It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at this auctual article from 1955 good housekeeping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.

During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

A good wife always knows her place.

j-walk.com...

All I can say is it sounds like my husband has been doing some reading.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

seen this before..all I'll say is-
BURN IT

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Sounds like they wanted you to be a servant then!
I will do things for my man but I will not be a servant to him. He can light the fire if he wants it lit! I do make dinner nightly and I enjoy it and I do leave him alone for the first 15mins he is home. I say hi but I dont ask him anything when he first gets home. I know he needs to relax first and it doesnt bother me. I am the same way though, dont bother me for at least 20mins when I get home. I have to get settled first!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What! That is absolutely crazy, ive never seen that article before. But I guess thats the way it use to be. The ending was just something else.. "A good wife should know her place." LOLWHAT.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Jess_Undefined]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
*walks in ... reads ... backs away slowly*

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
~bumps into SD on the way in(hey dude !) walks in ...stands there waits~
~listens... realizes whats going on ... jumps out window~

[edit on 11-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Something to think about.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

funny....real funny

[edit on 9/12/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
LMAO! Being a man in the 50's must have been a pretty freakin easy life. I like this smiley, represents what my last girlfriend did hahaha.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
seen this before..all I'll say is-
BURN IT

I'm all for women's rights - But it would be terribly decent of you to keep this kind of talk until after dinner is ready, and please don't share your ideas with other women... We must maintain order you know.

*NT raises little finger to corner of mouth and awaits a satisfying slap

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I wish I could post the entire thing.. but it reminds me of the affairs of women in this western civilizations text book that I put my mouse on.

Basically it was a man writing about how his wife was pretty much his property, and the only conversations they had were about their marriage or questions of the household.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That's really funny, but I was kinda just about sick on the spot that it was ever taken seriously by anyone. I can think of a few choice replies to someone who would expect this behavious from me......like....

"You're late...your dinner is in the dog"

"The dirty socks you stuck to the carpet for me to pick up yesterday are filed in the compost heap today...everything else will follow if you don't take the hint"

"Sorry....who are you? And what are you doing in my house?"

and finally.....

"I'm going out
"

I'm sure there are hundreds more but i'm kinda in a little feminist fog just now.....

top topics

join