It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you leave a loved one behind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My plans for survival include my family.

I plan to shelter in place.

Anyone who shows up at my door is welcome. We have more than enough.

I don't think that I could intentionally leave someone behind. I could not live with the guilt. However, if necessary, I could prioritize who I helped if it became necessary to flee.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
From my experience, it's not how fast you go, but how carefully you go. You don't rush, you don't overdo anything, as everyone has to always have a reserve of energy in the event that a situation requires it.

If me and mine for some reason had to travel hundreds of miles, we'd do just that. The slowest person dictates the pace. Every day the slowest person will get stronger, accustom muscles rarely used, and will actually do better and better.

Camps are made very early to enable recon and secure.

What good is it to live, if you have to sacrifice someone? That's not living - that's existing - and one sorry-assed existence.

Everyone has value. Everyone has much to contribute.

Therefore, EVERYONE stays together, everyone makes it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
From my experience, it's not how fast you go, but how carefully you go. You don't rush, you don't overdo anything, as everyone has to always have a reserve of energy in the event that a situation requires it.

If me and mine for some reason had to travel hundreds of miles, we'd do just that. The slowest person dictates the pace. Every day the slowest person will get stronger, accustom muscles rarely used, and will actually do better and better.

What good is it to live, if you have to sacrifice someone? That's not living - that's existing - and one sorry-assed existence.

I am getting more encouraged with every post.Thank-you!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

That is the speech the president should of given at the end of Independence day instead.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wazthewazzock

I have a 95 year old relative. They will not get stronger. They will not be able to travel.

I will, unless necessary, shelter in place.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I had never question this myself - since my family is what I love and cherish most of all. Live together and survive together

I would never leave any of the people in my life behind no matter what the consequences.

Fortunately they are all healthy and in shape- my grandma would be the most troubled in a "hurry" situation but my brother has lots of strenght and can carry her anytime.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
in a semi-calm situation i could probably think rationally and not leave a loved one behind.
as for an intense frenzied situation where life and death is at the corner
i honestly dont know what i'd do.
1. every man for himself
or
2. sacrifice my life for my family.
the answer is yet to come.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Your thread is written on an emotional level that touches me in my core. A person with your apparent depth of caring and consideration for others has nothing to worry about. I'm sure those that love you, do so deeply and truly and that they would not leave you behind. I would be willing to bet my life that the ones in your life that love you would stay with you, if it came to that, but I also have no doubt that if the need arose, you would muster courage and strength that you didn't know you had.

I struggle with this question every day. There are those, one in particular that I would die for, but she is hundreds of miles away. In a terrible situation, I would have no way to reach her and given the nature of the world we live in, in truth, hers would more than likely be a quick death. It troubles me to no end that I have such powerlessness to protect someone that I would give my life for, but I have to accept that the universe spins, suns are born and die, without my permission, acceptance, or approval. If I could be assured that there would be no suffering, then perhaps it would make the reality of our separation easier to bear, but again, I am powerless.

Faith seems like a silly thing to me sometimes, but I would hold on to a make believe in which we get to see each other again sometime.

I'm sorry to ramble.
No, I could never leave my loved ones behind. We live together, or we die together. Now, if THEY want to leave ME behind, I suppose I'm just going to have to get over it. I would press on, as that is what we do.

Thank you for your thread, ma'am.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Mamabeth, I could never leave anyone of my family behind - regardless of their health... I could not live with myself if I did, also I would feel rather selfish............my Mum is not to heathly but I would drag her with me if I literally had too LOL

Edit to space the thumbs up!!!!!!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by vesta]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Thank-you very much for your kind words.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

Mamabeth, I could never leave anyone of my family behind - regardless of their health... I could not live with myself if I did, also I would feel rather selfish............my Mum is not to healthy but I would drag her with me if I literally had too LOL

I think I would have a problem getting my mom to leave her home.She
has lived there since 1963.I know my sisters' would be a big help in
convincing her.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debsturrs
in a semi-calm situation i could probably think rationally and not leave a loved one behind.
as for an intense frenzied situation where life and death is at the corner
i honestly dont know what i'd do.
1. every man for himself
or
2. sacrifice my life for my family.
the answer is yet to come.

Until we know what situation we will face,we don't know how we would
act.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I started a thread similar to this a few years ago. I wanted to know if you would end the life of a family member you loved if they were too ill to travel and they asked you to finish them off to keep them from being acosted. This was on my mind due to both of my parents poor health. They have both since passed but this question is still a valid one.

Do you stay or go. Depending on circumstances, if your loved one begged you to take the children and leave would you? If they asked you to end their life would you? If they committed suicide so that you would not be encumbered would you still leave?

When TSHTF it may be too late to argue.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I started a thread similar to this a few years ago. I wanted to know if you would end the life of a family member you loved if they were too ill to travel and they asked you to finish them off to keep them from being acosted. This was on my mind due to both of my parents poor health. They have both since passed but this question is still a valid one.

Do you stay or go. Depending on circumstances, if your loved one begged you to take the children and leave would you? If they asked you to end their life would you? If they committed suicide so that you would not be encumbered would you still leave?

When TSHTF it may be too late to argue.

This is also a good post.It would depend on the illness?I posted this thread,
because I have been wondering ,if I would be a burden to my family in a
SHTF situation.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nope. No way. Never.

If one of my loved ones couldn't go on I'd stay with them. If I survived and they didn't what's left for me?

I can't remember how old you said you were, I'm late 20's so don't take offence from this but if you were my dad I'd be with you all the way. I may have the physical edge but you've got the intuition and experience and without that we are nothing.

Edit: I just assumed you were a man, how very sexist of me... I'm going to check your OP now.

Edit: Cooking, sewing, perfume... your USERNAME... lol. Sorry. Change dad up there for mum!!!
[edit on 16-9-2009 by and14263]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
First, darkelf,

That's a powerful thought and I think i remember reading it. A man's life is his own to decide. He has a right to take his own, but no right to ask another to do it for him unless he is physically unable.

As far as LEAVING them behind...

I would leave my wife, dad, mom, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, dog, everything, if I had to for my kids. And my wife, dad, mom, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, dog, and everyone else had better do the same if my kid's lives are in their hands and it is required for their survival.

It's that simple. They are priority. Either you increase their chance of survival or you don't. That's the only distinction I can make.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

mamabeth, I empathize with you. I too am not in the best of health and worry about slowing my family down and possibly getting us captured or killed. Like you, I have been trying to improve my health, lose weight and gain stamina. There's no choice in this since I know my family all too well. When push comes to shove, they will not leave me, no matter what I say.

Keep up the good work. Stock pile anything you can that will help, medicines, masks, whatever. But don't think about staying behind unless you have no other option, because as said earlier, it could take the heart out of your family. Heart will get you many places you thought you could never go.

Shea

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There is absolutely no way I could leave my loved ones behind. I only have 3 of them. Husband, Daughter and Mom. I couldn't leave them for anything. The way I see it, its all for 1 and 1 for all!!!! I have no fear of death so if we all must go, I'll go right along with them.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

I don't think my loved ones would leave me behind.I would never
leave one of them either.I have even been planning a B.O.B. for
my cats.They are like children to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by vesta

I think I would have a problem getting my mom to leave her home.She
has lived there since 1963.I know my sisters' would be a big help in
convincing her.

What are you going to do about the relative that you love dearly that JUST WILL NOT LEAVE even though they could? Hundreds if not thousands of german jews faced this question. The ones lucky enough to get visas for their families elsewhere often had a momma or a granny who just would not leave her home. Would not leave the house where her children were brought up, whatever. Yes, if you have children, you go. But if you don't have kids, are you going to stay there and let them come to get you because momma won't leave of her own accord and you won't leave momma? Or your husband won't go because HE won't leave his daddy? (I live in the south. Lots of southern men are like that. Don't know about the yankees.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join