It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama won, get over it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I may be somewhat young and can only remember back to Reagan but I think that is enough presidents to see the big picture. Lots of people disliked Clinton, Bush Sr. Reagan, and I am sure more in the past. Where was all this outrage? Illegal wars, trillions of dollars missing, oral sex in the Oval office, more illegal wars, senelity, dimentia, illegal wars, abuse of power, trampling of the constitution, and on and on and on. I still never saw this level of anger and hatred. One man shot at Reagan because he was crazy. Where were all the gun toters in the past town halls? Where were all the pastors praying for the presidents death? Where were all the people filing lawsuits about and illegal president or denying millitary orders due to dislike for the president? Where was all this anger then? Texas, I am looking at you.

This is a democracy and we vote for a new president every four years. You will all get another chance in 2012. You can vote for some other evil conniving liar. It seems to me that this is how our country works and if you do not like it, you should leave instead of whining and protesting and carrying guns and speaking of Hitler and on and on. I know everyone says it has nothing to do with race so....what is the issue here really?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
And America lost.

Again!

Please, don't get over that.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

How did America lose? America voted him in. America enjoys a democracy. Is there something else you would prefer? Dictatorship? How would you like our government to be selected?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Actually, you didn't vote for your president.

The elecotral college did. Since the public vote had nothing to do with it AT ALL, I would say that's a pretty mute argument.

People want a real president, not some lame duck two faced bureaucrat.

It seems to me that this is how our country works and if you do not like it, you should leave instead of whining and protesting and carrying guns and speaking of Hitler and on and on. I know everyone says it has nothing to do with race so....what is the issue here really?

That was really funny. Actually in America when AMERICANS don't like the way things are being done, they change them. This is almost impossible today because of the laws and practices put in place by previous adminitrations, including Obama.

If he did what he said he was going to do, there would not be a problem.

~Keeper

[edit on 9/7/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

The American people lost to the the same corrupt system in Washington controlled by the Washington elite, special interests and major lobbyists.

The president is just a puppet, when will you people get that?

The only thing that has changed is names, faces and political parties, the agendas are long since before Obama, bought and paid for.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

America enjoys a democracy.

Yep, and that is why everything is falling apart.

America is supposed to be a republic NOT a democracy. You know why people are PO'd and on the verge of revolution? Because the 49% that disagree with the president have to be subjected to his rule.

This is why democracy always fail because eventually the rather large minority revolt.

As long as people keep calling America a "democracy" and keep telling people to "deal with it" you are only going to see the rage escalate. How about the people that say "Obama Won, Deal With It", take their own advice and realize that in what is supposed to be a free country we don't have to "deal with it" and can dissent.

So my advice is to all those people is people don't like Obama and are dissenting, Deal With It.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Actually, you didn't vote for your president.

The elecotral college did. Since the public vote had nothing to do with it AT ALL, I would say that's a pretty mute argument.

People want a real president, not some lame duck two faced bureaucrat.

Well, in theory you are correct.

However, in practice, the electoral college always votes in line with the popular vote. So while in theory we don't actually vote for the president, in practice we do. There are 'faithless electors' who, in the past, have voted against the popular vote. However, in the entire history of the electoral college they have never actually changed the result of an election. Also, there were no such electors during the 2008 race.

Obama won the popular vote, the electoral college votes in line with the popular vote, so in practice (although not theory), the populace voted Obama in.

It may be a hard pill to swallow for some of us, but America's populace has a track record for voting in lame ducks.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
That was really funny. Actually in America when AMERICANS don't like the way things are being done, they change them. This is almost impossible today because of the laws and practices put in place by previous adminitrations, including Obama.

If he did what he said he was going to do, there would not be a problem.

~Keeper

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

When Bush won, how did the liberals get over it?

Protests
Mock assassination movie
Daily ridicule by the media

Yeah, we will get over it with our vote, our words, our voice.

And his actions.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'm a little confused - are you angry that the US took this long to revolt, or believe people shouldn't revolt - or protest - at all?

The irony is - you live in a country where you can whine about whiners on the street, at a town hall, or on a computer, or protest the protesters in the same places.

So, before whining about people voicing their dissent, remember you're doing the same thing, and if you don't like that you have that ability, you are free to leave America.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have a prediction for you...

In 2010 the American people will lose yet again, even more so between now and then.

In 2012, barring some unforeseen war or global killing event, we will lose again as a new puppet will likely be "elected"

By then America will be completely controlled by an ever expanding government, and that government will be dominated completely by national and international corporate interests, manipulated by global agendas etc. The American people will find themselves oppressed by insanely higher taxes, new restrictions on freedom and liberty, fewer jobs and much higher costs of living.

It hardly matters to many of you now, but it will then.

There is your very real doom and gloom 2012 prediction.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
I have a prediction for you...

In 2010 the American people will lose yet again, even more so between now and then.

In 2012, barring some unforeseen war or global killing event, we will lose again as a new puppet will likely be "elected"

By then America will be completely controlled by an ever expanding government, and that government will be dominated completely by national and international corporate interests, manipulated by global agendas etc. The American people will find themselves oppressed by insanely higher taxes, new restrictions on freedom and liberty, fewer jobs and much higher costs of living.

It hardly matters to many of you now, but it will then.

There is your very real doom and gloom 2012 prediction.

Do you live in America? If so, why? It does not sound to me like you think very much of it and have no hope for its future so I truly hope you live elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos

I'm a little confused - are you angry that the US took this long to revolt, or believe people shouldn't revolt - or protest - at all?

The irony is - you live in a country where you can whine about whiners on the street, at a town hall, or on a computer, or protest the protesters in the same places.

So, before whining about people voicing their dissent, remember you're doing the same thing, and if you don't like that you have that ability, you are free to leave America.

Yeah um, this is for you and the little kid above you. I do not need to carry and display a loaded weapon to a political event in order to voice my dissent.

See the difference?

Can anyone explain to me why you need to have a loaded gun on you to see the president of the United States or to go to a town hall meeting?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Actually for some of you who do not know any better, the United States is a Republic, NOT a democracy.

And as far as the electoral college voting in sync - not at all, look at the totals through the years.

Believe me, the last thing you want is a democracy. In a republic people have rights, like the Bill of Rights, which means one person still has the right to speak even if 300 million have a different opinion. In a democracy that would never be the case.

As Ben Franklin said, "A democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner, in a republic, the sheep has a gun."

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My feelings can best be summed up by a bumper sticker I once saw.

Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

When Bush won, how did the liberals get over it?

Protests
Mock assassination movie
Daily ridicule by the media

Yeah, we will get over it with our vote, our words, our voice.

And his actions.

And are you carrying loaded guns to see the president? Do you need to? Is there a reasonable explanation for it? How many people toted guns to see Bush? How many preachers openly asked their congregation to pray for his death?

I cannot believe you all do not see the difference between dissent and unqualified hatred.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The thing is, the people who voted for him don't like him, because he is a liar, and does not keep up with his promises, and hey, this country is in sucky times, who do you expect the people to blame it on but the big guy?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
*sings* Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Republican or Democrat people c'mon now, it's all divide and conquer. Look at us squabbling over which management team of slavery inc gets to rule. Sad.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

yes I can explain why peole carry guns to these events.

Because they have the right to. And since Obama and his ilk have been trying to place stricter gun laws, they are simply showing their right to do so and proving that they LIKE their guns the way they are.

They never threatened the president with them, they never shot them of in the air.

It's a political statement.

Actions speak louder than words my friend.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Where was all this outrage?

I'm not sure what all you mean. There was a ton of outrage.

The 'Impeach Bush' Movement:
www.impeachbush.org...

Protests broke out across the nation to protest Bush's Bailout:
therealnews.com...

Tens of thousands protest Bush's inauguration:
www.wsws.org...

The Anti-War Movement was massive:
en.wikipedia.org...

The 9/11 Truth Movement to investigate the event:
www.911truth.org...

Many believe Bush should be tried for war crimes:
www.bushcommission.org...
www.bushwarcrimes.com...

A [now closed] petition to prosecute Bush:
www.thepetitionsite.com...

National movements against the patriot act:
www.aclu.org...

Soldier refuses to go to Iraq:
www.commondreams.org...

The above is just what I can think of from the top of my head to refute some of the events you mention. I'm sure there's more. Then you think there wasn't a massive fuss over Clinton's sex scandal? I only remember as far back as Reagan, too, but it's impossible to forget the sex scandal. It was everywhere and they tried to impeach Clinton.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by AshleyD]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join