It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Republicans Want? - A Real Question

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I read it some months back when a guy that was a childhood friend died in the waiting room at Parkland after waiting 19 hours to be seen... He was a Mexican-American named Mike Herrera whose family owns the numerous eating establishments in the Dallas area and had pre existing conditions that made it impossible to get insurance coverage...... There was a great deal of Mexican bashing in an on line blog following his death in either The Dallas Morning News or The Dallas Observer where I read a post by a person that worked there accepting payments and proof of insurance..... Other people also posted substantiating what she had stated in her post.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Your living room is your "family" room. It belongs to your family.

A country belongs to its people. It is raised on the principles in which the people lived in it.

The "world" works the same way. If aliens came in trying to change the worlds operations as a whole - you think people will like it?

While YOU might believe your opinion might be the best, you must also think that every person in this country against illegal immigration has the wrong opinion.

There are very few people actually on your side - and among those are our leaders which see some sort of benefit to these illegal immigrants. ILLEGAL.

Enter the country legally, pay your taxes, work, and you are just as American to me as any other fellow.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
Wouldn't it be possible to fix the wasteful spending in the healthcare system without reforming it completely? Then maybe take those funds and subsidize insurance for people that cannot afford it.

It might be possible. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. But there are three hundred million people in this country with different ideas on what should be done and how it should be done. We have elected "leaders" to decide that job for the country. We may disagree with how they're doing it (I actually agree with you), but this is what the ones "in power" have decided is best for now. Sure, we can disagree, but all 300 million aren't going to be pleased, no matter WHAT is done.

If thats how half is getting covered, then where is the other half coming from? I do not want to pay anymore than I already do in taxes.

If you take the 1.2 trillion that's being poured down the drain and apply it to the $900 billion that's needed for health care reform, we'll actually have an excess... Of course it wont work out perfectly, but there is no "other half". It's already being covered.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If people could live wherever they wanted too, you would have about 4 billion people trying to stuff into the resorts on Jamaica, Bahamas, and Hawaii.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What do republicans want BH? The republicans, like the tea baggers, like the armed chair revolutionaries want an imperialistic christrian nation with the word "Republic" written over it to keep face. Thats what they want.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join