It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kidnapped airplane with 104 passengers in Mexico city's airport RIGHT NOW

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

kidnapped airplane with 104 passengers in Mexico city's airport RIGHT NOW

www.reuters.com

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - An AeroMexico passenger plane was hijacked in the Mexican resort of Cancun on Wednesday and flown to Mexico City's international airport where Transport Minister Juan Molinar said it landed safely.

Mexican radio said the plane was carrying 104 passengers.

TV images showed Mexican security forces arriving in trucks at Mexico City airport, where operations were suspended.

Local newspaper websites said three men earlier seized control of the Boeing 737 plane and threatened to blow it up unless they were allowed to speak to President Felipe Calderon.

El Universal daily said the men had not been able to get inside the plane's cockpit.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by dominuz]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by dominuz]

[mod edit: fixed link and news tags]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The flight 576 from Aeromexico coming from Cancun, Quintana Roo to Mexico city's airport with 104 people on board is been kiddnapped by 3 persons appearently from Colombia or Bolivia. They have bombs on the plain and they ask to talk with Mexico's president Felipe Calderon.

So far i havent found news in english so i cant post a source but as soon as i find one ill keep inform.

www.elsiglodetorreon.com.mx
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
yes .. I am just reading about this ....

THEY WANT TO TALK WITH THE PRESIDENT

LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I know is stupid but that make it dangerous because they are like a trapped cat, you don't know how will react

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was just going to post this.

Not in English yet, but it is on CNN right now. The hijackers appear to be either Bolivian or Columbian (by accent identification). They are demanding to speak to Mexican President, and it appears that the President my show up, they are trying to figure out logistics. Explosives on board, 2 maybe more hijackers, say that if Calderon does not come they will blow up the plane, which is sitting on the tarmack in Cancun

edit: can't type and listen and watch at same time, must work on multitasking skills

[edit on 9-9-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
wow - keep us informed - I just looked and couldn't find anything either on this (google).

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Obviously this is drug related.

Why else would they want to speak to the President?

Wow, Mexican violence is very much on the rise.

Any word if Americans are on the plane?

~Keeper

link   

Originally posted by Faiol
yes .. I am just reading about this ....

THEY WANT TO TALK WITH THE PRESIDENT

LOL!!!

Fox or Obama?

link   
This started at 1.37 pm and at the same time president Felipe Calderon was at the Mexico city's airport

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

They want to talk with mexican president Felipe Calderon

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well i hope this gets sorted soon with zero casualties !

Silly drug pepole

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

They want to speak to Mexican president Calderon, who has cancelled his appearance at another event. Mx minister of defense is supposed to be en route to airport. It was a flight within Mexico, no mention of specific passangers yet, it is being described as a national emergency.

Some passengers are evacuating the plane!!!!!!!!! Hmmm...odd for a hostage situation.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dominuz

Oh yeah, thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Probably there is because Cancun is one of the most visted places in Mexico so it may have people from at least 3 countries

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Mexico City - Three unidentified attackers hijacked a passenger plane in Mexico on Wednesday and threatened to detonate a bomb. The attackers - reportedly three men - demanded to talk with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, Mexican radio reported. The plane operated by the airline Aeromexico took off from the renowned resort city of Cancun, in southeastern Mexico, and was hijacked by the time it landed at Mexico City airport, where it remained isolated on a runway. All flights were suspended at Mexico City airport.

earthtimes

The only paper in English...says the same thing the OP says, about 5 minutes ago

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Rick Sanchez is translating on the fly on CNN right now
second line
atdhe.net...

edit to add link

[edit on 9-9-2009 by venividivici]

link   
reply to post by Bombeni

"911" may have to take a backseat now to "999"

link   
ok passengers are been starting to be realeased right now in a bus.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I hope everything goes okay. I really hope no one gets injured and everyone makes it out okay.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
HMM well ive never heard of suicidal mexican terrorists, have you?Usually, people klike that are from the middle east area. I dont think if thier drug cartell related, theyed risk thier lives like that to blow up 104 strangers to get a point across..their drug dealers! thier in it for the money! I kinda wanna call bluff on thier behalf. IN other words they have no intentions of blowing up the passengers...unless the 3 hijackers themselves get off the plane, and pre set the bomb for detonation after theyve left the plane/area , the DEF yeah, im sure they just might.
Wonder if mexico will set up sharpshooters like black friday back in the 70's? Germany/olympic games, that itself was a mess that was fumbled. I do hope and wish, the passengers thier are not harmed and find a way to get off and away safely!!! i will be praying for them today...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join