time to time. CNN is ok on news, but I prefer seeking out stories and researching facts on my own on the internet.

Problem with the net...unless your going to like the bbc website (omg, actual news), is that there is no credibility there...learnded it off the innerwebz is certainly not factual...for 30 bucks a year, I can start my news and report anything I want to as factual. If there was an illuminati, the first steps to control the population is to control or destroy the ways of communication through disinformation and confusion.

I am not a big believer in the illuminati mind you...but certainly there are plenty of people out there trying to grab power and cover things up or sway peoples mindsets to a certain way of thinking

the townies movement is a perfect example. a grassroots movement that is actually funded by a large insurance firm...using the tools as their pawns

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

thanks...i've been working on my degree in sarcasm, fine tuning its subtle
varieties, is still a work in progress

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

No doubt about it, if you are going to get "news" on the net you MUST exercise exceptional discrenment. Still, if I just picked a single news source, I'd need discernment also. Discernment is certainly an attribute for all who haunt ATS, wouldn't you say?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by jimmyx

You are doing well.
You might find this as a usful resource in your journey (I have)...

www.i-cynic.com...

Explore.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
keith olberman shows clips of republicans saying one thing, then shows earlier clips of the same republicans saying the opposite. he shows clips of republicans saying something, then shows government documents showing the opposite. i would hardly call this "his opinion" type of rhetoric. he comments on the republicans hypocrisy and that is "his opinion"

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by jimmyx

You are doing well.
You might find this as a usful resource in your journey (I have)...

www.i-cynic.com...

Explore.

hmmm...i didn't even know thaey actually had a website for this, but i should have guessed. thanks again.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
1. So ACORN admits they hire liars? Amazing that our tax dollars were funding this!

2. At least FOX was reporting something they believed to be relevant. Unlike CNNMSNBCABCCBS completely PUNKING the American people by failing to report ACORN's misdeeds until they could no longer hide the giant pink elephant hiding in the open.

I didn't know Fox was in the business of reporting on tall tales. I can make you a video of me talking about catching the biggest fish in the world - the length of two city buses and weighing a thousand pounds. Should Fox put this on TV to let the world know that records have been broken? If you have an audience of millions, it would seem like a good idea to do a 5 minute factcheck prior to claiming you have a murder confession on tape.

This guy goes into the office dressed like a stereotypical 70s pimp with a feathered hat. I would have played the same prank with the idiot.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The problem is that most people who watch Fox do not do the same. They take everything on that channel as gospel because they are told that the liberal media has taken over all other information mediums. Glenn Beck could tell them their whole state was about to collapse into a giant sink hole and people would start packing their bags.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

You can sum it all up in a quote by Gore Vidal:

"There is nothing more debasing than the work of those who do well what is not worth doing at all."

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It is a shame this has become "Republicans vs. Democrats" and a "Fox News vs. the other media" issue. Whether or not this woman was telling a tall-tale is irrelevant. It is a distraction from the apparent malfeasance taking place in ACORN. Instead of saying this is wrong and it should be cleaned-up, the proverbial they want us to be arguing over red herrings.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 0neKnows

Exactly. And most of the people defending Fox in this thread are the exact same people who jump down other people's throats for not doing "a simple search on google".

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Exactly. And most of the people defending Fox in this thread are the exact same people who jump down other people's throats for not doing "a simple search on google".

Forget about Fox News. The virtues and evils of Fox News is irrelevant. Don't play that game. All that matters is what is in the video.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

That's been my beef all along. If it were CNN who did this I'd be equally involved in this thread.

All these news medias are crap and I can't believe they call it "news" anymore.

Why people listen to "journalists" reporting on only their opinion is beyond me. The second a "reporter" lets it known what their stance is on the issue, they are not a reporter, they are not interested in informing the public, they are not interested in facts, they are not interested in "we report. you decide".

They are interested in forming public opinion. These people that watch these news stations defend them all like you just attacked their religious beliefs. And if you just attacked their "god" (news station) then you must be an "atheist" (liberal/conservative depending on what news station your condemning).

This isn't a right vs. left issue. It's an issue of how far degraded the outlets that the majority of people get their "news from have become. It's sickening and the proof is in the pudding in this thread as to how much someone's opinions are molded by these corporations.

Seriously, cancel your cable and stop listening to the AM and see how much your forced to REALLY decide for yourself.

Stations like Fox news using their mantra of "We report. You decide" while their our vocally commentating on their opinion of the what the facts mean while at the same time demonizing anyone who disagrees. So it's really "We report. You decide. But if you decide against your the reason this country is going to hell in a hand basket and we're going to do our best to let it be known to our viewers what a piece of sh** you are".

I really can't believe people watch this stuff and think "Ah. I just got my daily dose of news."

If your watching something whether it be CNN, MSNBC, Fox and you're getting angry not because of what's being reported but because of the opinions that the anchor is spouting that you agree with, you're not watching news. Your watching commentary. You're not getting facts, you're getting opinions.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
MediaMatters
is the only one airing this story. Everything I checked simply links back to media matters. Why isn't Fox's competition and arch nemesis MSNBC running anything? If it is there, please post it. The story is entirely based on ACORN's response. Credible?? We'll see. According to the press release from the San Bernadino police her husband is still alive. IF this lady knew the prostitution story was fake why not just call them out and put and end to it.

Either way, ACORN is a scumbag organization.

Personally, I will wait for the California Attorney General's report on ACORN.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Right wing sux..left wing sux....your a liar, no your a liar..
Grow a set and admit the right and left are both a buncha morons..I'm sick of all your right wing left wing finger pointing and cry baby foot stomping YOUR BOTH THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!
If you stop buying into this media brain washing b.s. every one of you would figure out you are ALL being PLAYED! Don't any of you get it...these people have turned you into a bunch pawns...Right,left...you guys need to get a hold of your selves. Both the right and the left are the reason we are here today and this country is falling apart...And all the finger pointers are still finger pointing...

Oh man, 20 stars to you. You would think after all this time people would have figured this out by now. I've said it before, politicians are politicians no matter what "side" they claim to be on.

Faux is in the wrong, Acorn is in the wrong. But lets just get upset at Acorn and ignore the truth that Faux, MSN etc are not reputable places to get your news from.

For real news, find other sources, and watch these "news stations" as entertainment only, think "reality" tv shows. I am sure we all realize how "real" those are, oh am I assuming too much to think people know those shows are in no way "real"?

Deny ignorance indeed.

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by nunya13

Forget about Fox News. The virtues and evils of Fox News is irrelevant. Don't play that game. All that matters is what is in the video.

No, it is about Faux, read the thread title. Which starts out "Fox news reports fake murder". If you want to talk about what is in the video, I believe another thread has been started just for that, and even posted in this thread for, your knowledge.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I agree with many of the posters here on this thread.

This is not leadership on the part of Fox News. It is one upmanship..or Gotcha News reporting of which not only does Fox promote and also at the same time complain about the other news media outlets...but now they are caught participating in it.

This is also not leadership on the part of a supposedly community organizing group like ACORN...this too is PUNK Politics. No leadership here. In a community leadership/organizing pattern..they should have told these two people to leave their offices or they would call the police. Instead ACORN too ...did not take the high road. Instead ACORN resorted to a cheap political trick of manipulation rather than take the high road.
Textbook cheap politics...not morality or the ethical high ground. ACORN here too looks stupid. THey look like cheap drama queen politicians. Not an organization capable of looking out for public interests or moneys....but instead is caught here playing the cheap political drama card/political entitlement card...at public expense.

Someone said or stated that this Group ACORN and the media were made for each other. I tend to agree....

This is not leadership on the part of Fox News nor the rest of the MSM. Nor is it leadership or community organizing on the part of ACORN.

If this nonsense continues ...the losers will be the American Public if we do not catch on to what the media is attempting to do with this story/stories.
One upmanship or Gotcha News Reporting is not news and informations. It is jerking off the American Public for votes. It is cheap circus manipulation.
The very same thing our politicians continually try to do to us for votes....all the political parties.
What the media and especially Fox News is doing is they are demonstrating that they, like the rest of the media, are shilling for their political party. THey are an integral part of the political party apparatus. THey are not independent....not separate.. THey are also not looking out for the public but instead their political party for whom they shill.
ACORN too is looking out for the political party for whom they shill...not the American Public. This is obvious in not only this video but the previous videos as well. It is all politics ...ie...selling the souls of the American Public for votes and moneys. Both the Media and ACORN clearly demonstrate this by their lack of integrity here.

Some of us need to wise up and begin to vote with our remote controllers. This will not be the end of this kind of drama news reporting. It is getting very Jerry Springer like. No thanks...not for me. I will vote with my remote.

THose of you on this thread still playing one upmanship, political party style, are no different from what ACORN or the Media are doing.
Some of you are so far gone on to this cheap trend of stumping for your political party that you seem totally unawares of this fingerprint soiling the American Public 24/7.

They are all phoneys here. Every one of them.

Some of us as Americans are getting tired of the media and politicians both playing us while dragging us through the dirt. We are voting with our remote controllers and expressing our dissatisfaction on sites like ATS where our voices can be heard outside the phoney manipulating mainstream media.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 17-9-2009 by orangetom1999]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join