It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God made pre-humans into people, Vatican newspaper says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The article, published in the May 5-6 edition of L'Osservatore Romano, was written by Italian evolutionary biologist Fiorenzo Facchini....................This is an article in a newspaper written by a biologist. It has all the veracity of an opinion and absolutely no ecclesiatical weight. The Catholic church did not add a new book to the Bible, the sad fact being that no one would pay attention (much less tithes) if they did. Sometimes thinking about what is written can be stimulating. To be educational, who wrote what and why also need to be understood.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
ok, paving the way for "official introduction" of our industrious "ancestors" to the masses.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too quick to believe anything the Vatican says. They are the sorry a**holes that used the belief of God for control and slaughter of the masses during the dark ages.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

OMG, and I say that advisedly - you think Vat City is believable?

If Jesus was here on earth he would stride into Vatican City and overthrow the whole lot.

They are corrupt, they are wrong, they are outdated, they are rich as hell and all they want is money.

God created - He created all knowledge and all beings, and I am tired of these predators of the Lord and their stupid pronouncements. They spend their lives sitting in there like spiders, spinning their webs to catch their wealth.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by INSANCT
So the question I've always wanted to know so if God did exist and was the almighty creator - who created God???? just seems like a fictional based story, something to for people to believe and have faith in, I was raised in a Catholic family but there are way too many flaws in the stories told.

Good question, but here's a few more:
- Where did the first cell come from that started the evolution process?
- Where did the gasses come from that started the big bang?
- Where did outer space come from?

These, like your question, are impossible for humans to fathom. The reason is because in our experiences here on earth, everything has a beginning and an end...including us...we are born and then we die; we start working and then we stop working; we eat a meal and then we take a crap; and so on and so on. Our brains (that we use less than 7% of) just can't wrap themselves around concepts like infinity.

The bottom line is that you can think as hard as you like about whatever theory, but none is really believable, so I just say go with what your heart tells you.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The evidence in religious myths, cultural myths is very prominent in this fact, and also many scholars are also discovering about our genom being different to a large extent and many of the genes we have is not found on earth...the African tribe called the DOGON they say they are from the star system called Sirius, and also the Mayans tribe who are still alive with their ancient knowledge say that "THE GODS THAT WILL RETURN" they say that first people to come down will be the Sirians because they are apparently the Father of human civilization...Apparently in major parts of india this is actually valid statement saying that we are from other star systems and we were created to be here...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

It is. At least one side of the silly debate is realising that creation and evolution are mutually exclusive. I am suprised that it's that side, but sometimes suprises can be good things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join