It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google ignores 9/11

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Its because they only celebrate happy holidays. What do you want them to do? Shoudl they have 2 towers on fire with people hanging out of them on their logo? Also 9/11 isn't a global event, and google is a global website.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I didn't realize that 9/11 was a day to celebrate.

Maybe you ought to go back and read the op where he used the word "recognize".

Furthermore, you slam the thread. Is this really necessary as part of a civil debate?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I just wanted the men and woman who gave their lives trying to save others to have some recognition

They do have recognition, especially from the people that count. If it takes a doodle from Google for them to be recognized for their bravery or sacrifice then we've failed on so many other levels.

Personally I see the Google doodles as a bit silly, which is fine since they tend to use them to earmark rather general observations or the occasional birthday.

One thing Google would never do ( I would assume) is create doodles of tragic events.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yeah right on,screw google. Who do they think they are not reminding people all over the world about one of America's worst incidents. I know christmas,easter and 9/11 go hand in hand I just don't understand why you want death on your search engine?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's because anyone, that says anything about 9/11 is probably a terrorist. If you complain about people dying on 9/11, you are probably some sort of right-wing, truther nut or something. They wouldn't want to be grouped together with all of us, now would they?

To put some sort of logo on their site would be admitting that people died. Admitting that people died would be admitting that our government let us down. Admitting that is a sure fire way to get on the dreaded 'list.'

They really should have at least marked it with something....some small notice that they actually give a crap. Oh well...a few more years and we'll probably have it turned in to another excuse to buy each other presents and spend two billion on greeting cards.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Google does "doodles" about holidays, discoveries and other celebratory occasions... I mean if you celebrate 9/11 that's your call but personally I just think you want something to whine about.

Do you really think the people who died on that day would call up Google and complain about the doodle on their front page if they could? Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What is Google? A for-profit corporation.

And like any corporation they will get squeamish around highly incendiary topics like 9/11.

So they create a doodle, and it links to all manner of "truther" websites, or to forums like this one with all manner of posts calling the government official story a load of BS.

That's precisely what every corporation wants, to be the center of a firestorm like that. Then they'll be accused of fixing the page ranks of sites that come up when clicking on their 911 doodle, skewing them one way or the other. They can't win.

There's no Pearl Harbor doodle either.

Hell, I wish Google DID have a 911 doodle, cause that would be the best means to bring more awareness to the movement for truth behind it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Edit: I retract my statement.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Slash]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So they acknowledge the F****** Persian new year............but not one of the most horrific days in our countries existence....

Key points....

Who owns google?

How did they contribute to campaigns past and present?

What else do they own, or who else are they in business with or have done business with?

that should be all we need to know......if we ever find out

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
This isn't the first time soething wasn't acknoleged by google before. Can anyone help me figure out what it was before this.... let me see... Oh! I know, the Tian an men massacre of 1989! No pictures of it on google images so, I guess the US government is not letting people try to learn about this "unfourtunate terror attack".

take a poll of how many Americans even know what that is........

then take a poll of how many Americans know what 9/11 was.....

I'm sure you will find the answer you are looking for and hopefully would retract your statement for being so foolish

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by The Killah29
This isn't the first time soething wasn't acknoleged by google before. Can anyone help me figure out what it was before this.... let me see... Oh! I know, the Tian an men massacre of 1989! No pictures of it on google images so, I guess the US government is not letting people try to learn about this "unfourtunate terror attack".

take a poll of how many Americans even know what that is........

then take a poll of how many Americans know what 9/11 was.....

I'm sure you will find the answer you are looking for and hopefully would retract your statement for being so foolish

...It is not a popularity contest...

..And who cares what Americans know or think..do they have more of a say than the rest of the world population??...

(you are the typical self-centered American)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
one reason they probably don't promote it or recognize it is because if you search 911 you'll get pages like 911 conspiracy theories that pop up in the first few behind wiki. Google might not want to put a google/911 logo because the 1st thing everybody would do after seeing that would be to search it and then get the conspiracy stuff.Not sure just a plausible idea if were going in that direction.Peace

you're 100% right and that IS the reason why it wasn't acknowledged in the header.

They don't want to attract 9-11 attention on the web because its where the truth is and Google is a search engine! You will notice however, that they had a myriad of TV shows that day TELLING you what happened.

Do some research on good ol' Mr. Schmidt if you want to see how deep this rabbit hole really goes.

[edit on 9/12/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A 9/11 google is the last thing anyone wants to see . People are sick to the back teeth of having to watch this old false flag re run being shown on programs on tv all over europe. Who wants to watch this old nonsense over and again . If they made some cartoon google regarding the deaths and displacements of the hundreds of thousands dead or homeless in Iraq and Afghanistan , that would be something worth doing . But 9/11 ? , nobody cares for 9/11 anymore , not outside the usa . Nobody cared for it the day you started killing innocent people and invading innocent nations because of it.

Your miniscule offerings as regards your sufferings pales , pales into abject irrelevance compared to the suffering you caused because of it.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

So leaving aside the why of 9/11, I kind of reviewed in my head what happened since...

A hundred 9/11's took place, first in Afghanistan, then in Iraq and now in Pakistan...

Millions of innocent people were killed in these countries. Iraq alone beats the Guinness book of world records in 6 years. Thousands of homes and buildings were destroyed, millions lost their livelihoods, millions became refugees, millions are bereft...

Yet we still hear and read about the "terror" attack on New York. And all the others who were slaughtered by American terrorism do not get even one second of silence for their dead...

There is something very wrong with the world and with its perception of events...
There is something fundamentally wrong with the scales here. The scales of Justice that is...There are none.

In Iraq, there is daily a 9/11. Daily.

For the 2'000 something who died in the twin towers, we lost up 3'000 Iraqis in one day alone, at the height of the occupation. Today, 6 years on, if there are 10 dead a day, we say it's a good day. Yet no one remembers that.

After 13 years of barbarian sanctions when 1.5 million Iraqis perished, Madeleine Albright proudly said -- the price was well worth it.Imagine anyone of us saying 2'000 Americans dead was well worth it. Yet an official from the American government said it publicly, it went round the world...it was well worth it. No one seemed shocked by this. It was normal. Iraq is after all a "third world country".

Not long ago, an ex CIA man by the name of Charles Duelfer was interviewed on Al Sharqiya satellite Iraqi TV, he repeated Madeleine Albright's quote with a smile.
When the presenter asked him was 1.5 million Iraqis massacred since 2003 worth the price for regime change. Charles Duelfer smiled and said - Iraqis are a capable people, they will get over it.

There are no call in centers for victims of Terror to contact, no long term therapy for the families of the victims and no indemnities either. No courts of law, no judges, no tribunals, no juries to try the terrorists who murdered thousands of Iraqis and destroyed their homes, buildings, infrastructure, society...beyond recognition.

There is something very wrong with the world and its "values". It has none.

Take another example - Afghanistan. This very poor country with an increasingly very impoverished people, who has been through years of wars, first repelling the Russian invaders, and now the Americans and its allies...where thousands of innocent Afghans, entire families and villages decimated, turned into a mass of bones and ruins...it is truly a miracle that the Afghan are still resisting...it is a miracle indeed. A valiant, honorable people for sure.

Who remembers their daily 9/11 since 2001 ? No one.
Does anyone stand for a minute of silence to honor their dead ? no.
Does anyone ask for Justice insofar as the Afghans are concerned ? no.
Does any aid for the hundred 9/11's reach the Afghan victims ? no.

The American terrorists are still on the loose, there is no Guantanamo for them, no black shadow site prisons, no military tribunals, no forced feeding with tubes, no "enhanced interrogation techniques", no "stress positions", no Abu Ghraib, no Bagram...no justice. No justice for the victims of American Terror.

There is something very wrong with the world. Very wrong indeed.

arabwomanblues.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
If Google were to do a doodle for every day someone lost a loved one, saved a life and so on they would have to do a doodle EVERYDAY.

It's sad that only the "big" events catch the nerves and attention of others.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
They used to, but don't anymore. You guys don't find that odd?
You're right to complain about it OP, the media is completely ignoring us. As a recent example, youtube is censoring the crap out of the Charlie Sheen Page views and comments, it must be getting hot under the collar for the powers that be because they sure are afraid of us hitting mainstream lately. I think 9-11 truth is winning, numbers wise anyway, and they are in the midsts of a lockdown style panic reaction to that realization. Anybody else notice they don't show the towers collapsing anymore?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Its as if they're purposely trying to offend people. So, I called them and what I was told made me more angry.

You say you called them? Care to share what phone number you called?

Google has no published numbers, and an extensive online help forum
www.google.com...

Something smells... a little fishy

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Google has already responded to this. If you pay attention, you will have a tough time finding Google logos that are nation or politic specific. They try to stay away from anything that may be a hot button issue. You have to remember, Google is a world-wide system, not just here in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

I am with you. The whole world doesn't stop for 9/11. I appreciate it being a quiet even this year. It doesn't constantly need to be thrown in our faces. Are people gonna get upset if it doesn't show pearl harbor day? No.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Jesus Christ... why do you care?

I can't believe you wasted your time calling them to complain. They are under NO legal obligation to change their logo for any event.

If you want to remember 9/11 then do so. What did you want them to do? Change their logo into some sort of giant Jenga towers?

I doubt many people outside of America even cared it was 9/11. It's remarkable how petty and singleminded some people can be. I'm sure Google are shaking in their boots at the thought of you NOT using their search engine.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join