It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you leave a loved one behind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

Well,I'm a half-breed!My daddy is a rebel and my momma is a yankee.
If I had to,I would pick her up and toss her over my shoulder and go.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'd grab the most important thing....my dog, get in the car and go (and bring as much canned food as I could) - I'd leave a couple of cans at the house for my wife. Her sister on the other hand...I'd save her! You should see the body on that woman

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
yes. if tshtf you would see my skinny white butt running away while knocking family members down to ensure my own safety as fast as i could. i would also take all the food and water i could. who cares if they are hungry or thirsty? i don't want to be. and if my 100 year old neighbor was pleading for help i would raid her fridge and pantry then slam the door on her. if i was in a good mood i might leave her with a can of spam but she can get her own fork

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
I'd grab the most important thing....my dog, get in the car and go (and bring as much canned food as I could) - I'd leave a couple of cans at the house for my wife. Her sister on the other hand...I'd save her! You should see the body on that woman

I hope your wife doesn't read this.You would be packing for a trip
to the moon!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brain Damaged
yes. if tshtf you would see my skinny white butt running away while knocking family members down to ensure my own safety as fast as i could. i would also take all the food and water i could. who cares if they are hungry or thirsty? i don't want to be. and if my 100 year old neighbor was pleading for help i would raid her fridge and pantry then slam the door on her. if i was in a good mood i might leave her with a can of spam but she can get her own fork

It looks like "Brain Damaged" and I are the only ones who are going to make it....I agree about the fork. You might need it yourself

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brain Damaged

This is probably what a lot of people would do,go into self-preservation
mode.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i've thought about this many times over, and i dont think i could leave anyone behind, however if we were to be seperated then this is how i would want it, my daughter with me and my son with my wife but even this idea tears me apart just thinking about it. I'm very frustrated that i can't own a gun(i'm on a green card) but at least i got my bow, and i'm a pretty sharp shooter so there's go lunch and dinner with that.
Just watch 28weeks later and it will show you that karma can be a bitch!

I meant: watch 28weeks later and you will learn that karma can be a bitch if you somply give up and care only about yourself, you must make every effort possible to help a love one survive. A stranger that just joined the pack, i duno, probably wouldn't even look back 1sec but loved ones, i'll take the bite for them.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jcjace]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

I have heard of that movie,I haven't watched it.

I didn't know you can't buy a gun with a green card.I thought,once
you have legal status,you could pretty much do anything here.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcjace
I'm very frustrated that i can't own a gun(i'm on a green card) but at least i got my bow, and i'm a pretty sharp shooter so there's go lunch and dinner with that..

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jcjace]

Is your wife gc too? If she's american, register the gun in her name.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
As to leaving my loved ones behind; no I couldn't do it. I would stay and protect them as best I could. When push comes to shove the reality is, all we truly have is each other.

I'm with you. If she can't go on, I won't go on either.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Would I leave 'loved ones' behind? tough call, let me see.

Wife? No , she needs to learn to cook properly and I think I would need the company

Mother in law ? definately for the fact she's my mother in law

Brother? no he can carry stuff as well.

Mother? yes , simply because she has medical conditions and mobility issues. and she boasts about what she's got material wise.

Step father? yes for the fact he's a comb-over man and wears cardigans and anoraks and is a fool.

Aint got kids so no issues there, I would rather get my friends to a safe location at least they'd pull they're weight.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have avoided this thread for a few days now, but when it comes down to it, I know they would leave me behind.
My kids are living with there father now since our country is doing this whole "favoring fathers" thing in custody battles. It scares me to death because he wouldn't last a day in a survival situation let alone protect my kids. I would do everything I could to try to get to them, but if it was impossible, I guess I would have no choice.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I know how you feel! My daughter was cheated out of her eldest son.
The boy was having problems, at home and school,no one would listen
to my daughter.The individual,who fathered my grandson,had a cheesy
lawyer.They talked my daughter into letting "him" have the boy for
a year,she agreed!A year later,she went to a lawyer to get the boy back,
that's when she learned the father had full custody.

I don't think he really cares about the boy,he just wanted out of child
support.I am afraid when the SHTF,he would abandon my grandson.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As far as leaving any 1 behind ATSrz I SHARE THIS WITH YOU ALL TO COMFORT YOUR WORRING SOULS. In the BIBLE book of revelations, IT SPEAKS OF SOME VERY harsh times when JESUS FOLLOWERS WILL HAVE TO MAKE A MAJOR DECISION WILL YOU LIVE TEMPORARY IN COMFORT ON EARTH W/ THE beast that are comming our will you fight to the DEATH IN THE NAME OF CHRIST AND BE GIVEN ETERNAL LIFE (for CHRIST holdes the keys to BOTH LIFE AND DEATH). For some time on this site and others I have noticed many threads about surviving this and preparing for that I consistently have reccommended HAVE FAITH SOUNDS SILLY RIGHT WELL READ THIS.
REV-6:7 fourth seal opened HADES THE PALE HORSE BEGINS HIS DEATH RIDE BRINGING THE "LIVING DEAD WITH HIM".
REV-6:9 fifth seal opened (SPEAKS OF THOSE WHO 1c INHABITED EARTH THAT WERE -SLAUGHTERED FOR THE WORD OF GOD-HAVING A FRONT ROW SEAT BASICALLY @ THE UPCOMMING EVENTS).
REV-6:10 Those who were slaughtered were upset and asking GOD when will you VENG our blood that was shed AND HERE COMES THE PART I WANTED MANY OF YOU TO SEE
REV-6:11 GOD says I WILL NOT BEGIN THIS WRATH UNTIL ALL SEE ALL NOT SOME ALL WHO ARE WITH GOD HAVE BEEN (SLAYED AS THEY HAD BEEN )
Basically GOD loves YOU and does not want HIS followers in the way when ITS TIME FOR THE WRATH (SEE HE *CARES* FOR THESE WILL BE THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE TIMES EVER DOWN HERE) the only people left after all GODS CHILDREN have went home will be the EVIL 1z (you dont wanna be here @ these times enjoy watching it from ABOVE were it is SAFE for you SOULS)
With this knowledge I encourage WE all try to survive to the FULLEST because YES these trumpets and seals will go accordingly but I dont know for sure IF these are the times mentioned in the GREAT BOOK, but if they are REMEMBER GODS CHILDREN WILL BE SLAUGHTERED FIRST BEFOR THE WRATH BEGINS (DONT BLASPHEMEY HIM). AMEN *ALL MEN*

I RECOMMEND EVERY1 READ REVELATIONS @ LEAST 3 TIMES TILL YOU GET THE HIDDEN MESSAGES THAT EXIST IN IT

[edit on 9/22/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I know this won't mean a lot to some people.
Today, I was able to run for the first time in
over two years!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

This is great news!
Whatever you are doing, keep it up.
Kudos to you.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't go out of my way to ensure their survival, but if they were around with me, I would use them to my advantage and in order to try to ensure my survival, then if I'm safe, thats when I try to help others, either with distress signals or flares, but certainly not running around trying to save everyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thank-you so much for your reply.
I only ran about 30',but I was running!
No one can understand how much this
means to me.I was seriously limited in
mobility for over two years.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
As far as leaving any 1 behind ATSrz I SHARE THIS WITH YOU ALL TO COMFORT YOUR WORRING SOULS. In the BIBLE book of revelations, IT SPEAKS OF SOME VERY harsh times when JESUS FOLLOWERS WILL HAVE TO MAKE A MAJOR DECISION WILL YOU LIVE TEMPORARY IN COMFORT ON EARTH W/ THE beast that are comming our will you fight to the DEATH IN THE NAME OF CHRIST AND BE GIVEN ETERNAL LIFE (for CHRIST holdes the keys to BOTH LIFE AND DEATH). For some time on this site and others I have noticed many threads about surviving this and preparing for that I consistently have reccommended HAVE FAITH SOUNDS SILLY RIGHT WELL READ THIS.
REV-6:7 fourth seal opened HADES THE PALE HORSE BEGINS HIS DEATH RIDE BRINGING THE "LIVING DEAD WITH HIM".
REV-6:9 fifth seal opened (SPEAKS OF THOSE WHO 1c INHABITED EARTH THAT WERE -SLAUGHTERED FOR THE WORD OF GOD-HAVING A FRONT ROW SEAT BASICALLY @ THE UPCOMMING EVENTS).
REV-6:10 Those who were slaughtered were upset and asking GOD when will you VENG our blood that was shed AND HERE COMES THE PART I WANTED MANY OF YOU TO SEE
REV-6:11 GOD says I WILL NOT BEGIN THIS WRATH UNTIL ALL SEE ALL NOT SOME ALL WHO ARE WITH GOD HAVE BEEN (SLAYED AS THEY HAD BEEN )
Basically GOD loves YOU and does not want HIS followers in the way when ITS TIME FOR THE WRATH (SEE HE *CARES* FOR THESE WILL BE THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE TIMES EVER DOWN HERE) the only people left after all GODS CHILDREN have went home will be the EVIL 1z (you dont wanna be here @ these times enjoy watching it from ABOVE were it is SAFE for you SOULS)
With this knowledge I encourage WE all try to survive to the FULLEST because YES these trumpets and seals will go accordingly but I dont know for sure IF these are the times mentioned in the GREAT BOOK, but if they are REMEMBER GODS CHILDREN WILL BE SLAUGHTERED FIRST BEFOR THE WRATH BEGINS (DONT BLASPHEMEY HIM). AMEN *ALL MEN*

I RECOMMEND EVERY1 READ REVELATIONS @ LEAST 3 TIMES TILL YOU GET THE HIDDEN MESSAGES THAT EXIST IN IT

[edit on 9/22/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

Why is it you capitalize random strings of words?
And if god loves me, why do his followers always speak words with such destruction, almost a love that the end is coming, it really seems like you WANT the end to come about, just so you can say I told you so.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

To be brutally honest it depends on the relationship of that loved one and the situation.

but there are other loved ones that I have come to the conclusion that I would be able to leave behind if and only if the absolute survival of my immediate family is at risk.

and other family.

a really close loved one behind would not be one taken lightly, I think I would exhaust all options in that particular situation before that happens.

I cannot help but think you're referring to in-laws

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join