It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Civil War pictures released by the library of congress...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Im trying to see these pics for myself, but it seems that i am the only person that the link wont work for....

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Can somebody post the pictures here.

I have tried multiple times and can not view them.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Its always nice to add some pictures to the original post

Also I cant get your link to work. I have tried many ways. I even googled it and found a link to the same site on other sites and those dont work either. Do you have any you could post?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think the originallly linked site has exceeded it's bandwidth... some pictures posted on the original post would be muchly appreciated

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by way2slo

Thank you for posting! My son is a civil war reenactor and will love these. I personally find it utterly heart breaking that even happened, but I guess we lived and learned as a country.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

For me, it just takes a really long time for the site to load and for the pictures to show. Did you try waiting a really long time or did it actually say the link was broken, etc?

EDIT: I would save them all and upload them but that would probably take all day and I must be going. Sorry. I am sure others will help.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Pictures load for me fine.I say it's a software problem for those who can't.In any case they are very insightful pics to say the least.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Its very slow to load now unlike when I 1st viewed them,have a beer and a smoke and the page will be loaded by then!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Seems like everytime I clicked a dead guy picture, it was a confederate?

Are they trying to get people to stand behind the government again during the next civil war by showing what happens to those who oppose it?

Maybe this album was taken by a single photographer - possibly a yank...

Maybe not.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Really awesome. Something about old photos that really get me excited. I guess because I've always been a big history buff. Thanks a lot, really cool post. * and flag...
found these two especially gruesome and interesting... my how times have changed...
Hanging...Disembowed

thanks again!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

No it's probably just an issue of traffic... My pc loads them fine but it takes probably about 5 minutes... so at first I thought maybe there was a problem with formatting or software.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
this is great! thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I live in Atlanta and have been taught about the civil war all of my life. My family has a private cemetary and it has a section for the confederate soldiers as well as a section for the slaves. It was a horrible war over horrible things and yes the south had it much worse than the north. I hope every one can learn from this and not go down that path again.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They are very good pic's when i look at them it's hard to believe how far humanity has come in such a short space of time.
But another thing about them how come it's took so long to release them i would have thought they all would have been released way before now.
Again very good pics S+F

THANKYOU

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I was thinking about the whole release thing too but there's a good possibility that these were released now because the negatives from then had to be restored to develop-able condition.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Photography was exploding during the period. The only real big event at the time was the war....

They were recorded on glass plates not film. I'm pretty sure throughout this country there are plenty of these plates stored away in attics just waiting to be dusted off and developed. There are potentially thousands still sitting around to be shown. They just simply haven't been looked at in the past 100 years or more.

Do ebay searches you'll find collectors who snap this sort of things up quickly. They may not be civil war related.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks that makes sense just seemed weird it took so long.
And thanks to you bra1nwash.

THANKYOU

[edit on 043030p://2009-09-13T16:15:20-05:00139 by mars1]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very interesting pictures.

It's kind of depressing though....Is this really what it must come down to for us to get our country back?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The capitol was not being constructed.It was being added on to essentially putting on the dome we see and know today to replace a more simpler design.

The roof of the rotunda inside the building is the inside of the old dome.

Lincoln insisted that construction of the new dome continue during the war.

And yes they are in a way fake. Most of them were staged for effect. Experts have found the same dead bodys in multiple photos showing different scenes
of the battle site.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I just viewed the photos. Looks like no Union soldiers died in the war. WoW, just to think the only soldiers that died were the Confederates. Oh boy, I guess this rewrites history. What an Eye Popper.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join