It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama won, get over it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You do realize that Obama is nothing but a puppet...If people want to protest they should do it while they still can. There is a shadow government and Obama is just one of the puppets

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What you see here is how it is done. Public opinion is supposed to guide the actions of our elected officials. When they disrespect the majority opinion and run off on their own agenda they deserve scorn.

He lied to get elected. That is called fraud. Although common in Politicians it does not make it any more right.

He said no Lobbyists in this Cabinet. His first appointment was a Lobbyist and he has since appointed many including the CEO of GE as Czar who just happens to control part of the media and who has a history of supplying goods to terrorists through the back door.

He said no Special Interests and yet his appointments are full of them. He handed the Unions the key to the Treasury.

His Health Care Plan as it stands is opposed by the majority of the people he represents. When he ignores what the People want, he is in fact Dictating.

We all want Health Care reform but a majority of us do not want the Government to run it. They have proven over and over again how incompetent they are. Yes to reform, no to Government control.

Another issue is Freedom of Speech. Does that only apply to Democrats or to everyone? You want his critics to shut up; what does that say?

Many are like me. I'm not a Republican. I am just as critical of Bush.

Don't ever think this criticism is a bad thing, it is what keeps us free. Throughout history whenever a people have allowed the Government to control speech or the Press it has lead to a Dictatorial Government. Are you aware that Obama has someone working on how to quiet his opponents? Pelosi has been working on it since before he took office. They want to control what goes out on Radio and TV. We have seen this before. Pick up a history book.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
When Bush won, how did the liberals get over it?

Protests
Mock assassination movie
Daily ridicule by the media

Yeah, we will get over it with our vote, our words, our voice.

And his actions.

this.

You also forgot, charming degrading nicknames and caricatures, questioning everything and mocking it from his pace of residence, to education and so on. don't forget teh dog poop stunt or the show throwing, etc.

or worse, how the joke that is the dummycrap party couldn't even cough up a credible opponent to run against the man's second term..I mean, seriously here liberals... your guy's entire platform was "well, I'm not GW Bush, hyuck hyuck hyuck". Wow, neither am I, vote for me instead.

worse, you listen to some of this liberal propaganda crap fountains they call news shows and they STILL are on bush about things. the man isn't even in office anymore.

so.. 'we' the what.. 47% who voted against his loser will get over it when the rest of you do, plus 7 -8 years, as you all have.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Oh I get it, your one of those people. Your one of those who think obomber is going to stop the war? Oh look he just sent an additional 20K troops to Afganistan. More "change you can beleive in" right?

Stop hiding behind our troops to make your narrow minded, partisan, political point. If you liberals were truly against the war you would be out there protesting like your were when Bush was president.

NEWS FLASH: Bush is out, Obomber is in, get it? It,s no longer Bush's war it's now Obombers war. So, tell me in your own words what is OBombers plans to stop the war?........Well?.......ROLMAO! Aren't you at least "kinda kurious" why obomber has no plans to stop the war?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

Apparently you have not lost anyone as a result of the war.

Consider yourself lucky.

Obama will bring our troops home as promised.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
im gonna have to agree with the OP. We voted him in. Many people still do like obama. I personally, dont think he has done anything YET to make me extremely worried... in the ways that presidents of the past have. I am not sure we will ever have a president again like lincoln, jfk, or clinton (who aside from his affair was a great president).. and we might just have to come to accept that. politicians have become more corrupt than ever, and lets not forget a lot of factors. Obama is trying to fix the completely EFFED up workings of bush... so lets not give him quite such a hard time.

I would like to see you go and fix the dumb@ss bush's work and see how you are able to do.

Name something Obomber is trying to fix that Bush screwed up..... For christ's sakes grow up and take a look around. The same people holding Bush's leash is the same people holding Obomber's. You elected another dirt bag as your messiah. He is not here to save you or to make things better.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The middle east and everything in it is not worth one American life. It is not America's war.

The only way Obomber will bring troops home is when he is forced to do so. You can wishful think and blow kisses at the sky all you want, but the die has been cast, perpetual war is the plan. Obomber is as much of that plan as Bush and the Pentagon are. There will be no “change you can believe in”. Get used to it!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

I see you are new here. We discuss things, ideally in a civil manner with sources, links and hard data when appropriate. Opinions are welcome when made within context.

Your tone is hostile. Should you care to engage, I'd suggest you tone down the childish gibberish and frame your argument in a cogent manner.

Otherwise, see that little red ignore label. They made it for just such posters. Poof, and you are a goner.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

What you see here is how it is done. Public opinion is supposed to guide the actions of our elected officials. When they disrespect the majority opinion and run off on their own agenda they deserve scorn.
majority opinion? Which opinion would that be exactly?

He lied to get elected. That is called fraud. Although common in Politicians it does not make it any more right.

That is right they all do. They all have so far.

He said no Lobbyists in this Cabinet. His first appointment was a Lobbyist and he has since appointed many including the CEO of GE as Czar who just happens to control part of the media and who has a history of supplying goods to terrorists through the back door.

Right and that sucks. He deserves scorn for all of that. My question is....where was all this scorn when George Bush was sending our boys off to die? How about when a few trillion of OUR dollars went missing? Where were the guns at the town halls after G.W. took our tax dollars and gave it to the banks because the banks failed because of shoddy practices? How about when we found out how much of our tax dollars went straight to bonuses and trips?

Everyone on here just seems to want to bash me or bash Obama. The point is being missed completely. I never even said I was an Obama supporter. I am an America supporter. I am a democracy supporter. Whether I like who is president or not, I still love the country that I live in and understand that this is the way it works.

I also understand that if I am unhappy with how things are going, I can protest, I can speak out, I can write freakin blog full of lies if I so choose. I understand that I can lobby and pettition and so on.

What I do not understand is why people need to bring guns to see the president. The WHITE guy, not the black guy. Why does anyone need to hold a sign implying it is time to assasinate the president? Why does anyone have to call themselves a pastor and then ask their congregation to pray for his death? I would have said the same for Bush if things were this bad AND I was on ATS at the time. I do not remember anyone making a point to show they brought their gun to visit the president.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
worse, you listen to some of this liberal propaganda crap fountains they call news shows and they STILL are on bush about things. the man isn't even in office anymore.

You are funny. So everyone made fun of Bush. Awwwwwe. Anyone go see him with a gun and a sign talking about his death?

Oh and psssssssst. I would love to agree with you about the above. I really would. I do not think that anyone should be harping on ex-presidents. Unfortunately, FOX and Rush were still blaming Clinton for crap last January, so..... don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Don't ever think this criticism is a bad thing, it is what keeps us free. Throughout history whenever a people have allowed the Government to control speech or the Press it has lead to a Dictatorial Government. Are you aware that Obama has someone working on how to quiet his opponents? Pelosi has been working on it since before he took office. They want to control what goes out on Radio and TV. We have seen this before. Pick up a history book.

The press has been control for years. I know that from personal experience.

The anti-polystyrene campaign in 1990's supposedly run by a school teacher from NH went nation wide over night. What no one is aware of is that campaign exploded onto the front page as news just before an ad campaign for a new project was to air on TV. It killed a joint Polysar/Sweetheart Plastics/McDonalds project for complete recycling of post consumer polystyrene waste from McDonalds. The plant was design for employing the handicapped too. I know this for a fact because my boss was the engineer on the project. The information in the campaign by the way was lies.

The opposite experience happened to a friend John Munsell he spent three days with a New York reporter, the editor loved the story but before it went to print it was killed by the owner of the "press"

So much for unbiased reporting

According to Congressional Record for 1917: "...the J.P. Morgan [banking] interests.... and their subsidiary organizations got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press of the US.... They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. ...an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information...." Congressman Oscar Callaway statements included in the Congressional Record (vol. 54, February 9, 1917, p. 2947). www.crossroad.to...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Americans really hate one another. We really don't want to solve our problems. That would require effort. It's much easier to criticize then to come up with solutions. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Actually, you didn't vote for your president.

The elecotral college did. Since the public vote had nothing to do with it AT ALL, I would say that's a pretty mute argument.

You missed a step. We vote for the electoral college. Could they still go against the popular vote? Sure. Did they? No. More people voted for Obama than anyone else that was running. He is now president. I think the point stands that America got what it wanted whether our votes actually got him in or not. We took a tally to see what America wanted. They announced the results on the news. More people wanted Obama. He won. What are you getting at?

People want a real president, not some lame duck two faced bureaucrat.

-and I want a pony that farts gold dust. A politician that is not a two faced bureaucrat????? That is just crazy talk. He is not a lame duck yet though.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
Americans really hate one another. We really don't want to solve our problems. That would require effort. It's much easier to criticize then to come up with solutions. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

That is not true. You are wrong. You suck. I hate you for how wrong you are. That is not us at all you G******** P******lk**s **x*!

You know, I wonder. It seems like you are right but then again, it also seems like the vast majority of people are opposed to health care reform when in actuality, the people we have seen all over the news make up less than .1% of the U.S. population. Do you think maybe most people don't really care? I mean, they are busy working, trying to keep a home, feed their kids, pay medical bills, ever increasing taxes, etc...They just want the sun to come up tomorrow same as it did today and everything is cool. It is just the angry jerks that get on tv and the internet and get loud to seem like more. I know I am an angry jerk. I dunno, maybe you are right.
It just seems to me like that throughout my lifetime the left and right have just gotten farther and farther apart. It seems like everyone used to be a little more moderate on both sides but maybe my memory sucks.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by warrenb

I have a tidbit for you. Like I already said, if you do not like the way this country works, you should leave it or work through the proper channels to make change. Believing the president is merely a puppet qualifies. Do you like that? Do you live here? Are you doing something about it?

According to the founding fathers and the papers that they wrote . . . dissidence is one of the proper channels, as is armed revolution.

Wasn't it Hillary Clinton that said dissidence is the highest form of Patriotism?

And the "doing something about it" is coming very soon."
I can smell it in the air like you smell the rain before a storm.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I am not sure we will ever have a president again like lincoln, jfk, or clinton (who aside from his affair was a great president)..

Clinton a Great president???
Clinton is responsible for poisoning Americans and starving third world Countries. He has set-up USA farms for take over by multinationals and did away with the US emergency stores of food. You think tainted food, high prices and worldwide famine is GOOD??

In regard to food Obama and the democratic Congress are following in Clinton's footsteps and giving our farms and control of our food supply to the international Corporations. I have over nineteen pages of references documenting the take over of the world food supply. This is just a smidgen of the information and the primary reason I dislike Obama, Clinton and Bush.

The CEO of Monsanto was Clinton's Chief Foreign Trade Advisor, His Sec of Ag and FDA also had Monsanto connections and his rep to the talks culminating in the World Trade Organization was another Monsanto employee. Amstutz, VP of Cargill and later of Goldman Sachs wrote the WTO Agreement on Ag. Is it any wonder the World Trade Organization Agreement was ratified. An agreement that shipped our industry and jobs overseas and imported poisoned food and substandard products made by slave labor in return?

“Bill Clinton Admits Global Free Trade Policy [WTO] has Forced Millions Of People into Poverty.” [and put billions into the pockets of Transnationals] www.agmates.com...

The article “The Safety Gap” written by Gardiner Harris, 11/2/2008
"This year, 18.2 million shipments of food, devices, cosmetics and drugs are expected to enter more than 300 U.S. ports; the FDA. had 454 investigators in 2007 — one and a half per port — to scrutinize them.."

“China’s leaped to one of the biggest suppliers of pharmaceutical ingredients in the world over the last decade [since WTO],...Over the past six years, the F.D.A. has managed to inspect annually an average of just 15 of the 714 Chinese drug plants that export to the United States. At its present pace, the FDA. would need more than 50 years to visit all Chinese plants. By contrast, the FDA. inspects domestic drug plants every 2.7 years ”

FDA's efforts to combat foodborne illness are hampered by staffing shortages, infrequent inspections and lax enforcement at fresh produce processing plants, according to congressional investigators. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) report also said only 1% of produce imported into the U.S. is inspected,...The report said inspections at produce-processing facilities are rare, and when problems are discovered, FDA relies on the industry to correct them without oversight or follow-up

FDA relies on the industry to correct them without oversight or follow-up because international HACCP regs replaced US regs in 1996

The (WTO) Agreement on Ag (AoA) changed how disease and food safety is handled around the world. The USDA decided to change focus from disease eradication to disease “prevention” by changing from a zero tolerance import policy to a “scientifically-based and transparent risk assessment,” and opening US borders to trade in “low risk commodities”. This is why the USA has suddenly been flooded by tainted imports. They are obviously considered “low risk” www.animalagriculture.org...

The USDA and the FDA are trying to sell the WTO/ISO “Guide to Good Farming Practices” to consumers as necessary “Food Safety” regs. But even American Quality Professionals will not defend ISO. An Article "Eliminate ISO 9000?," in Quality Magazine received the heaviest reader response in some time but contained no ardent rebuttals in defense of ISO 9000! Dalgleish, editor of ASQ magazine, contended that ISO 9000 “misdirects resources to paperwork that does almost nothing.” The first bill in 2005 flopped but one of the new bills just passed the House. These bills replace USDA/FDA food testing with reams of ISO type paperwork. Inspectors then inspect the paperwork and NOT the food. That is WHY the peanut factory who had just passed an inspection could ship tainted food.

After disease detectives in Great Britain determined that mad cow (BSE), was spread by feeding cattle infected meal, British officials banned the practice. But they didn't ban the export of feed, spreading BSE to continental Europe and Japan...At the height of the BSE epidemic, the UK exported 500,000 tons, including 168,000 metric tons of MBM (meat and bone meal) between 1990 and 1996 during Clinton's watch. It also exported 3.2 million cattle to 36 countries. A Harvard study said that the exact amount sent to the U.S. was unknown, but it noted that at least 69 tons of "mammalian meal and flour" and 334 cattle were shipped here during the period. Great Britain did inform the UN food agencies so it was known to the USDA and FDA. www.organicconsumers.org...

The IMF/World Bank “Structured Adjustment programs” removed nation support systems for third world farmers and drove them into bankruptcy. Countries were blackmailed into producing agricultural goods for export instead of food for local consumption. Transnational corporations dumping subsidized US/EU grain, drove farmers into bankruptcy, then bought the land cheap to produce high price exports. The following quotes show the grain traders greed and the level of concern for other humans.

“In summary, we have record low grain inventories globally as we move into a new crop year. We have demand growing strongly. Which means that going forward even small crop failures are going to drive grain prices to record levels. As an investor, we continue to find these long term trends...very attractive.” Food shortfalls predicted: 2008 www.financialsense.com... 

“Recently there have been increased calls for the development of a U.S. or international grain reserve to provide priority access to food supplies for Humanitarian needs. The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) and the North American Export Grain Association (NAEGA) strongly advise against this concept..Stock reserves have a documented depressing effect on prices... and resulted in less aggressive market bidding for the grains.” July 22, 2008 letter to President Bush www.naega.org...

During discussion of the agricultural conditions for entry by Poland into the EU. The EU chair lady bluntly stated the EU plans to oust a million Polish farmers from their land. Another EU member proudly announced Portugal had already removed 60% of their farmers. After traditional farmers are regulated out of business, corporations move in buying land cheaply and instituting environmentally devastating monoculture farming. The EU has doubled the intake of herbicides, multiplied the use of fungicides by six times and increased the area sprayed with pesticides by almost a hundred per cent in the past two decades. All very profitable for the Ag chemical giants. www.i-sis.org.uk...

The bottom line is that transnational corporations want to make the largest profit possible without regard for the consequences. Recent actions indicate they are moving behind the scenes to:
Vertically integrate the food chain
Get rid of competition via mergers, buyouts and regulations,
Make it impossible for new competition to arise via cost prohibited regulations
Transport goods across national borders without inspections thanks to free trade agreements
Transfer product liability (lawsuits) to others using unfair contracts
Have a captive market who has no option but to buy from them
Create a monopsony so sellers have only one buyer

Do the transnationals views competition from independent farmers selling locally a threat? Yes
With consumers increasingly demanding food that is safe, nutritious, and locally grown, the industry is sure to grow, say Penn State researchers, who believe that maximum growth will depend on collaboration among different parts of the industry from the grower through the processor and marketer to the consumer, and also involve institutions of higher learning to provide science-based innovations and an educated workforce.

Wal-Mart Supports Local Produce: Wal-Mart announced that it is increasing its partnerships with local growers and shining the spotlight on locally sourced fruits and vegetables available in its stores. www.americanvegetablegrower.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I conceal carry everywhere I go. What's your problem?

I can wear Levi's if I want, because I can.

I can drink coffee at these meetings if I want, because I can.

I can wear a dress shirt or T-shirt, because I can.

I also carry a concealed knife. Because I can.

All because I WANT to.

You do what you want to, and let everyone else do what they want.

You don't like firearms - then don't get one.

You don't like people who carry firearms - move to Britain where you won't have to worry about it.

You picked a bad country to live in if you don't like firearms. After all, it's a RIGHT here.

Not a privilege.

And NOT subjective to someone's presence.

Obama isn't all that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Gosh do I feel silly. I forgot another thing that did not happen to Bush. A half a year into his first term, we were not producing fake birth certificates to prove that he was not a natural born citizen. We were not saying that he was a secret Muslim terrorist.

In fact, as I remember it...he did not actually win either election. He was appointed by the supreme court the first time and the second time produced cases of voter fraud all over the country but you did not hear about that on FOX or MSNBC. But, everyone was told to just shut up and like and everyone did.

I am also having trouble remembering people protesting the President of the United States addressing school children before. But hey, yeah it is the same thing. Whatever y'all say. Tomatoes, pomegranates. Whatever will be....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
blah blah blah because i can

Why do you all keep completely missing the point. Was the OP talking about a concealed carry? NO!

This is about a man openly displaying a loaded gun, carrying a sigh advocating for the murder of the president.

You can sleep in ice cream as well. Would you?

Just because you can does not answer this. The question was WHY- WHY WHY would you go to see the president with a loaded gun strapped to your leg, carrying a sign like that?

No one asked if you could. The question was why would you. You all need to stop replying until you can actually read what the OP said.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

It's more difficult to get a conceal carry permit.

It doesn't MATTER!

Concealed, and you don't know where to look, or some open person who has it strapped on for all the world to see.

It's LEGAL, and it's a RIGHT!

No WHY!

Since this is a RIGHT, we don't have to explain diddly squat to you?

Who made you protest etiquette cop?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join