It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God made pre-humans into people, Vatican newspaper says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

It seems as though they are trying to rationalize with increasing scientific thought among the world.

We can continue to rationalize, old and flawed theories or we can accept that maybe god didn't create us.

To take the first options means we're just trying to grasp at straws. Someone is afraid of losing their influence. Their biggest mistake was accepting that there is credit to the theory of evolution.

One would have to ask, if god is omnipotent why does he take so many illogical steps? Why not just; make it so. (As the bible claims he doesn't even though he dreams up complex ways to distort a simple problem. )

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Actually the ability to write, create technology, think and philosophy, etc. did not occur overnight; it just happens that humanity had more time for leisure and thinking after the creation of agriculture.

The hunter-gatherers did not have time to come with all of this stuff due to always having to roam around looking for food. Their existence consisted mainly in survival. However, once agriculture was developed, villages and settlements were created.

Once settlements were created, larger human populations were able to be sustained and finally some people were capable of specializing in only one matter (writing, creation of weapons, etc) without having to worry about going hunting.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
it seems to me like they are saying that we where apes...then BOOM logical thinking humans,

@rep 08

yea it does seem like there are no sources and they are trying to take credit for evolution and all that

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Hiya Phi, it seems like a silly story to me. The last two Popes have accepted evolution publicly.

“They are presented as alternatives that exclude each other,” the pope said. “This clash is an absurdity because on one hand there is much scientific proof in favor of evolution, which appears as a reality that we must see and which enriches our understanding of life and being as such.” Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here He said evolution did not answer all the questions: “Above all it does not answer the great philosophical question,
Link Pope Benedict

"In a major statement of the Roman Catholic Church's position on the theory of evolution, Pope John Paul II has proclaimed that the theory is 'more than just a hypothesis' and that evolution is compatible with Christian faith. In a written message to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the pope said the theory of evolution has been buttressed by scientific studies and discoveries since Charles Darwin ... "It is indeed remarkable that this theory has progressively taken root in the minds of researchers following a series of discoveries made in different spheres of knowledge', the pope said in his message Wednesday. 'The convergence, neither sought nor provoked, of results of studies undertaken independently from each other constitutes, in itself, a significant argument in favor of this theory..." "If taken literally, the Biblical view of the beginning of life and Darwin's scientific view would seem irreconcilable. In Genesis, the creation of the world, and Adam, the first human, took six days. Evolution's process of genetic mutation and natural selection-the survival and proliferation of the fittest new species-has taken billions of years, according to scientists ..."
Pope John Paul

The 'evolutionary biologist' would never suggest that we evolved from chimpanzees because we didn't. As 'soft science' like psychology continues to develop, we are seeing that 'reflective thought' is present in chimps, bonobos, parrots and crows. They've demonstrated it by planning ahead and carrying out actions like tool-making and accessing food in controlled conditions.

If there's any accuracy to the story, it indicates imo a religious institution struggling to maintain integrity against evidence that doesn't support the Old Testament. Science has to change in some way every day. Religious institutions don't have the luxury. Catholicism's incredibly slow acceptance that many fossils are thousands and millions of years older than Man shows how difficult they are finding change. Pre-human??! WTF!?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by phi1618

No problem. Another add, November 21 and 22 i believe, apparently a UFO is going to land in Florida, during a football game i believe when cameras are pointing at it. Following on November 27, Obama will announce an Alien presence, that is friendly. 6 if I am correct, but who knows. This was said in a Project Camelot interview with Dr. Pete Peterson.

This adds to this, because i am guessing all will see their Messiah. Jesus. this is just me guessing, but it seems plausible if it is going to happen.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by gandhi]

i hope they do
that would be a sight to die for lol

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- While apes evolved naturally into pre-human creatures, it was the will and desire of God that turned them into humans, an article in the Vatican newspaper said.

"The formation of human beings necessitated a particular contribution by God, though it remains that their emergence was brought about by natural causes" of evolution, it said.

Does anyone remember Giordano Bruno, who said that the sun was one of many stars, which was a problem for the Vatican because that meant that each planet had its own Jesus on it. So they burned him, problem solved.

Now look what they have to do.
Evolution works for the dumb animals but humans required a special contribution form God!

Of course they did!

How long before the Vatican admits that there are many gods not just one, who are really ailiens that gentically modified the existing primates into humans, then one of the subordinate gods went against orders and upgraded Adam and Eve with awareness, for which he got punished. And that Satan is really the good guy, the original human rights activist, if you will, and 'god' is really a big tyrant.

Ahhh, I bet they wish for the good old days when they could burn whoever they wanted, no mental acrobatics no nothing.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by tungus]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is ridiculous to me .
Who gave the Catholic church the authority change Gods word to suit themselves ?
Their whole religion is supposed to be based on the scriptures and yet they keep coming out with crap that has nothing to do with them .
They should just throw all their bibles into a bonfire since they obviously don't believe a word of it .
Imo their religion is more about worshiping themselves rather than God , whom they seem to think they have more authority than .
Its joke really

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Takka]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The Vatican has no more clue than anyone else

However, they have to pretend to 'know'

just like any other religion

They have to pretend a monopoly on knowledge and truth

You know as much as do religious leaders. It's just that you don't make your living out of claiming to be the 'owners' of knowledge and truth

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
They've gotten pretty much everything else wrong...

I'll strike this one up as wrong too.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
@rep 08

yea it does seem like there are no sources and they are trying to take credit for evolution and all that

They have no sources, except the bible, and whatever else they've tweaked in it in the past.

They have said the same thing before, their thinking has always been the offensive against science, and the vatican is clearly on the defensive, seemingly trying to put labels on anything, before they come to be proven.

Just like when the vatican said 'God is okie dokie with Aliens'.

Great, fan #in tastic. Now we've got the fact that if aliens come down, that this doesn't upset the bible.

Now evolution, although breaking ribs, and holding dust, seems a bit outdated now, we're gonna jump on the back of evolution, or just put a label on it.

GOD DID IT.

Grasping at straws in my eyes, trying to find understanding, while in the back of their minds, saying "God did it".

An omnipotent, omniscient, omnigreathideandseeker! being, obviously, is behind all things.

They are trying to keep up with modern times, and they know they can't for long, without hanging on the curtails.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Takka

Hey hey, hold up! How do you know for sure that the scriptures weren't tampered with or total tales to begin with no matter how much of a devout Christian you are?

Like a few post already said, This is just evidence of "reality” catching up with man's primitive reductive way of viewing the world. Maybe the all mighty God should take some of his own authority back and certify his words. Maybe God doesn’t have to because, everything will speak for itself. Unless the whole damn universe is an illusion.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the book that brings the coin into the RC church CLEARLY states how man was created.

Are they now saying that the book is just a tale?

Such a change in teaching is JUST as drastic as saying well... Jesus was just a guy... And well... The wrong Mary got the role as the holy mother.... Uhm oh yeah... And Jesus wasn't nailed to a cross, he was zip tied and was tortured for a few days and a humane guard said he was dead and out of compassion let him down... And uhm... Time travelers picked him up in a ufo and uhm fed him hot wings from the brown derby... After 3 days, he missed his chick, ya know? And wanted to go back but rather reveal the tech he said he was in heaven (Must admit I love the wings too) etc etc etc.

Something IS NOT RIGHT or NOT WRONG maybe with that church.

2 Personalities? Well well well WHICH ONE runs the church and just what is that personality's INTENTION with " 'dis info "?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm a religious person, though I don't follow any specific denomination. My own personal belief has, for a long time, been that there is a creator (God). However, I'm a very scientifically minded person as well. How do I bring these two things together? Well, while I believe that it would have been possible for God to simple bring everything into existence with no perceivable rhyme or reason, I believe that instead he outlined the rules and laws of science. Physics, chemistry, biology, etc.. I believe that evolution is truth. I believe though, that evolution was the method chosen by God to result in the creation of life as we know it. My personal belief is that God created the groundwork and kicked the ball to start it rolling, then has sat back and observed for the most part.

Some of you may think less of me for this, but it's just simply been the beliefs I've operated under for most of my life. It seems right to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
The Roman church is always trying to scholasticize mysterious things. From transubstantiation, to the temperature of the fires of hell and now to evolution...what's wrong with saying "These things were not given to us to know, it's a mystery?"

Hi monk/

A simple answer indeed!

An honest answer to your question of ...''what's wrong with saying "These things were not given to us to know, it's a mystery''?
Is that PRIDE was the first SIN of the fallen angel Lucifer...
I guess 'HUMBLE' is not in their vocabulary or of the many so called Theologians of our times!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Genesis 1:27 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7 (King James Version)

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

According to the bible man was formed,created in the image and likeness of God. well that would mean God is a monkey if we go by evolutionist standards. God is either a man or a monkey. if it was evolution it would look like this.

Let us make man to evolve in our image and our likeness. and God formed beast and it evolved into man and it became a living soul.

It doesn't say that so we take it literally when he says he "Created" us it was the current creation we reside in now. find me a monkey in transition to mankind and i'll believe you.

Keeper

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by phi1618

No problem. Another add, November 21 and 22 i believe, apparently a UFO is going to land in Florida, during a football game i believe when cameras are pointing at it. Following on November 27, Obama will announce an Alien presence, that is friendly. 6 if I am correct, but who knows. This was said in a Project Camelot interview with Dr. Pete Peterson.

This adds to this, because i am guessing all will see their Messiah. Jesus. this is just me guessing, but it seems plausible if it is going to happen.

Well hell yeah I live in FL! IF this is true where in FL is this game suppose to take place??

Do you have a link to this information?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

Hi Keeper/

find me a monkey in transition to mankind and i'll believe you.

Well, that is exactly what I have told those that Believe that we are APES!
With all the Scientific experiments over the years(could be thousand of years,who knows?)why has not one species evolved into another species?
If anything evolves, it does so with it's OWN kind!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

reply to post by phi1618

Hmm...Interesting claim that this Peterson guy makes. i would say... "let the record reflect" which in my own words are "this is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard"
who told him..where did he get the information. Did Barack Obama tell him? I Think not!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
this is funny. They realized that one of the biggest doubt of religion is evolution, so naturally they found a way to connect Religion with evolution. Watch, a few decades from now they will be teaching kids that god was responsible for evolution all along.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So the question I've always wanted to know so if God did exist and was the almighty creator - who created God???? just seems like a fictional based story, something to for people to believe and have faith in, I was raised in a Catholic family but there are way too many flaws in the stories told.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join