It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Civil War pictures released by the library of congress...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
They look fake to me. What were they using then? The latest digital black and white camera from Kodak? They released these new photos because they have the technology to fabricate them. Propaganda is everywhere.

If you took the time to go to the Library of Congress and saw the actual pics themselves, you'd be surprised at how clear and sharp they actually were. The ones you see in books are not as clear because of the printing process.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by likeabull
I just viewed the photos. Looks like no Union soldiers died in the war. WoW, just to think the only soldiers that died were the Confederates. Oh boy, I guess this rewrites history. What an Eye Popper.

Don't be so ignorant.

This is not combat photography.

The photos from the battleground were probably taken the next day after all the union dead and wounded were removed from the battlefield.

Possibly one of the battles near D.C. If we won, the press would ride there by train or carriage and take photos and write descriptions.
for the paper.

If the confederacy lost the battle and retreated there would logically be no one to remove their bodies from the battle field.

Not propaganda,just the way it turned out.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by calcoastseeker]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Not all of these are new....but there are some that I have not seen. Thanks for posting them!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If you liked those these are pretty cool too. They are color pics from WW1.

www.worldwaronecolorphotos.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Seems like everytime I clicked a dead guy picture, it was a confederate?

Are they trying to get people to stand behind the government again during the next civil war by showing what happens to those who oppose it?

It's probably because the po' folk from the South couldn't afford that-there newfangled, picture takin' device that had just come out during that time.

Cool pics.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Whats a shame is that after film was invented and glass plate negatives were no longer needed many of those old glass negatives got recycled into windows for houses and greenhouses, especially.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Looks like the web host has added a few more pics here and there!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

They released these new photos because they have the technology to fabricate them. Propaganda is everywhere.

OK, so what do these fabricated photos mean then?

They constantly produce more "evidence" to further embed the American myth. Almost everything we've been taught since birth is either a lie ore so twisted that it serves the same purpose. This kind of thing is to drive the lies deeper into the mind of humanity. At this point we are brainwashed to the point where we no longer question anything.

Oh yes, so freaking true! In school I was taught that the war was about slavery, and at home it was about freedom of the States. I was taught to hate the Yankees, and everything Yankee, (Japs too) but none o that hate stuck on me. Ask anyone on the street what the Civil War was over, that will all say to free the slaves. They will also tell you that Lincoln was one of the best presidents ever, and did nothing wrong. Ha!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yeah, me too, and I tried it this morning too. My PC loads that page in about 1.5 minutes all told. Of course I run Fedora 11 with 1.47 Gb of memory on an Elite Group board. Guess that could be why it loads fast for me. I just wish everyone would tell Microsoft to go to hell and install Linux on their PC for free. Break the corporate giant!
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
www.fsf.org...

The Fedora Project is out front for you, leading the advancement of free, open software and content. fedoraproject.org...

Top 10 Reasons Linux is better than Windows
www.reichel.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join