It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tea party" photo shows huge crowd — at different event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover, it works both ways. Did you ever stop to think about your constant mud slinging at the right in almost all of your posts and threads? Even in this very thread where you say the protest boils down to having 'conservative right wing corporate supporters behind it.'

Did you ever stop to think about how conservatives love their country, too? And really do believe in what they're doing and it's not just a 'Get Obama' or 'Get the left' stunt? Do you realize there were real men and woman at those protests who were sincere in their causes and not just GOP corporate following zombies?

Its crap and a nasty lie.

Yes. Just like all the protesters and town hall folks are racist, potential terrorists, plants from the GOP, gun nuts, etc.

Please spare me the 'I'm seriously offended' line when you constantly dish out the medicine.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
one thing everyone should remember with events like this, most people check there party lines at there door. this goes way deeper than politics, and as soon as we all realize this then that is when we will be getting off on the right foot.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Because my views don't agree with those of the current regime, the leadership of my country has called me a racist, Nazi and terrorist, just to name a few. Last year the cry was that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism". Now that the shoe is on the other foot, dissent is now terrorism. Grover, maybe you should take off the rose colored glasses and take a fresh look at what is being shoveled down your throat by the Left. Somebody has done pissed in the Kool-aid pitcher and some people are discovering the change in taste.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Here is a map of the approx people capacity: (map from inauguration)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d97868fd5090.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd just like to point out that all the comparisons made to this graphic are way off. That area is the national mall, 30 or forty times wider than the street in the videos.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I really didn't give a rat's [snip] about the right in this country until the lead up to bush minor's splendid little war when those of us who protested it had insults, eggs and threats hurled at us and were called traitors and terrorist sympathizers and that we hated America and all that crap...I may have disagreed with the right before then but my attitude was live and let live...since I have come to see them as [snip]...especially when it comes to the likes of [Rush Limbaugh] and this ilk.

Am I wrong to feel this way? Yes and I admit it...I believe that the right are naive patsies being played by the more corrupt corporate interests for their benefit but never once have I claimed that they hated their country or anything like it...nor would I.

mod edit: profanity and political baiting.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS – Please Review Link.

[edit on 16/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yes I am in the same boat.

Before the Iraq War I was not particularly anti-Bush - I was not a fan, but I didn't really have the intense antipathy for the right I have now.

After voicing my opposition to the Iraq War and getting called "traitor" etc.. a few zillion times, I really came to loathe the US political right.

The funny thing is I am not so much in love with the left at all, I'm anti gun control, pro nuclear power, and about a half dozen or so other things traditional liberals see as "heretical" views.

However those traditional liberals, while I don't agree with them, still don't irritate me nearly as much as the constant, bellicose stream of distortions & half-truths that comes out of what I call the "talk radio right."

I get along better with paleocon types and Libertarians (I used to actually be one years ago, before it was fashionable and before I decided laissez-faire economics were as bunk as Marxism
) and can have far more productive discussions with them.

The Limbaugh/Hannity types though, I just shake my head and walk away...

[edit on 9/15/09 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

But why are you taking it out on all of us? I've NEVER called anyone from the left what you just described (or done anything to them like throw eggs at someone- nor would I ever). Were there those like that? Yes. There were also those on the left who engaged in political accusations and egg throwing shenanigans.

But answer me this, if this upsets you as much as it apparently does (and I understand your resentment), why on earth would you do the same to someone else? If something bothers you, why inflict the same type of behavior on someone else?

You do realize there are literally federal documents declaring right wingers low level, potential and even flat out domestic terrorists? You do realize the MSM has come right out and accused the protesters of being racially motivated as a whole?

If you hated it so much being done to you, why do you continue it?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Glenn Beck Clips 09-14-09 Seg1- White House Arrogant About the Tea Party Protest in Wash

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
You do realize there are literally federal documents declaring right wingers low level, potential and even flat out domestic terrorists? You do realize the MSM has come right out and accused the protesters of being racially motivated as a whole?

If you hated it so much being done to you, why do you continue it?

Come on, Ash. You can do better. That report doesn't label right-wingers anything of the sort. It labels right-wing extremists as potential terrorists and highlights an increase in their activity - which has come to pass. The report was even Bush-motivated.

Are you an extremist?

If you are, then it covers you. If you are just a run of the mill conservative, then it doesn't. And I think you're the latter. I would hope.

I'm an 'environmentalist' and sort of left-wingish, I wouldn't apply this to myself:

"The majority of domestic terrorism incidents from 1993 to 2001 were attributable to the left-wing special interest movements the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and the Earth Liberation Front (ELF)."

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

"many" posted a photograph ...

Typical "straw man" disinformation. Who? Where?

The legitimate photos and live-feed video speak for themselves and put the thrust of this thread to lie.

The truth is that liberal/progrssive denial of the rising sentiment is endangered.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The reason TPTB are trying to convince people that the number of people at the 9/12 march in DC was low, is because they don't want people to know that they have power in numbers.

Obama is going to be on 5 shows on TV on Sunday.
Why? To get face time and try to hypnotize people by being charismatic and making promises of change.

Whats working, what success has there been?
The only change we can see is that the banks and PTB are getting more money and the constitution keeps getting trampled on.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Come on, Ash. You can do better. That report doesn't label right-wingers anything of the sort. It labels right-wing extremists as potential terrorists and highlights an increase in their activity - which has come to pass.

Thank you, Mel. Now go and look up what they label 'right wing extremists.'

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

so only right wingers uphold the constitution???
.. and liberals and dems are out to destroy it?? am i missing something here?? wasnt it G.W Bush and the right wing that screwed up the economy?? .. boy oh boy.. and isnt it holier than thou right wingers the ones that are trying to force evangelical/baptist dogma into law??? and some people wonder why they get called the american taliban

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by AshleyD

I really didn't give a rats ass about the right in this country until the lead up to bush minor's splendid little war when those of us who protested it had insults, eggs and threats hurled at us and were called traitors and terrorist sympathizers and that we hated America and all that crap...I may have disagreed with the right before then but my attitude was live and let live...since I have come to see them as a canker sore on the ass of America...especially when it comes to the likes of mush loosebowels and this ilk.

Am I wrong to feel this way? Yes and I admit it...I believe that the right are naive patsies being played by the more corrupt corporate interests for their benefit but never once have I claimed that they hated their country or anything like it...nor would I.

How do you feel about Obama's war in Afghanistan? It is his war now and he does not have a clear action plan anywhere in sight. He is to busy campaigning for his healthcare bill today instead of dealing with the major problems that are currently glaring at us in the face. Yet another stump speech to a friendly AFL-CIO crowd today. Nice.

BTW. Obama has been bought and sold by his corporate cronies on Wall Street. Hell he filled his cabinet with them. Your double standard is myopic.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Thank you, Mel. Now go and look up what they label 'right wing extremists.'

I did. It generally focuses on racist/neo-nazis and violent anti-government, special interest (e.g., Christian identity) and militia groups. The sort of places that spawn the people that kill domestically in the US. Indeed, there's been a few already this year, and many in the past.

Are you part of a white-supremicist group (p 2)? A militia (p. 2)? a violent christian identity group (p. 4)?

Do paranoid conspiracy theories make you want to pick up a gun and shoot your neighbour/policeman/local mayor/nearest reptilian/an abortion doctor? If so, you might be classed as an 'extremist individual' (p. 4), like the dude who shot up a few cops in Pittsburgh. Do such conspiracies motivate you to join the local militia/neo-nazi group?

It's a great pity that paranoid conspiracy theories appear to motivate people of certain characters to go postal. But I guess it sort of goes with the area. Telling people that jews are gonna pinch ya dummy and Obama is actually the anti-christ who will bring destruction on the free-world might have a rather (un)expected effect on people of a certain disposition.

You seem fairly well-hinged to me. But if you want to class yourself as a right-wing extremist, that's up to you. At no point does it suggest, from what I see, that you are.

Show me a bit that makes you think it includes you. I tend to think you're being a bit, well, lets say paranoid.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by melatonin]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

When right wing talk radio blah blah blah's encourage their listeners to show up at town hall meetings packing heat in a not so subtle veiled threat and then justify it as 2nd amendment rights when everyone knows exactly what it is...then yes it is a low level terrorist threat because it only takes one crack pot to take it all too seriously.

I would have said the same thing if some fool on the left showed up packing heat as well.

There is no place for such behaviour in a civil discourse whatsoever.

Every time someone who proports to speak for conservative/right wing opens their mouth it seems there is some sort of slur racial or otherwise...Micheal Savage, Ann Coulter and mush loosebowels have made careers of it...no where on the left is anyone as rabid as those three... and they are moderate compared to some.

If I think the right is a pack of dangerous mentally deranged gun toting neo fascists they have no one to blame for it except themselves and their behaviour.

BTW I DO NOT LIKE OBAMA'S WAR IN AFGHANISTAN. bush minor started it though after 9/11 and after that horror even I saw no other response but I did not like it... and there is a lot I don't like about the Obama administration so far but there is also a lot I like...as for health care reform not being a pressing issue that is where you are wrong and all politicos talk to friendly audiences so talking to the AFL-CIO is nothing one way or the other.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by grover]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

hi ahsley.. bit of a fan on u'r posts.. how ever.. on this one i have to say..
the reason for the fed docs. would probably have to do with right wing nutjobs who have bombed abortion clinics, spawned how many killings.. and so forth.. yea i know that guy in michigan wasnt right wing. but thats one, compared to how many physical attacks perpetrated by the right wing who demand to have the right to be hatefull and to hurt gays, women ,children , and generally people who dont agree with them.. yes its gotten down to name calling and other B.S but i didnt hear not one of these people complaining about obama say one word about what Bush was doing.. where were the people protesting about him and his cronies raping the economy?? and i wouldnt doubt that most of the people complaing about Obama voted for Bush the second time around.... i'm neither leftist or right wing.. and cant really call myself a liberal.. and these people are getting on my nerves so i can see why some on the left and center are getting fed up and starting to call out some of this crap from the right.. or these days sould i call it reich.. cause its really starting to sound like this is the case

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover as a libertarian I have no problem with you believing in whatever you want however now you are doing the same thing of which you claim to be a victim of.

Glad you are passionate, but from the outside looking in, if you took away the names and faces of Obama and Bush and only judged them by their policies I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

-Engaging in illegal global wars that bankrupt the nation? Check.
-Illegal domestic warrant-less spying and detention of American citizens? Check.
-Expansion of fascism through Government buyouts of private companies? Check.
-Using the media to cover up lies and corruption? Check.
-Special interests in their staff and political favors? Check.
-Use of torture? Check.
-Pushing the NAU? Check.
-Globalist agenda resulting in the loss of US Sovereignty of the CFR / UN / etc.? Check.

The list goes on and on but tell me where the difference here is...

Perhaps you should let go of the pain of getting beat up in the school yard of ignorant Bush pucker-suckers just to get your nose brown from Obama and do the exact same thing. Wake up to the harsh reality that is slapping the country in the face. These two people answer to the same masters and that is not you or I. The same goes for all the other divisions in the MSM and political aisles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join