It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama's Speech on Health Care

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
He was appealing to the heartstrings for a cold blooded plan to cut healthcare costs. I do not buy the idea that government controlled healthcare will treat cancer patients humanely. It is true that the government will not foreclose on houses of cancer patients. Cancer patients will just be told they can't have expensive treatments or expensive doctors.

I wonder how much of this deep desire among certain fractions of the government to force an incredibly unpopular plan down the throats of Americans has to do with the NAU. Maybe Canada is making government controlled healthcare a sticking point for the NAU.




posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here is one statement that caught my attention:


First, if you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the V.A., nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have.


Source: www.foxnews.com...

What I find interesting is that he left out my demographic. The self employed, who buy our own insurance. Guess I can count on my coverage changing, huh?



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD
 




Can you believe people were booing him, when he said the coverage was not going to apply to illegal aliens? Nancy Pelosi looked furious. I want to know exactly who was booing.


It was US Rep Joe Wilson from South Carolina; he said "You Lie!".



I didn't hear much new in the speech, except that he put a price tag of $900 billion on it. He will live to regret that, btw. And he said he will not add a single dollar to the deficit to pay for it. Another lie.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jsobecky]



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Here is one statement that caught my attention:


First, if you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the V.A., nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have.


Source: www.foxnews.com...

What I find interesting is that he left out my demographic. The self employed, who buy our own insurance. Guess I can count on my coverage changing, huh?


Your source is a Right Wing news outlet. Find something actually credible.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry
 



Your source is a Right Wing news outlet. Find something actually credible.


Huh? I heard this from Obama's mouth, with my own ears. I merely used the souce for the transcript of the speech, to ensure I wrote the quote correctly. How can you possibly have a problem with that?

Give me a break with your blind defense of this guy. Did you even look at the source? Obama has told you Fox New is biased, so you assume everything they print or broadcast is biased. Tell, me...how do they put a slant on presenting a weather report or a sports score? Please!!!!!!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WTFover]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WTFover]



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by GorehoundLarry
 



Your source is a Right Wing news outlet. Find something actually credible.


Huh? I heard this from Obama's mouth, with my own ears. I merely used the souce for the transcript of the speech, to ensure I wrote the quote correctly. How can you possibly have a problem with that?

Give me a break with your blind defense of this guy. Did you even look at the source? Obama has told you Fox New is biased, so you assume everything they print or broadcast is biased. Tell, me...how do they put a slant on presenting a weather report or a sports score? Please!!!!!!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WTFover]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WTFover]


Well one can never be too careful with Fox, but you are correct about the other stuff. It didn't matter if he posted the same clip from CNN or MSNBC Obama said the same thing on those channels. For the record I think all 3 of those networks are biased.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by 3vilscript]



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover
 


No, Obama never told me Fox is biased, I kind of let Fox tell me that already with their programming and their message. If you haven't noticed, there are some threads on here even claiming the same thing



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry
 



First, if you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have.


Source: www.cnn.com...


First, if you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have.


Source: www.cbsnews.com...


First, if you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have.


Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

OMG! The quote is the same on CBS News, CNN and The Huffington Post as it is on Fox News! Someone should notify Fox and correct that. Surely its an oversight.

You know, the OP was inviting a discussion of the speech, which is what I did. If, in response to my post, all you had was a bash of Fox (totally unrelated to the OP), you should have just left it alone. You just ended up showing your behind.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry
 


You mean biased in the way that they were the only ones covering the scandalous crap with ACORN and SEIU for the last 9 months while CNN MSNBC and ABC continue their hump fest of Obama?

Biased like being the ones covering whats happening with ACORN helping out someone cover their taxes even after knowing they were planning on trafficking under age girls in for the sex trade?

Hmm interesting...........I agree FOX can be right leaning , but they are STILL the ones reporting the issues while your love festing Obamanauts news agencies, and supporters ignore or outright deny everything that happens right in front of your face.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by GorehoundLarry
 


You mean biased in the way that they were the only ones covering the scandalous crap with ACORN and SEIU for the last 9 months while CNN MSNBC and ABC continue their hump fest of Obama?

Biased like being the ones covering whats happening with ACORN helping out someone cover their taxes even after knowing they were planning on trafficking under age girls in for the sex trade?

Hmm interesting...........I agree FOX can be right leaning , but they are STILL the ones reporting the issues while your love festing Obamanauts news agencies, and supporters ignore or outright deny everything that happens right in front of your face.




Nice little tirade there.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It was a great speech. US President Obama came through and you will have affordable Health Insurance, my American friends.
Pres Obama was very impressive and whomever played the main part in developing his speech, should become one of Pres Obama's Senior Advisers too.

Decoy



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I enjoyed the speech. Congresses reactions though sounded like a high school auditorium. It is one thing to hear someone yell liar, quite another to hearing "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!" from half of congress. It really makes me think, that Obama is trying to find the middle ground, and congress is stuck on agendas.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh
 


LoL you like that? Yeah sorry sometimes i get on a soap box, but its hard when people just throw out excuses that are so invalid and blatantly false, to deflect the issue i just HAVE to say something.



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry
 


As far as your belief that Fox is biased, I thought I'd post this little tidbit of interesting information:

Peter Chernin , 58 (bio)
Fox News parent company News Corporation president and COO (prior to mid 2009)
Compaign contributions
$5,500 Republican
$191,864 Democrat
$68,349 special interest
total: $265,713

Source: www.newsmeat.com...



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join