It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debtors Revolt!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Its time for the people of this country to take a stand. How much are we as a people willing to take. How long will the theft be allowed to stand. This lady has taken a stand and I have to. Take this video VIRAL!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm sending this on to everyone in my address book.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

F'in A

We aren't paying any taxes

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I smell shenanigans.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but something about this video doesn't ring true. The rhetoric is a little boilerplate. Her story seems a little too neat and tidy as far as her overall financial stability save for this one Bank of America screw-over.

More then that, her overall demeanor is really really grating. It took a lot of willpower for me to stick with her to her proposed course of action. Seems to me that her overall argument would be better presented in writing as manifesto to be sent via email.

The video reduces her credibility on an abstract level. It seems to me that this could cause two possible results:

1) Further establishing the prejudice that people who want to try and fight the banking/financial cabals in this country are creeping, irritating nutters who do it more out of a desire to erase their own debts.

2) Convincing people who lack the resources to fight BoA et al in court to try defaulting on their debts, allowing for seizures of property, liens and foreclosures.

What do we know of the origins of this video?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well I made it to about the tenth time she decided to use cursing words then shut it off. There is one thing I always tell my children when it comes to speaking that way....If you want someone to listen to your point of view and not think you aren't able to think of something more intelligent to say DON'T CUSS!
So sorry hunny but the only revolt coming out of this type of display is the one of turning it off. This because she can't get a point across without using that kind of language. You want someone to take you seriously and listen to what you have to say? Do it with proper english in a way that all people can understand and not be offended by.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Nice vid.

S&F

(as my credit score is already in the tank. . . .)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Nice vid.

S&F

(as my credit score is already in the tank. . . .)

Is there something BELOW the 'tank.' I have to stand on a chair and my tiptoes to SEE the tank.

Thanks for posting the vid for us, Mike. (I have to admit I was halfway hoping that was what you looked like.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Yeah I agree. I couldn't pay attention to what she was talking about because she kept throwing this mental picture at us of "being bent over."

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is what Karl Denninger said of this video:

market-ticker.denninger.net...

Without comment..... none necessary - she's spot-on, in my opinion, and if you, through no fault of your own (you're NOT a deadbeat) have had this happen to you, then I fully support doing exactly what she is - tell 'em to get stuffed. Do realize that civil disobedience has consequences, but it also brings a huge breath of fresh air into your life!

Obviously, she wants to make a statement about getting raped on the interest rate. Her strong words didn't bother me a bit.

As my mom would say: "That's enough to make a preacher cuss." 30 percent interest is bull#.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Good for her star@flag i am so sorry her words upset you but that is the way we talk here in AMERICA unless you are behind your computer all day.And to the idiot who said something about her not having a job i took it that she was laid off and couldnt find work.I am so sick of other countries people commenting on our country.If it was up to me i would ban anyone not from here posting their comment.And another thing at least she is doing SOMETHING unlike you who sit at your computer all day talking # and doing nothing to help.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
This is what Karl Denninger said of this video:

market-ticker.denninger.net...

Without comment..... none necessary - she's spot-on, in my opinion, and if you, through no fault of your own (you're NOT a deadbeat) have had this happen to you, then I fully support doing exactly what she is - tell 'em to get stuffed. Do realize that civil disobedience has consequences, but it also brings a huge breath of fresh air into your life!

Obviously, she wants to make a statement about getting raped on the interest rate. Her strong words didn't bother me a bit.

As my mom would say: "That's enough to make a preacher cuss." 30 percent interest is bull#.

I have to agree, her words didn't disturb me at all. It's the real world and that is "B of A". They don't give a hoot about anyone but there bonus. I dealt with them about a year ago and was outta there as fast as I was in.

let's think about the word MONOPOLY

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Freedom of speech is the reason why people from other countries can comment about 'your' country. And likewise 'your' country can comment about our countries. If you had it your way it would just be a dictatorship wouldn't it. Hence you would be very alone with your angry comment.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Gosh, didn't I read here just a couple of days ago, you recommending that we all run over "pigs" so "all the cops would be dead" or something very close to that? I guess we all have to pick our wars. lol

I guess you are lucky ATS hasn't started banning people who condone killing all the cops yet. But that must be only for people in this country. lol

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm currently laughing at the puritans here suggesting her argument is invalid because she uses "cuss words".

Grow up FFS!

Get angry!
It's healthy, it's necessary.

Those who are so offended by something as slight as that are the ones who who'll mutter "darn" and "blast it" while they're being robbed of their homes.
Those who don't hold back and aren't so puritan in their attitudes, and can still get their point across, will be the ones forming groups to fight it, and winning.

Like she said, once people have nothing to lose, there's everything to gain by fighting back.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

If you are going to quote me please dont use my words out of context.And yes that guy should of run over the pigs..When they come to take you away in the night make sure you dont use a bad word at them..proper english please..I hope your dog gets run over by an american

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Borag the Horse

Oh and i didnt say you COULD NOT i just wish you WOULD NOT comment on MY country till you fix yours.Why are you commenting on my country..just curious

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Already started that...

2x BoA Bank Acct's. 1x BoA CC Acct. 1x BoA Savings ALL CLOSED

Capitol One 1x CC Acct. CLOSED

Discover 1x CC CLOSED

Local Credit Union 1x Checking Acct. 1x Savings CLOSED

3x USBank Checking Accts. 1x USBank Savings PENDING

Looking for alternative accts. ING Direct or others...

Open to suggestions on accts. others have created to shelter a bank blowout...

Any suggestions? We're looking.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I know my sister has always had a credit rating of 780 or above - she's worked like a dog and done without her whole life. Her employer has them working one day a week or a bit more and she's hurting bad. She's been keeping kids for extra money but now their parents are all laid off so that is gone too. She told me she was going to go bankrupt soon if something didn't give.

I about fell out of my chair. This is a person that I consider the most trustworthy with money and honest in the entire world.

If she ever didn't have the money, she'd admit it. She's never wasted a dime and made all her pennies scream.

Me? I never agreed to be a number anyway.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
You want someone to take you seriously and listen to what you have to say? Do it with proper english in a way that all people can understand and not be offended by.

haha, I get what you are trying to say, but not all people can understand proper english.

Anyway, she's right you guys, if you really want this movement to take off, it needs to appeal to everyone and be able to be shown to anyone, at work, or anywhere. If it's vile and filled with all sorts of bad language, many people will just do what she did, and turn it off. I'd suggest a new spokeperson.

And if you ever do get off the ground, I have enough debt that I will be a senior member of the elite squad when I join. So good luck, and godspeed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join