It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Speech on Health Care

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You can watch it on CNN. It's live right now.

Could this be a historic speech? We'll find out.

Enjoy.
www.cnn.com

President Obama will tell Congress the "time for bickering is over" as he presents the most detailed description yet of his ideas for health reform to a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night.

If anyone watches this, I hope you contribute to this thread. Share your opinions!

[edit on 9-9-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"Nothing in our plan requires you to change what you have."

"Under this plan, it'll be against the law to deny coverage for a pre-existing condition."

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Enjoy?

Sunsets, cool water, children, fresh air ..... you betch ya

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Can you believe people were booing him, when he said the coverage was not going to apply to illegal aliens? Nancy Pelosi looked furious. I want to know exactly who was booing.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD
Can you believe people were booing him, when he said the coverage was not going to apply to illegal aliens? Nancy Pelosi looked furious. I want to know exactly who was booing.

She looked HORRIFIED someone boo'd him. I was amazed and highly amused. I love the politicians who are texting too, lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

It almost sounded as if he yelled out "LIAR"

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by unfndqlt

That's what it sounded like.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And now the Kennedy card.... it would be more convincing if I saw an actuall teer or two...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by unfndqlt

That's what my ears heard!

It's interesting when the camera pans Congress. NONE of them look very happy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

They did.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

And now the Kennedy card.... it would be more convincing if I saw an actuall teer or two...

if he cried it would seem even more fake.

That was a great speach, even though I just woke up for half of it. I'll watch it in its entirety on youtube.

I liked the part when he addressed the media, and politicians and called them out and told them it was all lies.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Though I do have to say, if they do take away the public option...

I will lose respect for my president.
We need that option.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

and that was sarcasim...

Yes it was a great speech given by a great speaker. His charisma and speaking ability is what got him elected and no one was expecting this speach to be anything less than riviting....

unfortunitly almost no one in that room can be trusted with our healthcare... Money corrupts and no one can deny that.... and with this were talking about alot of money...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Another propaganda filled speech to further the bigger agenda and attempt to regain support. Nothing new

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I did not hear much on cutting costs other then doing something about malpractice insurance doctors have to pay. Someone should tell them when running a ponzi scheme you need a lot of paying players. When you have more non paying players then paying players the scheme will not work. Those seeking private insurance vs the public option will have to pay twice. Once to your insurance provider and another time in taxes for the public option. Private insurance doesn't have a chance. There needs to be caps placed on certain standard procedures such as a doctors visit. Just going into a doctors office is rising in cost.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
As far as cutting costs go he said that over ten years it would cost 900 billion... the same amount that was spent on the war on terror....

Kinda sounds like he was going to pull out.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I thought it was a good speech and the best part was when he said

Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action. Now is when we must bring the best ideas of both parties together, and show the American people that we can still do what we were sent here to do. Now is the time to deliver on health care.

Lets get this done Washington.

edit to add link to speech text.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 9/9/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It is one thing to stand there and make promises. It is quite another to back them up. I reserve judgment until I see this "new plan" in writing. In order for any of this to be instituted, HR 3200 and all other proposals must be trashed, because they are in conflict.

We'll see. What I expect is that after 45 minutes of rhetoric, the politics will continue. Like I've said before, this isn't about health care, its about politics and power.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It was full of rhetoric and short on substance. Plus did you see the look on his face when he called the death panel accusation a bunch of lies? He looked guilty, even scared. It made me think that the death panels are true and that the eugenics program is proceeding as planned.

Almost everything he said was a bald faced lie. They know that the socialization of health care will bankrupt the country. Socialized health care has swamped the budgets of Canada and many european countries.

Also he went on the attack and said "He will call us out", when talking about those who disagree with him. The militant side is coming out. Like any communist premier he fully intends to crush any political opposition.

I found the speech disturbing. He didn't even try to address the legitimate concerns expressed in the town hall meetings, but instead proceeded to demonize and threaten them. I suppose he can call out some union thugs and acorn to help him with the brown shirt tactics, as has already happened in some cases.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

That's what my ears heard!

It's interesting when the camera pans Congress. NONE of them look very happy.

Ohhh. I misunderstood the booing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join