It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Civil War pictures released by the library of congress...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I like how you can see some of the capitol being built in the background of some of these photographs!

www.mikelynaugh.com...

[edit on 13-9-2009 by way2slo]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
very cool, S&F for you!!!

I've always found the Civil War fascinating as well as appalling.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Awesome pics!! My Mom is a retired history teacher, just sent her a link to this page, Thanks...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by way2slo

Good find Way 2 Slo,

Those pictures are amazing. Its just hard to believe that there was so much death and destruction back then in the days when there were no cars and trucks.

In that one photo with the cannons and cannon balls in the foreground on the island by the river shows that Richmond, Virginia was totally destroyed.

Its terrible that people kill other people.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Seems like everytime I clicked a dead guy picture, it was a confederate?

Are they trying to get people to stand behind the government again during the next civil war by showing what happens to those who oppose it?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Here come the conspiracy theories haha

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I love to see these old photos of a time past!
Makes you stop and think that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I liked the one of General Custer.
He looked so confident.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
These photos are absolutely incredible... thank you so much for posting. I have already emailed the link out.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Seems like everytime I clicked a dead guy picture, it was a confederate?

Are they trying to get people to stand behind the government again during the next civil war by showing what happens to those who oppose it?

The confederates didn't have many photographers and none that stayed
with the troops like brady did. The war dead were usually confederates
as the nothern public wouldnt pay to view pictures of their own dead. Kinda like early propaganda now that I think of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Such carnage and destruction to our very own. Those pictures are very telling and a reminder of how cruel and despicable Civil War can be. Lets hope this nation never goes down that dark and bitter road again. I couldn't even imagine what it was like during those days and the violent division among the people. I have always been fascinated by the Civil War and these pictures only heighten my interest even further, thanks for sharing. Star and Flag, good find!

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
They look fake to me. What were they using then? The latest digital black and white camera from Kodak? They released these new photos because they have the technology to fabricate them. Propaganda is everywhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I totally agree, the photos are appalling, but this is what happened the last time Americans decided to be free of government tyranny and taxation. I am hopeful that the next time this happens, and it will happen, that so many of the States walk out and quit the corporation, the corporation will no longer be viable and will crumble. Also, the person who called Civil War photographs "propaganda" was right on, these were the original propaganda in America. This is where the tyrants in the form of a democracy took over America, lock, stock, and barrel, and began to shove executive orders down our collective throats.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
They released these new photos because they have the technology to fabricate them. Propaganda is everywhere.

OK, so what do these fabricated photos mean then?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
They released these new photos because they have the technology to fabricate them. Propaganda is everywhere.

OK, so what do these fabricated photos mean then?

They constantly produce more "evidence" to further embed the American myth. Almost everything we've been taught since birth is either a lie ore so twisted that it serves the same purpose. This kind of thing is to drive the lies deeper into the mind of humanity. At this point we are brainwashed to the point where we no longer question anything.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
some realy good photos,just looked at them all

That last one was pretty bad,I take it andersonville prison camp was pretty harsh!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Well, it seems he/she/they MAY lean to the confederate side.

Here is the link to the confederate parade: www.mikelynaugh.com...

I do not know for sure. What do you all think?
Main Page

EDIT TO ADD:

Okay, so it seems they have a civil war remembrance day which seems to include both sides. Back in 2004, why only have a confederate parade?

To each his own I suppose. It looks about equal when I look at the photos for the remembrance day.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Andersonville was harsh, and prisoners did starve. However, the Confederate Armies were also on starvation rations at the time. The greater crimes were hellholes such as Elmyra, Camp Chase, Point Lookout, and others. These were Union prisons in the well-fed, well-supplied Union, where Confederate prisoners were intentionally exterminated.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They constantly produce more "evidence" to further embed the American myth.

OK, precisely which myth are you talking about.

The north was good? the south was bad? There was no war? America doesn't actually exist? Robert E Lee had a toupee?

[edit on 113030p://f57Sunday by badgerprints]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

Thanks for the reply mate
I will google those names later

cheers

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join