It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

official anti-christ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was listening to c2c and this guy was talking about this Dolce guy. No big deal I thought.
But then Ole George Nori said many people believed that this Dolce guy was the Anti-Christ.
Then I started thinking that many people thought Obama and George Bush and plenty of other people were the antichrist.
So I started thinking about the antichrist and it occurred to me that,
Wasn’t Charles Darwin technically the Antichrist?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by president

So I started thinking about the antichrist and it occurred to me that,
Wasn’t Charles Darwin technically the Antichrist?

Since you can't provide a link to your thoughts, do you care to elaborate further..?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

I’m not really sure Darwin was actually trying to disprove Christianity,
or the idea that man was created in God’s image,
but wasn’t that the end result of his work.

At least for the people who believe him; like every science teacher in the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by president
or the idea that man was created in God’s image,
but wasn’t that the end result of his work.

Well, no, he wasn't, and no, it wasn't

But even if he was, how do you figure that makes him the antichrist?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by president

Well, it depends if you believe Lady Hope or not...

But what is the connection to our buddy the antichrist..?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
so won't the real antichrist please stand up, please stand up, please stand up

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How would we know who the ant-christ is. Take everything you know about the true being of "christ" and invert its properties, there you have anti-christ. Who cares....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If this helps any, the word "christ" is derived from a greek word "christos," which means "anointed."

So how would someone be anti-anointed?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GigaloCool
so won't the real antichrist please stand up, please stand up, please stand up

Wouldn't it be prudent to get the real christ to stand up first ?

Xtian scripture is so incomprehensible that I'd opt for the Man From DelMonte being the antichrist

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
[edit on 6-9-2009 by son of total newbie]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Either Reza Pahlavi or Aga Khan is the anti-christ.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Isn't anybody who doesn't believe in christ in fact an anti-christ?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknessFollows

Of course not...the anti-Christ knows Christ and what and who he is...but rejects him, nevertheless.

For people who don't believe that such a person as Christ even exists...they're not even considered capable of critical thought and treated like the rest of earth's wildlife.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessFollows
Isn't anybody who doesn't believe in christ in fact an anti-christ?

Taking the label antichrist seems to infer an agenda against the christ...

Where if you don't believe and don't care, it would seem to be a fair generalization that you're indifferent...or, more to the point - ahead of the pack.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Anyone with knowledge of the bible(unfortunately for me) would know that, before the real antichrist comes into power, many figures, appearing, to be the antichrist will appear, just before "the end times" eg. Hitler, Sadam Hussein etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes I agree its important to have an official anti-Christ for all the marketing and endorsement deals.

Anti-Christ Bobble-Heads and T-#s, coffee mugs and beer steins, caps and hoodies should all be copy right protected so the Anti-Christ doesn't loose royalties.

Endorsements are important, your kids will no doubt want to have the same brand of tennis shoes the Anti-Christ takes to the courts with and the same guitar the Anti-Christ plays in his band!

This is America and the Anti-Christ should have all the official licensing and copy right, trade mark and patent protections that go along with being 'Official'.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There have been too many antichrists in history to mention them all here. But generally speaking it would be determined on what religion you follow or are interested in. it seems each one has its own version of an antichrist figure and each ones arrival is similar to the next. To determine which modern person would be the antichrist is impossible. No one will know who he/she/it is until it is revealed by them.

“Paul writes that this Man of Sin (sometimes translated son of perdition) will possess a number of characteristics. These include "sitting in the temple", opposing himself against anything that is worshiped, claiming divine authority, working all kinds of counterfeit miracles and signs, and doing all kinds of evil. Paul notes that "the mystery of lawlessness" (though not the Man of Sin himself) was working in secret already during his day and will continue to function until being destroyed on the Last Day. His identity is to be revealed after that which is restraining him is removed.”

Anti-Christ

And this is ony from modern western religious belif. If you go into greater detail you see many similiarites.

Now going from this example it is safe to say that the antichrist will have certin characteristics. Heres a list to anme a few.

The 27 Characteristics of the AntiChrist

1. He comes from among ten kings in the restored Roman Empire; his authority will have similarities to the ancient Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks [Daniel 7:24; Rev 13:2 / Daniel 7:7]

2. He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]

3. He is different from the other kings [Daniel 7:24]

4. He will rise from obscurity…a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]

5. He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]

6. He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]

7. He will oppress the saints and be successful for 3 ½ years [Daniel 7:25; Rev 13:7]

8. He will try to change the calendar, perhaps to define a new era, related to himself [Daniel 7:25]

9. He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era
[Dan 7:25]

10. He will not be succeeded by another earthly ruler, but by Christ [Daniel 7:26-27]

11. He will confirm a covenant with “many”, i.e. the Jewish people [Daniel 9:27]
This covenant will likely involve the establishment of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
[see Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15]

12. He will put an end to Jewish sacrifice and offerings after 3 ½ years and will set up an abomination to God in the Temple [Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15]

13. He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleases”[Daniel 11:36]

14. He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]

15. He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]

16. He will have "no regard for the desire of women": He will either be asexual or homosexual
[Dan 11:37]

17. He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]

18. He will claim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]

19. He will only honor a “god” of the military. His whole focus and attention will be on his military. He will conquer lands and distribute them [Daniel 11:39-44]

20. His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

21. Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]

22. He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave
[2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]

23. He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

24. He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]

25. He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

26. His name will be related to the number six hundred and sixty six—but not necessarily in an obvious fashion [Rev 13:17-18].

27. He will be empowered by the devil himself [Rev. 13:2]

Eads Home Ministries

So how many people in modern times do we know that fit this description? How many are yet to be born? How many have already been claimed by someone as the antichrist?

Well here’s a list. Not a complete one but this will do for this post.

The Anti-Christ Watch

In closing to say who the antichrist is is virtually imposible. No one will know until it actually happens, there are signs to point out when and if he/she/it has arrived, so keep an open eye and be careful.

~Ghost

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For me the "Anti-Christ" is just a set of behaviors that anyone could undertake. So we could have thousands or even millions of anti-christs walking around the world at the same time. It may very well be that all of the people mentioned by you were the Anti-Christ, although I do not believe so.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

Hi ghostryder/

You made a few good points as to who the Antichrist shall be.
As you may know, there are many antichrists and false prophets....this just shows that many have been deceived, or that they are fullfilling evil thoughts.
The Antichrist that Daniel the Prophet speaks of has not yet appeared....as you made some good references from Scripture.
Anti....he will be in place of Christ,Greek meaning of anti also means instead of.
Anti....the opposite of Christ.
All his power will come from Satan,this he will do free willed and willingly to please his master.
The False prophet shall appear first to welcome the Antichrist, as did Saint John the Baptist testify that Jesus was the Christ.

How the Antichrist comes out in the worlds scene is yet to be....
The First three and half years the Antichrist shall show good will toward man,he will always act with kindness and never speak with angry words.
All his evil earthly power shall last for three and half years,and only after he murders the Two Prophets who shall testify that he is the Antichrist.
Then the Antichrist will show his true colours toward the last three and half years of his life because he yet has not had all willingly come to worship him.
Those last three and half years will be the worst catastrophic events ever seen in History by man alive.
This is why in the Book of the Apocalypse it says , many shall be called Saints in those days,of those that are alive at Judgment Day.
A Prophecy or Prophetic Dream?
(1829-1908)

The starets then said to me,
'Look!' I saw on a cloud seven burning lamps.
I asked,
'What is the meaning of the burning lamps which fell to the ground' He said,
Those are the churches of God which have fallen into heresy,
but these seven lamps on the clouds are the seven Catholic and Apostolic Churches which will remain until the end of the world!'
The *starets then pointed high into the air and I saw and heard angels singing,
'Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord of Sabbaoth!'
Then a large crowd of people with candles in their hands rushed by with joy on their shining faces.
They were archbishops, monks, nuns, groups of laymen, young adults, and even children and babies....continued below

www.abovetopsecret.com...
*Starets..an Elder in the Orthodox Church(Russian)

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

excellent post helen. it is true we will not know who he is when he does arrive, all we can look for is the signs. this reminds me of a graphic novel that i read a couple years ago called Chosen by Mark Miller. It's a really good read.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ghostryder21]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join