It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debtors Revolt!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

F'in A

We aren't paying any taxes

I dont own a credit card with a balance on it, but I am with you all the way on taxes. The one way to kill the beast is to starve it to death.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kadugen
A credit card is a loan. The bank is providing you a service (loaning you money) and charging a fee (interest). In fact, there is no fee as long as you pay back each loan immediately.

You are correct. However, most responsible credit cards holders don't apply for and get a credit card because they need a loan. Most do it because they need to build their credit. However, purchasing an item on a credit card and then turning around the next week and immediately paying off the debt WILL NOT build your credit. The companies actually look at this in a negative way because it's not making any money for them. You're not actually penalized for be responsible, but you are severely limiting your ability to build credit and the creditors are a lot less likely to adjust your APR to a lower rate or increase your credit limit because of this fiscally responsible way of paying off your debt. It's a no win situation for people who manage their affairs responsible.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

well i am using my visa card ` totally wrong ` too

i ALWAYS use it to ` buy now - THEN spend the next 5 weeks scrimping and saving to have the funds ready to pay off the card bill ` instead of look at what i want - then save for it - in which time the price may go up - or they sell out

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This chick is about to get a real interesting lesson.

The bank will simply let her unresolved charges to sit there...her credit score will bottom, and she wont be able to open up a bank account anywhere until she settles.

they can wait forever for that to happen, she cant...who do you think will crack first.

no bank account, no opening up a business for yourself.

What she needs to consider is to not run up charges to begin with...if you dont have the cash to pay for it, then dont pay for it. lock in a APR before using it for big purchases, and thats that. her bitching because they jacked the price is valid of course, but her stand will only hurt her in the long run. her leaving the bank and going with a reasonable competitor will help her moreso than anything else...

She should simply be on the video saying "leave bank of america...they are criminals...go with riverside instead" or something to that effect

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Good for the woman in the video I say and if you think she was cussing you should've heard me a couple of weeks ago when I found out the bank have started court proceedings to repossess my house - the air was very blue and I make no apologies for that.

I'm not in the USA though. I live in Spain and my bank, where my mortgage is held, are playing very silly games with people's lives and deserve everything they get.

Mine is a long story but to cut it short I fell behind on my mortgage after my roof fell in and the insurance didn't pay anything which means I can't live in the house and am struggling to pay rent as well as my mortgage. The bank that arranged the insurance then decided to renew the policy even though the house has no roof and the insurance didn't even pay when it did have a roof!

I was so angry I stopped paying the mortgage whilst trying to get the insurance co and bank to see sense. Eventually the bank threatened court action but agreed, in April, I could pay the arrears by the end of August. I paid a chunk off in April and then I paid a huge chunk on 22nd of June. I went to pay the final amount during the 1st week of August and was told court action was started on 24th June. Why? Good question considering even my bank statement shows the money was in my current account but they just didn't pay it to the mortgage account.

I'm now having to pay a lawyer because the bank just don't care that they had an agreement with me and the money was in my account. They just want me to pay them an extra 3000 to cover their legal fees!

They don't care that they sold me a dodgy insurance policy. They don't care that I've struggled to pay rent as well as mortgage and won't re-negotiate my mortgage. They're just plain greedy and now want even more money. I tried to arrange just giving the house back but we can't do that and without a roof the house will never sell at auction to cover the outstanding mortgage! We've looked into every possible way out and the bank appears to have us over a barrel.

Edit to add that the house is in my husband's name and he even looked at filing bankruptcy just to get rid of it at this point but he can't even do that because in Spain the debt will still stay with him forever - even if he inherits money in 30 or 40 years time. We're basically stuffed with a house that's just a pile of rubble and a bank that doesn't care and just wants more and more money! So yes, I have been swearing a lot lately!!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Actually, it seems you're using it "right" - if you want to build your credit. The best thing you can do to build credit is to make a major purchase (a PS3, maybe - not a car) and pay off your card slowly (I recommend AT LEAST twice the minimum payment and more if you can afford it). But, make sure you don't pay off the total amount the first two or three payments. Creditors add "points" to your credit score every time you make a payment, if you've not defaulted on your agreement somehow. Unfortunately the points that are added are very small compared to the points that are deducted if you make a payment late.

There are many people who'll tell you to do exactly what you mentioned and not use a credit card at all ... which is probably the best thing to do. My wife and I have finally gotten all credit card debt paid off. Of course we still have one car payment (only two payments left, thank God) and our mortgage, but it feels great to be out of debt to card creditors. Still a long way to go to get out of debt totally though.

But, in a world where two people have to work to support one household, what do you expect? America went into a steep decline (as far as standards of household financial stability) after WWII. The household "savings" practically disappears and Creditors wrapped their greedy hands around the neck of the American economy. Advertising and marketing was the ammunition they used and the television, radio and print were their weapons they used to turn this country into the "have it now" society that it's become. Instant gratification became the norm for Americans.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson warned us about this in 1802!!!

'Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

He also said:

'The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.' -I think that time is upon us friends!!!
Thomas Jefferson

Also check this out, it might help:

www.2012warning.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

The subject matter rather than the delivery is what is important surely?

You do realize angry people, people backed into a corner generally DO swear when they feel their voices are being ignored don't you?

Do you put more importance over her choice of language (you Americans can still choose how you wish to speak i assume), than her message?

I cannot believe an adult, in the 21st century, is so offended by a collection of gutteral sounds emanating from someones vocal chords!

Especially with the amount of absolute and increasing evil in the world we live in.

They are words. Sounds made by your vocal chords, that's it... Words that YOU have been conditioned to dislike, because someone before you didn't like those particular sounds.

My advice to you and those who would talk more of the way she speaks, rather than the message she is delivering, is to GROW the hell up.

Getting out a bit more probably wouldn't hurt either..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

One thing for sure. You aren't going to write a book on how to be humble.

No doubt....no one wants to buy that crap....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Nice vid.

S&F

(as my credit score is already in the tank. . . .)

Is there something BELOW the 'tank.' I have to stand on a chair and my tiptoes to SEE the tank.

Thanks for posting the vid for us, Mike. (I have to admit I was halfway hoping that was what you looked like.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

is 425 a score around that? if so YAY IM LEADING THE WAY!

ive been doing this now for a few years. you guys need to catch up!

BoA tried to screw me before. i stopped paying them totally. they finally settled at about a 3rd of what i owed.

i cant really buy anything without straight cash now, but WHO CARES!!??

screw these people. they are all the same!

i use a local bank with 2 whole branches now, and I would much rather see my money or overdraft charges going to them instead of some guys yacht.

atm/debit card with a mastercard logo is all i need now. THANK YOU COME AGAIN!

edit: i alllways misspell yacht

[edit on 9/10/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

youd be surprised actually.

ive seen people leave movie theaters because of cussing.... OH NO! HE SAID A DIRTY WORD!

big deal. it doesnt show class, but it sure shows emotion.

i bet if i poke you enough you'll say something bad too!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This chick is about to get a real interesting lesson.

The bank will simply let her unresolved charges to sit there...her credit score will bottom, and she wont be able to open up a bank account anywhere until she settles.

they can wait forever for that to happen, she cant...who do you think will crack first.

no bank account, no opening up a business for yourself.

What she needs to consider is to not run up charges to begin with...if you dont have the cash to pay for it, then dont pay for it. lock in a APR before using it for big purchases, and thats that. her bitching because they jacked the price is valid of course, but her stand will only hurt her in the long run. her leaving the bank and going with a reasonable competitor will help her moreso than anything else...

She should simply be on the video saying "leave bank of america...they are criminals...go with riverside instead" or something to that effect

yeah well what if everyone did it? that would cause some problems no?

if they try to get our taxes again, burn their buildings down.

that would be the first shot fired IMO

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

thats a really terrible story. my heart goes out to you.

hey i got an idea!

lets all go hijack an island somewhere and for an ATS community!

i hate to take the rebel way out, but i like to call it Opting out of 100% Wacky-ness

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Because the video I just watched didn't include any "cuss" words.

Oh, my bad, she did say "Bank of America".

Seriously, she didn't say a single cuss word, so are you delusional???

It was probably her crude tone and attitude towards the entire situation. Understandable. And it sounded like it was highly scripted, there were no pauses and no points in the speech where she was contemplating what she was about to say, and there was alot of information shared.

Understandable mistake.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nice video good on her!

I am doing the same thing here in the UK but there's no way I'd advertise it. I saw the meltdown coming thanks to Thom Hartmann and some pertinent books published in 2006/7. I haven't been working since it all began and I still have some way to go to use up the £40k of credit card limits I have had thrusted upon me.

It amazes me that in a time when the cost of borrowing for the banking sector is the lowest its ever been that they are allowed to get away with increasing the APRs on credit cards from an already high 15% to the 24% they are all charging me now.

And finally to the person that hates other people commenting on his country I say two things

1. Get off ATS and start your own board for US citizens only.

2. I promise to stop talking about the US when the US decides to stop interfering in other countries business. Get your troops out of my country (UK). Get them out of Iraq, Afghanistan and these countries and territories

* Kenya
* Egypt
* South Korea
* Japan
* Philippines
* Diego Garcia
* Indonesia
* Singapore
* Thailand
* Malaysia
* Australia
* Marshall Islands
* New Zealand
* Bosnia
* Kosovo
* Germany
* Greece
* Italy
* Spain
* Norway
* Sweden
* Turkey
* Belgium
* Portugal
* Netherlands
* Greenland
* Qatar
* Bahrain
* Kuwait
* Oman
* United Arab Emirates
* Antigua
* Colombia
* Saint Helena
* Cuba
* Ecuador
* Netherlands Antilles

to name but a few.

A more militaristic and interventionist country the Earth has never seen. So until that happens I think we all have a right to comment on US threads.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The time to take a stand was eight years ago people. Where was all the outrage then? It was all jingoistic patriotic bull sh^% that was going around - instead we were being duped and used. I just find this type of thing completely hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by jfj123

Obviousely all youe "experts " arent doing that great and my dad ran a very profitable business for 30 years and never borrowed a Penny..he always said if you dont have the money to buy with cash you dont need it..either rent the equipment or buy used..credit cards are another way to keep you a slave.

Actually I'm doing fine thanks

And I seriously doubt that your dad didn't use any credit from any source and ran a successful, real business.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by jfj123

As example, what happens if your furnace goes out in the middle of winter.... I know you're going to say you should have saved but if your wages were cut because of something known as a BAD ECONOMY

This actually happened to me last winter...I don't have a furnace...but my heat went out in the worst week of winter in the history of seattle...or my lifetime at least. Know what I did? I slept with extra blankets, and three layers of clothing on....again...do I need to write a book for these fools?

You're lucky your pipes didn't freeze. So what would you have done had your pipes froze? If your furnace goes out, you being a little cold isn't a big deal but your pipes freezing and causing possibly 10's of thousands in damage is a big deal. You got lucky so you can continue spewing forth your myopic view on life. Had they froze and ruptured, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now, would we ?

as far as the bad economy...i just dont buy it...I work 7 days a week! 7!!! cuz i want to...cuz I'm a badass, cuz I set the standard for what a human being should be....I know what yer thinking..."but liquid the only jobs I can find dont pay crap..."

Not me. In actuality, I've been lucky as the bad economy has not affected my business but it has affected approximately 90% of all other contractors businesses in my area.

well I guess you better get 3 or 4 of em then, and stop yer sniffling!

I actually own a general contracting and maintenance business, a property holdings company and a landscaping company so I'm set....but thanks anyway for your advice

do you realize what would happen to our so called bad economy if everyone just took every job they could, regardless of pay or type of work? think about......

Yeah here's the problem skippy, in many area's of the country, there aren't ANY jobs. So how do you get 3 jobs when there isn't 1 ?

What happens if your child gets sick and needs a lot of expensive medicine?

why the hell would anyone have a child?!!!

Is this a real question? If so my answer is.....um to carry on the human race !?!?

I think it's hilarious how so many(not necessarily you, jfj123) on this site is so scared of the NWO or something like that taking away all our freedoms and enslaving us, when in reality we do it to ourselves....

Many people do, you are correct. As for the imaginary NWO, it's...imaginary. There is no super secret group of people who control us, we control them. We just refuse to exercise that control.

There are many reasons we need credit cards. That is the true REALITY.

reality can be anything we want it to be, we just got to agree on it....
I'll do my job for free if you do yours for free? deal? everyone in? OK, good....no more use for money...done.
As long as everyone can agree to this and then somehow put a value that is not money on each others jobs, that's not a bad idea. For example, if you have a dozen apples but need your kitchen remodeled, that isn't a good value so now we have to put a value on each trade. How could we do this to make it fair? We could assign a number value to each item then add them up and trade until those numbers even out....wow, doesn't that sound familiar?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You know what! this "LADY" is mad, and doing the best she can, not to put her down, but she is obviously reading this, and having somewhat of a hard time doing so. Let me see your video of similar content- Stop being so judgemental and listen to the message. She also stated "MAKE YOUR OWN" video- I am sure we could all be critical of each others, but what is the POINT??? We cant all be perfect, and have perfect speaking/writing skills. If this is offensive...dont use it, but that doesnt change the fact that B of A is abusing her! and she is TRYING to ask for help.
get over yourselves and move on. I understand your point about not being able to relay a message without cursing, but she is TRYING!!! what are you doing besides degrading her speaking abilitues!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am going to pay off all my bills. I am sick of creditors and banks. I used to have a bumper sticker I HATE BANKS. As for the language, just look at what they did with their "nice" language, the stuck her with a 30% interest rate with no cuss words.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join