It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debtors Revolt!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Have a read of the links provided for this guy;
Jerome Daly, 1969 minnesota

I'm also a bit surprised this thread is not swarming with links to;
Zeitgeist Addendum

There are several comments in this thread that are fact and can support you legaly in not making repayments.
These banks rely on you not knowing the system. They rely on your fear of them.

If ever there was a time to stand up and be counted with those who wish to take back control, to stop tyranny, to beat back the slave masters, then the time is now.

Stopping the bankers is the one way where we can hurt TPTB. The bank is their tool. Money is their whip.

Refuse the whip.. stop getting lashed.

I was once told 'one person cannot change the world'.. well, that's all it takes to start a change.. and this woman is one person who has started something.. The snowball effect comes into effect...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I had a BOA credit card with a 10K balance. I had 750 credit score and was NEVER late for a credit card payment for 5+ years. My APR was around 22 and my payments were like $250 a mo. that just went toward interest and fees, my balance was going nowhere and they were loving it.

I decided to call them and try to negotiate a better APR so I could get my balance down and they told me they would not help me because I had never had a problem paying in the past. I told them I fully intended to pay all of the debt but I needed help with the APR to be able to make a small dent. They refused any help.

I payed for a few more months then told them to get screwed. I sent a cease and desist letter so they could not contact me by phone and the calls stopped. A few months later they called me with a settlement offer. The offer was $1500! I scraped and borrowed and payed it. At the end of the year the bastards sent me a tax statement for 9K worth of income that I had to pay taxes on.

I wanted to pay the debt but they wanted me to be on a treadmill indefinitely.

That was my last credit card and ill never have one again.

I made a mistake by letting myself get that far in debt no doubt but they had no interest in helping me in any way pay on the actual debt.

Expensive lesson....

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Digital_Reality]

they screwed you over more than you know.

they cant report you for the 9k as taxable income when they agreed to settle for 1500. the settlement counts as paid in full, hence the term settlement

Now if you simply walked away from the debt and never agreed to a settlement then yes banks can report your debt as a taxable income. however banks dont like to do this because they cant collect on the debt ever.

they also cant sell the debt to a collection agency if they report your debt as taxable income. so its rarely done as just about any collection agency will buy bad debt from a bank

your bank collected on a debt and then still reported your debt as taxable income. wow...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by admriker444]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm right with her. I totally agree 100%.

I was turned over to a debt collection agency by a credit card because the person that typed in my change of address form entered a wrong digit on my zip code. They send my bill somewhere else and I totally forgot about it. I had a few cards at the time and just thought I'd paid that one off already. But about 18 months later I begin receiving calls from a collection agency. What had started as a balance of about $325 was well over $800 with all the late fees that had accrued up until then. Needless to say, I was outraged. I had excellent credit (as did my new wife) and I simply told them to shove it up their ass (as in donkey, of course). I'd just bought a new house and didn't plan on making a major purchase (that would require credit) for quite some time. After a couple more months of harassing me I finally agreed to pay them half of what they said I owed. I don't feel that justice was served because I STILL had to pay for some schmuck's typo in data entry.

Anyway ... enough about me and on to my point. The moral of the story is that the credit card company SOLD my debt to this collection agency. So, when she's addressing Ken Law? (actually Ken Lewis) in the video ... she shouldn't be. Because he could care less about what she ends up doing. He knows he can turn around with her balance of say, oh ... $2500 and write it off as a bad debt at the end of the year AND still sell the debt off to a collection agency for $1200 or even $600 and STILL be raking in money hand over fist off of his 30% (near loanshark) percentage rates.

She should really be addressing the future collection agency that she'd not going to give them one red cent.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I can't stand up not those of us in the military the military conducts all payment's to the troops threw EFT. So if I closed my bank account how would I get paid the military does not issue checks. And if we incur the debit on active duty all the creditor has to do is call the CO and bam a direct order to pay them back. It is lose for us

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've been unemployed since the first of the year. Have seen the writing on the wall for a lot longer. I withdrew all my checking and savings, cashed out my 401 (took a hit on that one) and just started paying in cash for things I need.

I signed over my house to my daughter so it's not in my name. Bill collectors are bugging me 8-10 times a day on the phone. I tell them, yeah, you'll get paid. Eventually. When and as I can.

Had a funny experience at the bank a few days ago. I went in to make my car payment and things were going smoothly until the teller read on her computer screen that I still owe on my signature loan. She called someone who kept her on the phone for 10 minutes while I waited patiently. Finally the teller said, I guess we can't take your payment because you're in default on your other loan.

I stood there amazed and said, Let me see if I've got this right. You can't take my payment because I owe you money? What kind of nonsense is that you silly bast****? So I got a money order, filled it out with the information showing it was for my car payment and dropped it in the night deposit box.

I have no wages to garnish, no assets to seize, no credit to ruin. They're SOL. I've been a good little slave my whole life. Never had a bounced check, always paid my bills on time or early. I just got tired of playing the game. I see right through it and it's a no-win scenario for the slave. I'm not playing anymore.

Oh, and in regards to the little side argument going on about whether credit is needed or not: there are some things you must have a credit card for. Blockbuster used to be one of them. If you need to rent a car, they will not take cash, only a credit card. Also, apartments and even some employers now will run a credit check on you before leasing you an apartment or hiring you for a job. If you never establish credit, then those options are not available to you.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hilarious video!
(was she a bit inebriated when she made this?)

Anyway,... maybe she (and the revolters) will get a special "debt deal", in this horrendous action against this unemployed debt holder. Maybe they will be relieved of some of this debt since they are stopping paying their obligations.

And then they may get a 1099 from the BofA to submit to th IRS for income earned by debt forgiveness. Taxable Income.

And the IRS doesnt watch YouTube !

Nothing is free, just because you dont have a job. You signed the note, didnt you?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

I feel for you.

The only thing I can suggest for you is to move your money once you have been paid.
I have my wages paid into a building society which has no bank to oversee them and is not owned by a bank.

This building society only uses a bank as a clearing house for wage payments into its accounts.

I have a card to withdraw money from a machine but can't use it to pay for goods.
I do not have a credit card.

Basically, I have by passed the banks in the best way I possibly can at this time.. If I find another better way then I will be taking that route.. For now, the less of my money the banks see.. the better for me and others. My money does not allow the banks to support themselves and is undermining their foundations..

The downside is that I'm still forced to use money which ends up back in the system through the need to pay for food etc..

Start the venus project

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Thanks for the advice I looked it up and brushed over the building society is this only in the UK? And if so can I use there services?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As much as I dislike big banks, I don't agree with the woman in the video.

A credit card is a loan. The bank is providing you a service (loaning you money) and charging a fee (interest). In fact, there is no fee as long as you pay back each loan immediately. Basically the bank is deciding to charge you a higher fee for the service they are providing to you. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, MOVE TO ANOTHER BANK.

Of course anyone would and should be upset if no notice was given about raising the interest rate on your credit card, but I believe there are laws against that. It sounds like this lady either didn't read some fine print or wasn't paying attention and noticed too late that her interest rate was raised.

TOUGH SH!T. Pay your bills and change your bank.

If you don't care about your credit, by all means go on a shopping spree. I see nothing to protest about here. THEY ARE DOING YOU A FAVOR AND LOANING YOU MONEY.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I find it interesting how if one enters one's home and steals an 'item' or two they are arrested and thrown in jail.

If an international bankster steals TRILLIONS from the American people and has their own personally selected DOJ officials at their beck and call to do their bidding, it's business as usual.

Human beings are so impressionable, so easy to manipulate, so easy to deceive, so Subjective unto Another.

Over 350 Million Americans (as well as other countries) have been financially raped and they stand in awe, without claws?

Slaves or Sovereigns?
Your choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Building socities are in the UK, yes.
If there is an equivalent in other countries, I am not sure.
Can you use these services, I don't know..

You will have to contact one to find out..

Sorry I can't be much more use than that at the moment.
I hope you get to sort something out to better yourself.

Either that or hold on until you are out of the forces.. save up as much as you can now (either in the bank or stuff it in your mattress ) Make the most of your time in service.. use it to your advantage.
What i mean is, pay your bills, your food and other essentials.. leave only a little bit to enjoy yourself once a week or so.. Don't over indulge.

You'll soon see your money grow and once you're out of service you can use it to better yourself... Then you'll be free to do as you please and not as they demand..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Well once more thank you for the advice.
Second line for Pony, that's right I said pony

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

The woman in the video sounds very scripted and monotonous. I don't get it. Was she nervous or is she trying to pull something on us? Personally I wouldn't even send this video to friends because the woman seems so off almost as if in a trance or something. Could just be nervousness I suppose.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
Over 350 Million Americans (as well as other countries) have been financially raped and they stand in awe, without claws?

Slaves or Sovereigns?
Your choice.

Not quite. I think a very large portion of the population is absolutely pissed about that and is the reason for the tea party protests. These people are absolutely disgusted and do realize whats going on. If the federal government implements forced health insurance it just may start a wave of violence. Things could easily snowball from there and frankly I'd expect them to.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Well I made it to about the tenth time she decided to use cursing words then shut it off. There is one thing I always tell my children when it comes to speaking that way....If you want someone to listen to your point of view and not think you aren't able to think of something more intelligent to say DON'T CUSS!
So sorry hunny but the only revolt coming out of this type of display is the one of turning it off. This because she can't get a point across without using that kind of language. You want someone to take you seriously and listen to what you have to say? Do it with proper english in a way that all people can understand and not be offended by.

Tenth time? Can you count?

This is as far as I got, reading the thread, after watching the video. I have to say I went back and she says S*** once and bastards once, a word sometimes even used on this forum and quite fitting when talking about bankers and the Fed. That is it! Where do you get to "about the tenth time", and saying she is not using proper English(by the way, the word is capitalized) and that she is not intelligent because of "that kind of language"???? She uses ONE, COUNT THEM, ONE, derogatory term and you are crying about her language? Ever been out in public? These terms are used everyday by millions if not billions of everyday people.

You should be lucky I didn't do the video, it would have been much more scathing and a thousand times more vulgar. The bankers deserve every bad word said about them IMO and if you think I am not "intelligent", well, that's your call but please, get your facts straight. Listen.

ote]Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Yeah I agree. I couldn't pay attention to what she was talking about because she kept throwing this mental picture at us of "being bent over."

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Bombeni]

This term is also only used once. Cannot people on this site count? Crikey, have you people lost your minds? Ever been in a group of guys and hear them talk about sex and other topics? The term "getting bent over" or "being bent over" is used in common language - it is a nice way of NOT CUSSING!!!!!!

Now, if you were joking - I could see that, she's a bit cute and that could distract someone with sex on the brain then I take that back and apologize. There's no emoticon to intimate a joke, it seems like a serious post.

Next, people will complain about the term "getting screwed". What the hell is going on here? Has political correctness taken over your minds?

This chick - also not a derogatory term, any more than dude or guy - is SPOT ON!!!

I looked back and I think I played this nicely but if I didn't the mods will let me know. I'm quite a bit bent by this so I apologize to the mods and owners of the site if I crossed the boundaries. I tried not to, to play it as cool as I could.

Whatever happened to "deny ignorance", or am I completely losing it?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kadugen
As much as I dislike big banks, I don't agree with the woman in the video.

A credit card is a loan. The bank is providing you a service (loaning you money) and charging a fee (interest). In fact, there is no fee as long as you pay back each loan immediately. Basically the bank is deciding to charge you a higher fee for the service they are providing to you. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, MOVE TO ANOTHER BANK.

Of course anyone would and should be upset if no notice was given about raising the interest rate on your credit card, but I believe there are laws against that. It sounds like this lady either didn't read some fine print or wasn't paying attention and noticed too late that her interest rate was raised.

TOUGH SH!T. Pay your bills and change your bank.

If you don't care about your credit, by all means go on a shopping spree. I see nothing to protest about here. THEY ARE DOING YOU A FAVOR AND LOANING YOU MONEY.

wrong way to think my friend...

50 years ago an american family could live on one income. That family owned its house, owned its car, owned its appliances, and had a savings account. debt was considered a bad thing (older folks will remember growing up and being told to never borrow money).

however because banks have caused inflation familys are now forced to have both parents work and even then theyre swimming in debt.

inflation means that to own a home requires a loan. to own a car requires a loan. only the richest people can afford to buy those things outright. and this is all because of inflation.

and to make matters worse, the very loans americans needs to live create even more inflation. those silly credit cards are essentially making money from thin air and thus adding to the worsening inflation.

so i dont feel one bit obligated to pay my credit card debt. if it wasnt for banks causing inflation i wouldnt need the dam things just to heat my home and buy food.

the banks took my dollar in 1913 and made it today worth about 4 cents. theyve cut my buying power down to nothing and forced me to take out loans just to live. and i should thank them and pay my debt like a good little slave ???? screw them and their illegal debt.

anytime a collector calls me i tell them they already got my payment via the bank bailouts. and until they repeal the uncontitutional federal reserve system im not paying a dime

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If you ask me this woman is not nearly MAD enough! I heard not only about the increase in interest rate, but also the directive to cancel credit cards of 'certain' people who's credit score was too low...irregardless of the fact that they paid their monthly payments on time.

Now HERE's something to REALLY get ya going, did you know,.....

When you go into (any) bank, sign up for a new account (of any kind) and they hand you that 'SIGNATURE CARD' and you sign it, then they hand you their account holder 'agreement'...do you know, you've already agreed to the terms of what later will be referred to (in court) as a "contract"...yeah it's a contract alright...a contract of ADHESION!

In this 'agreement' you unknowingly have given up your rights to do anything to the bank except seek arbitration by "their" appointed arbitrator?!!...

Meaning, you've surrendered your constitutional right to a Trial by a Jury (or for that matter...ANY court proceedings at all!!). But...they can come after you in ALL kinds of ways, now that seems fair don't it?!...NOT!

Keep this in mind, they ALL do this..ALL of them!...want to test that??...ok, go visit a local branch of 'some other bank' act like you want to open an account, when the part comes where they want you to sign the 'signature' card, READ it really carefully...then flip it over and read some more..., now having read that, take the time to read through their 'agreement' material, you'll find what I'm talking about...because they ALL do the same thing!!!

and just think...if you signed, you'd have blindly agreed to their terms and conditions which = "Screw You Customer we OWN You!" any way you look at it!

Survival Time

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Well I made it to about the tenth time she decided to use cursing words then shut it off. There is one thing I always tell my children when it comes to speaking that way....If you want someone to listen to your point of view and not think you aren't able to think of something more intelligent to say DON'T CUSS!

Ummm....
What video did you watch? Because the video I just watched didn't include any "cuss" words.

Oh, my bad, she did say "Bank of America".

Seriously, she didn't say a single cuss word, so are you delusional???

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't get what's wrong with some people? Being upset at something that is worth getting upset about is fine! Like we're supposed to get messed over then smile and say thank you?

I think maybe she is just a normal person who recorded a video and took a stand. Some of you guys are looking for professional video skills to be exhibited.

I think a big part of our problem in America is we forgot how to live off of real money that you actually have. So many things we have in our possession we don't really own. We have to pay for the item several times over in order to actually own it. It doesn't make good financial sense.

Banks are screwing us, a large part of them at that. Go ahead and overdraft your bank account by 5 cents and see if you don't get charged $30-$35 for it. It's robbery.

I hear people here say, "pay your bills." Well, I would say a lot of us have already paid more that what we actually borrowed, but we still may have to pay twice or more than the amount already paid back just to pay off the debt. Let the dishonest banks rot for all I care, then maybe banks in the future will have some respect for their customers.

I mean seriously, is a $2 pack of gum really worth $20? How much is the service of lending money actually worth? As if there is someone behind the counter sweating throughout the year providing that bank loan.

Another point to add, if you cannot afford new, then buy the item used. No need to take the debt death spiral. Simple.

Troy

[edit on 10-9-2009 by cybertroy]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
There is more to it than that. They have some kind of plan to impoverish America and then offer to relieve you of your property in exchange for your debt. But with health care legislation, Cap&Trade and taxes going up, we are all going to be deep in debt. That is the plan. They stole the bailout money, it was pure hoax, they threatened the legislature with martial law if they didn't pass it and our legislators didn't stand up to them. If we continue down this same road, our country is gone and we are probably all dead. The fema camps have gas chambers.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join